Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met them

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby Access Denied » Sat May 08, 2010 5:00 pm

gunter wrote:In answer to AD's question- I have no evidence other than my own memories of the event. If that's reason to reject my statement- so be it.

Well, I can’t speak for anybody but else but I think the reason your statement is currently being rejected is you haven't told us anything to back up your claim other than you personally met some aliens. How about some specifics like…

How did you meet them?
What convinced you they were aliens?
What are their names?
Where did they live?
Where did they come from?
Why are they here?
What did they do for a living?
What did they look like?
What did their spaceship look like?
Did they have any special powers?

gunter wrote:The fact remains that the evidence of any observation, extraordinary or mundane, is most often contained only in the mind and the testimony of the observer. This is true of most purported Ufer sightings including those of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. Such can also be said of such as simple assertion as, "I saw a fox in my garden last week."

And your point is?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]


Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby MikeJamieson » Sat May 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Access Denied wrote:And your point is?


I think he's trying to tell us that he didn't steal one of their intergalactic cell phones and lift/copy one of their birth certificates. Oh....and, he forgot to bring his camera.
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat May 08, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Ukiah, CA

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby Zep Tepi » Sat May 08, 2010 6:19 pm

But but but (and welcome back Mike, good to see you :))
Seeing a fox in the garden is not something out of the ordinary. It's practically an everyday occurence and something that has been well documented throughout history.

Meeting Krask the alien and chillin' out with his mates, isn't ;)
.
Image
User avatar
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Re: Behind Serpo

Postby Access Denied » Sat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm

MikeJamieson wrote:I think he's trying to tell us that he didn't steal one of their intergalactic cell phones and lift/copy one of their birth certificates. Oh....and, he forgot to bring his camera.

That much I gathered. However, I think Ryan's point bears repeating...

ryguy wrote:So...why not examine the facts? Real people have real names with places of employment, families, a history of residence...thousands of ways to get tracked down based on what you knew about them in the 1960's?

It would be interesting to find out where these “people” are now or what happened to them don’t you think? Maybe get some DNA samples?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby MikeJamieson » Sat May 08, 2010 6:41 pm

How did you meet them?
What convinced you they were aliens?
What are their names?
Where did they live?
Where did they come from?
Why are they here?
What did they do for a living?
What did they look like?
What did their spaceship look like?
Did they have any special powers?


(First, thanks Zep Tepi......)

I was looking at your (AD's) list above, and knowing nothing at all about gunter's experience, I'm still going to go out on a limb here (presumptively, of course) and say that perhaps his story would for sure identify "how did you meet them" and "where did they live". I may have missed something (that was posted in the original thread?), but so far we don't have a picture of what he feels happened to him. For example, are we talking about the so called human looking types that people claim encountering? Or, were they obviously "alien" (by looking radical different than our species)?

If those two questions are answered, it would at least give people an opportunity to:
1) examine local folklore related to unusual stuff like this (Chorlton found one good link about that)
2) go into the "field" and see what's up now (in the area where he reports encountering them)

At the very least, a field trip may be called for! (Getting out of this classroom here.) Sounds like there might be great camping sites in that rural area of Michigan.

If he shares, we can figure out other possible followups.
EDIT:
Ah ha! Shows how closely I've been paying attention in this class: "living and working near Dearborn".
That's a start. Were these people somewhat out in the open then?
I would love to hear the story.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Ukiah, CA

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby gunter » Sun May 09, 2010 1:31 am

There's no story. I had a friend who knew of a gaggle of very normal seeming people who claimed to be from another solar system and I was introduced to them. That's about it. I believed both her and them. I was a PHD candidate in Philosophy at the time and was prepared to consider anything. I was neither surprised nor alarmed. One other point that's worth mentioning- they claimed that their existence was known to the Ethical Culture Society of New York.
consider everything/ believe nothing
Image
User avatar
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby Chorlton » Sun May 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Well anyone who believes Tinned Spotted Dick is good stuff simply cant be right in the head !
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm

gunter wrote:I had a friend who knew of a gaggle of very normal seeming people who claimed to be from another solar system and I was introduced to them.


When coupled with:

I was a PHD candidate in Philosophy at the time


Explains just about everything one would need to know... other than on what cow paddock you and they found the mushrooms. :lol: Being much of my family is from Toledo and Sturgis, Michigan, I know lots of people from that area and the stories of the psylocibin shrooms were everywhere, especially back then.

and was prepared to consider anything. I was neither surprised nor alarmed. One other point that's worth mentioning- they claimed that their existence was known to the Ethical Culture Society of New York.


Lots of claims there, by them. However, you still have not given any indication of why you believed their story and accepted it as factual... other than the fact that you, like every other mortal, are willing to believe that which you wish to be true. For all your ranting about philosophy, it certainly does not affect your critical thinking with respect to this belief, does it?

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby ryguy » Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 pm

gunter wrote:There's no story. I had a friend who knew of a gaggle of very normal seeming people who claimed to be from another solar system and I was introduced to them. That's about it. I believed both her and them. I was a PHD candidate in Philosophy at the time and was prepared to consider anything. I was neither surprised nor alarmed. One other point that's worth mentioning- they claimed that their existence was known to the Ethical Culture Society of New York.


Thanks for offering more details...I wish you'd be a little more willing to share more details, but so far the picture I get is of a remote group of folks living in a tight community claiming to be from another solar system. So far it fits the description of so many UFO cults that Vallee documented throughout the years (Messengers of Deception was awesome by the way...).

Did they only make the claim, or did they offer any proof of any kind...you say you believed both her and them - what made you believe them? You've always said, consider everything - believe nothing...are you saying your personal philosophy was the exact opposite of that back then?

Mike - I'd be up for such a road trip! I wonder if Kit would let us camp out on his back lawn? :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby gunter » Mon May 10, 2010 8:27 pm

.you say you believed both her
Why did I believe her? Because as far as I could tell she was as honest as my Auntie. And I always believed my auntie was a paragon of honesty. Know what I mean?
consider everything/ believe nothing
Image
User avatar
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon May 10, 2010 8:32 pm

gunter wrote: Because as far as I could tell she was as honest as my Auntie.


Sounds like something that would come straight out of the mouth(s) of Bill Ryan and/or Kerry Cassidy. So then the question to you becomes: Are you merely "E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-I-N-G" with your story of aliens in your midst, or are you actually trying to establish something as fact?

Makes a difference, according to Toon.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
User avatar
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 pm
Location: Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby gunter » Mon May 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I tossed it out there for what it's worth. I'm under no illusion that anyone here will believe me and there's nothing I can do about that.
consider everything/ believe nothing
Image
User avatar
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby Chorlton » Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 am

The problem we have is in each individuals perception of reality.
Billy Meier has convinced himself he has seen and met Aliens. I suspect this stems from something he saw back in the 50's. To justify that to himself he then creates reproductions of what he thinks were real and passes this to others.

I suspect John Lear actually believes some oif the rubbish he spouts (but I am unable to separate that which he believes and supports and also that which he disbelieves but jokingly goes along with)

In certain cases if people say things for long enough they eventually come to believe it and the original premis that started it is lost in the midst of time.

What one person perceives as real isnt what other will perceive it as, however that does not mean the first persons perception is invalidated.

In many cases, in fact in so many cases, someone will see something, and in a very short time, what they actually saw will start to fade. Their brain will then begin fabricating and piecing together what they thought they saw and that starts to distort the reality of what was originally seen.

Take Chinese Lanterns for example. Most people can, at the time of the sighting actually see the heating candle or element flickering, yet asked later about them they always fail to mention it.

I'm rambling arent i ? its my age and lack of chocolate, I think.
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
User avatar
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby ryguy » Tue May 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Yes - I don't really fault Gunter for the belief, but it would just be cool to get to the bottom of the real story...because you and I both know the odds are pretty darn good that they weren't from anywhere other than Earth. With that said...there could be something to the claim. Even just the little tidbit offered above - Ethical Culture Society of New York - reveals a tremendous amount about what the group may have been.

New York Society for Ethical Culture

We are a humanist and ethical movement inspired by the ideal that the supreme aim of our lives is to create a more humane society. We stand for separation of church and state. We believe acting morally does not require belief in a god. We place our faith in the demonstrated capacity of people to do wonderful things. We believe in the worth and dignity of all living beings.
[snip]
As an Ethical Culture community we believe that: * We are all part of something that transcends the individual experience
[snip]


Even more: What is ethical culture?

Philosophy and Vision
Ethical Culture is....
- a religion that looks toward a future where morality, spirituality, and science will no longer be at odds, but where each will deepen our understanding of the others.


A bit more about the society from the Oppenheimer Bio:

His father, Julius, emigrated from Germany to work in the garment industry where he prospered and became part of the Society for Ethical Culture. The Society had sprung in 1876 from the largest and wealthiest Jewish congregation of the United States, the Reform Judaism Temple EmmanuEl. Composed at the time mainly of wealthy members of German heritage, the Society’s goal was to improve the real world through morally motivated action. In order to fulfill this end, the Society’s tool of choice was transcendent reason applied to the urban social problems caused by industrialization and immigration. At the turn of the 20th century a new wave of more religious Jews from Slavic countries entered the United States causing some consternation amongst many older, established, Jewish families originally from Germany who strove to assimilate within New York high society.

The Ethical Culture Society’s assistance to the new more Orthodox Jewish immigrants stemmed to some extent from a desire to facilitate their integration into American culture. The Oppenheimer’s membership in the Ethical Culture Society and young Robert’s schooling for ten of his twelve years at its Ethical Culture School inculcated young Oppenheimer with the view that economic inequality is a major underlying cause of urban and societal ills and was probably the root of his lifelong liberalism. The book implicitly suggests that the Society’s emphasis on the secular and its rejection of the divine (Judaism) as a basis for morality may have contributed to Oppenheimer apparent trouble with developing a core sense of identity.


The religious nature (albeit with an atheist dogma) hints ever more strongly that the Michigan group would have been some sort of extremist offshoot of the original society, which somehow incorporated UFO cult dogma into the original religion.

That's my best guess based on the meager data Gunter has offered about the group so far. :)

Although I'd love to know where they ended up and interview them about that belief system in the 60's, and see if it still exists in the same form or a different form today.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby gunter » Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Interesting, Ryan. I don't think that the alien auntie was a member or even as familiar with that amazing society as I was- having been raised in the glow of that philosophical approach to ethics. Was that the reason for the reference? I often wondered about that. And that benevolent cult included not just Oppenheimer but also Einstein. The Christian equivalent were the Universalists. If there were a true cabal open minded enough to accept an alien reality it was certainly the Ethical Culturalists.

It is clear to me that the only true approach to the high strange phenomena is Philosophical. That's the reason for my well known (tedious?) rants concerning Plato and Whitehead.
consider everything/ believe nothing
Image
User avatar
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:14 pm

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests

cron