Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met them

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Aliens are visiting the planet, I have personally met th

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Tue May 11, 2010 5:12 pm

gunter wrote:It is clear to me that the only true approach to the high strange phenomena is Philosophical. That's the reason for my well known (tedious?) rants concerning Plato and Whitehead.

What a surprise. You believe philosophy answers all questions. But the reality is that it supplies endless mental masturbation for the small-minded who think they are large-minded. ;)

To the man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail. To the man with philosophy, everything looks like an epistemological crisis.
Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm

All special enquiry is subsumed by philosophy by definition.
consider everything/ believe nothing
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Wed May 12, 2010 3:40 am

ryguy wrote:
gunter wrote:There's no story. I had a friend who knew of a gaggle of very normal seeming people who claimed to be from another solar system and I was introduced to them. That's about it. I believed both her and them. I was a PHD candidate in Philosophy at the time and was prepared to consider anything. I was neither surprised nor alarmed. One other point that's worth mentioning- they claimed that their existence was known to the Ethical Culture Society of New York.

Thanks for offering more details...I wish you'd be a little more willing to share more details, but so far the picture I get is of a remote group of folks living in a tight community claiming to be from another solar system. So far it fits the description of so many UFO cults that Vallee documented throughout the years (Messengers of Deception was awesome by the way...).

Did they only make the claim, or did they offer any proof of any kind...you say you believed both her and them - what made you believe them? You've always said, consider everything - believe nothing...are you saying your personal philosophy was the exact opposite of that back then?

Mike - I'd be up for such a road trip! I wonder if Kit would let us camp out on his back lawn? :)

-Ry

Thought this was (at first) in 1967...but, saw later that corrected at 1998. (Right?)

Doesn't sound like that these folks were obviously nutty or out there, or Gunter would have made that observation here. He said normal appearing. So, that means they possibly came to this belief with a somewhat sound and functioning mind and were sincere. Perhaps that suggests then that they hooked up with some sort of philosophical/metaphysical system that was part of the late 90s UFO culture? I don't see anything ufological related in the material I see out of the Ethical Cultural Society of NY.

Field trip! I don't think this is camping stuff, Ryan. (But, I have a tent at ready!) Looks more like knocking on doors...to find some small intentional community that might be focused on who knows what?
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby gunter » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 am

Thought this was (at first) in 1967...but, saw later that corrected at 1998. (Right?)
'67 or '68, Mike. If I said '98 it was a typo. Forty three years is a long time.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm

On the first page of this thread - CommDogg wrote in his/her second post on RU:

I met that little enclave of alien visitors in Michigan. It wasn't 1967 though it was more like 1998. Oh, and they weren't aliens, but they spent 30 years baking on LSD and THOUGHT they were. Either that or those shify aliens had a really good disguise going as a hippie commune.

Tee Hee.

So - an anonymous source says such a hippie commune still exists in 1998. It would definitely be interesting to interview them if they're still around - of course it would be a generation or so later. The LSD idea sounds plausible...lol.

Mike - I suggested camping because as it stands that's all I suspect the RU budget could handle, unless you know someone generous enough to donate funds to the expedition - airfare and hotel costs. I would think such an investigative trip would be interesting. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

How do they get here?

Consider this: That the cosmos is in actuality a wet system wherein all Actual Occasions (after the Whitehead-Russell definition of that term) dynamically exist in an aetheric medium, ineluctably and continuously interconnected beyond the abstracted bounds of space/time; altogether conscious and analogous to the brain infused with, and immersed in, blood. Quantum Mechanics will eventually point us towards this realization and technology will make it of practical use. And at that point in time we'll no-longer be simply a ridiculous little civilization proudly tying fire crackers on our asses to achieve near earth orbit but will rather gain the means to travel everywhere in creation at the speed of thought and the twinkling of an eye. Such is the operative theory behind RV, for instance. 'Insurmountable distance,' the main objection to the hypothesis of off-world visitation (ETH), is in fact nothing more than a categorical prison- a local paradigm. Reality Uncoverers- think beyond the box.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:10 pm

**Picks up Gunter's brain and hands it back to him**

Here you go - it fell out.

"When he to whom one speaks does not understand, and he who speaks himself does not understand, that is metaphysics."
~Voltaire, Philosophical Dictionary
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Good to see you understood. Or pretended to understand with a cavalier dismissal. That's always good.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Understood, but you really could say it without spraying it - and every other word is such a leap of faith. I'm still back considering the fundamental questions and you're already talking about traveling through space and time with our minds ffs.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby gunter » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 pm

That was a dense, short version for the edification of the erudite. EE. Perhaps it needs to be read twice- maybe several times- before the implications take hold. Hey- all this is is a cacophony of electrons on a screen. Sorta like WOW.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:26 am

There are no implications - you've just smoked too much in your younger days.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Re: Behind Serpo

Postby oboe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 pm

gunter wrote:Yes. I 'physically met' these visitors. I don't necessarily expect anyone to believe it. But it is indeed true. And in considering it philosophically I've come to conclude that such experiences are neither surprising nor rare.

Were you high on LSD at the time? That would explain a lot.
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby gunter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, Oboe, most of the time but not all of the time. It was the 60s after all.
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm

gunter wrote:. It was the 60s after all.

You....you mean its finished ?
Wow !
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby gunter » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Well- there are still a few of us unreconstructed flower children running amok. But we try to keep a low profile. As you well know...
gunter
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs