What do you believe?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

What do you believe?

Postby ScaRZ » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:56 pm

I know this is a simple question,but one that has been on my mind for some time now. What do you believe as far as UFO's and Aliens are concerned?
I'm talking to all the Mods and Members that are part of this forum.

I've been pretty quiet as of late and have been taking in everything written on the forum. When it comes right down to it,I have no idea what most do or don't believe.

I get a huge feeling most are looking for pure clear cut proof. I could care less about Serpo,and my question has nothing to do with it. If you don't see it with your own eyes,perfect truth will never come. I want to know what your gut is telling you,deep down what do you believe?
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:08 pm

well scarz,

my own feeling is this from an earlier post:

On the other hand, to my mind, after studying the literature for the last 40 years of my life I've come to the conclusion that the UFO phenomenon is undeniable. Not just 50%- Rather, absolutely real. To deny it is sort of like denying global warming in my opinion. We can trot out esteemed scientists to debunk global warming, no?

kim
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:03 pm

For me things are not black and white but either very possible, not likely and eveything in between. Of course there are absolute proven facts and impossibilities backed by Fact. So in regards to the queston I lean to more likely then not but your right until a craft lands in my front yard I,ll always leave room for doubt
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 pm

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dragonfire » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:34 am

I must say there is something, what, I don't know. Alien, possible. UFO's, definately. If you can't explain something that flies, is it not an unidentified flying object. Those I have seen and cannot explain. I have heard NO satisfactory explaination for them either. They were definately NOT swampgas...haha :shock:
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Re: What do you believe?

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:55 am

ScaRZ wrote:I get a huge feeling most are looking for pure clear cut proof. I could care less about Serpo,and my question has nothing to do with it. If you don't see it with your own eyes,perfect truth will never come. I want to know what your gut is telling you,deep down what do you believe?

I believe in alien civilizations, but I do not believe they are here nor do I believe we have had any modern-day contact with them.

I think it is very possible there has been some contact in the past - probably thousands of years ago and I also believe it is not beyond the boundaries to think they may have had some part to play in the evolution of our species.

Many say there is ample evidence to prove that they are here and are visiting us right now. Show me that evidence then. Convince me there is no other explanation for nearly all of the stories that have been touted as proof for the existence of ET visitation. You would think with all of the technological advancements we have made, easy access to video and digital cameras and the like, that we would have something to make us sit up and think something really is going on with regards to UFO's etc. What about the tens of thousands of news crews and cameramen all over the globe, how come they haven't captured definitive proof that something is going on?

You would think the sheer amount of reports and sightings would have *something* to back them up, surely? After all, if your eyes can see them they must be visible and capturable on film!

Sorry, I don't buy it. If they needed to observe us I don't see why they would feel the need to fly around in our atmosphere running the risk of being spotted by millions of people and thus revealing their presence to us ;)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:36 pm

The problem with that statement is that it necessarily implies that all of the millions of witnesses are either deluded or lying; that all of the photograpic evidence is fake; that scientists like John Mack, Stan Friedman, Allen Hynek are also liars or nutcases.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:58 pm

I have yet to see any physical evidence that proves the existence of UFO's, despite the millions of people who have access to cameras.

Most of the photos I have seen are more likely to have an earthly explanation for them than an ET one. A lot of people who report UFO sightings have simply seen something they cannot explain so it must be alien lol. A lot of people just want to join the club and make stuff up because they feel left out lol.

None of those people you named have ever provided any physical evidence to prove the existence of ET. Not a jot.

It's a phenomenon, I don't doubt that - it's just the nature of the phenomenon where I tend to differ from most people.

All IMHO, of course :)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: What do you believe?

Postby ryguy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm

ScaRZ wrote:I get a huge feeling most are looking for pure clear cut proof. I could care less about Serpo,and my question has nothing to do with it. If you don't see it with your own eyes,perfect truth will never come. I want to know what your gut is telling you,deep down what do you believe?

Awesome question.

Steve, Shawnna & myself have spent some long nights discussing this, and while the three of us agree on the existence of ET life - I'd say we probably disagree to some extent on every other issue, what/who they are, interdimensional/real/spiritual, if they've ever visited earth and if they continue to do so. All of the following is what my "gut" feelings are, and they are offered as such, based on only my own experiences and reading of stories and accounts.

I do believe not only that they're real, but they've visited us and continue to do so. I believe a large number of abductees are telling real stories, but they are extremely scared, confused, and misunderstand what it is they are seeing. I believe that there is a spiritual/interdimensional nature to the many types of ET life - and I believe that many of the old texts such as the bible refer to experiences people have had with these spiritual/ethereal beings.

One aspect I agree with Zep very strongly is the effect they've possibly had on our evolution. That's a very real possibility.

And all of those "gut" feelings confirm and solidify my personal spiritual beliefs as well - that there is a supreme intelligence that binds all worlds within this infinite universe. In my mind it's unbelievably arrogant and rediculous to say that we are alone. Look up on a starry night and try to fathom the sheer depth of what you're looking at - it always makes me laugh at the thought that anyone could possibly doubt that we're not alone.

-Ry
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:14 pm

I second that emotion...
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ScaRZ » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 pm

I just want to thank everybody that has put their gut belief on the table. I really think I know you much better now. We all share some of the same thoughts on this subject.

I will be giving my belief on the subject to let evereyone know where I stand as of NOW. I didn't want to ask a question and turn right around and give my belief. I didn't want to hear my on voice on the subject,but wanted to hear your voices.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Almeirhria » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:27 am

Visited, visiting and interacted - yes. Interdimensional is a seperate topic, but not necessarily unrelated.

Especially these days it appears we all desire proof for our own senses to validate a reality.

But what constitutes proof?
A photo - well it's possible to be faked and it's only a picture.
A piece of metal from a spacecraft - well it's material and it can be tested, but also difficult to then proove it's not manmade. Would you pass it around for the world to touch it also?
Seeing a UFO - they say seeing is believing - is it? - can you be sure that the UFO you saw for that brief moment was not your mind or something else? Everyone else now has to believe you and in UFOs.

Don't dwell on the above obviously there are rebuttles such as numerous sightings multiply credibility, photo versus video etc.

The points are: Our reality is made up of experiences.
A belief need not be black and white. My method to belief is to accept whatever is being said. Then do not believe, and do not dis-believe. Look into what was said and study to prove or dis-prove, with the only intention of furthering your awareness.
Almeirhria

Postby dragonfire » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:32 pm

It's funny but sad at the same time, proof. I think Stan freidman said, and I agree, In a court of law we put people away by an eye witness, a photo, etc... When it comes to UFO's, aliens etc.. what other proof is there. I guess we'll have to wait for them to introduce themselves... and there still will be skeptics, because they weren't there, or they saw it on TV and said, That's really good scifi..haha :wink:

I guess some people will not believe until one falls out of the sky and lands on them. Of course they'll be dead, but their spirit will say..wow they're real...uhh...damn who's gonna believe this :lol:
Irritating the world, one person at a time
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby GalacticG » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Scarz, thanks for starting this thread. I had been thinking of asking the same question of all of us here simply to get to know everyone else.

I think what Ry wrote is pretty much how I feel as well. I encourage more people to let their feelings be known here as well, whether they believe or doubt.

I also think that I'm capable of handling it the day True Disclosure (whatever that is) ever comes. I'd also like to give the rest of the world credit and hope that everyone else can handle it, too. It will definitely be a shock to the world, but one I truly believe we can take and still be able to move forward with our heads held high. We shouldn't consider ourselves worthless beings or the Laughingstock of the Universe simply because we still have so many internal societal problems and that there are (insert large number here) other alien civilizations that are far beyond "our level." No being is born a wise adult, are they?

I believe that "The Fear of Uncertainty / The Unknown" is the greatest obstacle we humans face. The fear of answering the question "What will happen if... ?" is the biggest constraint on our personal and social growth, IMO. And of course the biggest obstacle to True Disclosure.
Kool-Aid? No thanks. But I'll take a Guinness.
GalacticG
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:39 pm

I believe that "The Fear of Uncertainty / The Unknown" is the greatest obstacle we humans face. The fear of answering the question "What will happen if... ?" is the biggest constraint on our personal and social growth, IMO. And of course the biggest obstacle to True Disclosure.

Yeah but.... What if, as Charles Hoy Fort believed, we are PROPERTY? Perhaps that's where the lack of disclosure originates.

Hell, I want to know in any case. But it may be a tad upsetting.

What if it turns out that we're the property of Greatwaller?? Get my point? hahahaha
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Next

Google

Return to UFOs