What do you believe?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:20 pm

ScaRZ wrote:
Shawnna wrote: One can be very religious but not have a spiritual bone in their body.

I like that quote Shawnna!

In my opinion religion has nothing to do with God, it's only man trying to play God.
Religion takes God and places him inside a box, and if you want to open the box and become one with God you must abide by certain rules and traditions.

Religion is the opiate of the masses.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Almeirhria » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:52 am

ryguy wrote:I assume you mean any organized religion? I consider new age beliefs as religion as well - or any other "search for truth" as religion. So your comment that following atheism or religion won't provide answers is confusing to me - since they are two ends of the entire spectrum.

-Ry

Yes you could say they are either end of the spectrum, in which case you don't need to be at either end to find answers.
Atheism is still a belief system.

ScaRZ wrote:

I believe there are questions that will never be answered to satisfy until the final curtain has been drawn. Many people want others to think they have all the answers but when it comes right down to it, they're only hiding.

Every question has an available answer. If you feel you cannot find the answers or choose not to, then of course the answer will not be found. We all choose what we learn.
I don't have all the answers - obviously if I did I would not be in this forum.

Shawnna's quote is quite true, cartoon's quote I like - I probably would have opted for something from Imagine though.
Almeirhria

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs