What do you believe?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Ryan wrote: We discussed this before didn't we?

I think we got into the subject on OM a few times, but I never really got too deep with the topic of the Nephillim.

Ryan....I can tell by your thoughts, you and I have many of the same beliefs.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:42 pm

ScaRZ wrote:
cartoonsyndicate wrote:oh by the way- since you're a bible student- resist belief. that's the meaning of the first commandment: "make no graven image.' it means- go with the flow. no truth is set in stone. ya?

The word Believe is used 143 times in 131 verses in the Bible.
If one reads the Bible you can see without Believing first, you really have nothing.
I don't want this to become a debate thread over the Bible, but will show two verses from the Old Bible and two from the New Testament below to point out how important Believing is.

2 Kings 17:14
Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not BELIEVE in the LORD their God.

Isa 43:10
Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and BELIEVE me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and BELIEVE the gospel.

John 1:12
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all [men] through him might BELIEVE.

and upon what basis should we believe that crap? show me provenance that traces back to your god. and then show me your god. and then i'll consider your theory. but in the mean time: cogito ergo sum. th'th'th'th'th' that's all folks.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:48 pm

Apropos of mindless belief I re-post this for your consideration:

http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/inde ... 07&page=22

Has anyone noticed the latest post on Om from Ysennsa?

Hopefully the OM cult will resist following her over this cliff.

She's resurrected the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion,' of all things. It seems that the paranoids that buy into the CFR, Illuminati, New World Order crap inevitably seem to devolve into Jew haters and Hitler worshippers.

Will anyone in the Cult have the balls to call her on this dangerous and hateful path she's following?

What next, Ysennsa? Jews squeezing the blood out of Christian children to make their Passover matzoh?

Jake? Speak up, man.
Admin? Speak up man.
Greatwaller? Speak up, man.
Ivo? Speak up, man.
Jed? Speak up, man.

In this and in all things- silence means consent.

Kim
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ryguy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:02 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:and upon what basis should we believe that crap? show me provenance that traces back to your god. and then show me your god. and then i'll consider your theory. but in the mean time: cogito ergo sum. th'th'th'th'th' that's all folks.

Cartoon - he isn't saying YOU need to believe. He's saying without first believing, we have nothing. And it's true. If I don't first believe a story or claim could be true, I wouldn't have the motivation to explore further. Absolute immediate disbelief hampers true understanding of the world around us - of our reality. It causes a person to be complacent in a dark world where nothing is allowed outside of one's currently accepted schema of what must be real and what must not be real.

If scientists conducted research in that way, there would be no advance. All revelations come from first believing something might be there.

BTW - be careful with religion. It's a subject most people hold very close to their heart, and sarcasm or humor becomes very offensive. The same kind of offensiveness you pointed out concerning ysensa's post (and I agree with you on that btw).

-Ry
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:16 pm

unfortunately, 'ysenssa' is the chamberpot toward which religion leads. need i supply examples? hell- the world is still fighting the crusades!

Is existentialist analysis so passé that the questioning of inane beliefs has become offensive? Maybe I’m just an old beatnik, but for me ‘nothingness (still) lies coiled at the heart of being, like a worm,’ jean-paul Sartre.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:21 am

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 am

Shawnna wrote:My opinions are based on the work and research done years ago in the course of an "Education for Ministry" program I was enrolled in. I'd have to do quite a bit of research now to share references that support my position on this. And time isn't permitting at this point.

I agree about having no time to do proper research to support the position. This is a debate I'd love to have with you - but for now we'll have to agree to disagree, as I don't have time to do it either! LOL

-Ry
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:51 am

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dragonfire » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 am

My opinion, the Bible is a history book of the Isrealites prior to the birth of Jesus, The new part, well, depends, and no cartoon not the diapers, Did Mark write Mark, did Luke write Luke, we'll probably never know. That's up to your own personnal BELIEFS :wink:

I do believe over the course of time, the church has put it's own spin into each story. And I don't believe the true teachings of Jesus as he was teaching are being taught. The Church removed women from all activities, It became a Mens club so to speak.

Don't get me wrong but, doesn't religion fall under the "CULT" status. If your a devil worshiper your in a cult, why not the other way around.

Jim Jones, Koresh, etc.. all in the name of God, So is the Church. Inquisition comes to mind. Believe as the church or get burned at the stake. All in the name of God.

I don't need that type of religion.

I do think, the ancients were in contact with "Others" maybe not of this Earth. There is enough in that "History book" to hint at it.
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby dragonfire » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:05 am

Sorry, but I think religious fanatics are some of the worst. Say no more... :wink:
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:17 am

dragonfire wrote:Sorry, but I think religious fanatics are some of the worst. Say no more... :wink:

i couldn't agree more
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:19 am

cartoonsyndicate wrote:unfortunately, 'ysenssa' is the chamberpot toward which religion leads. need i supply examples? hell- the world is still fighting the crusades!

Is existentialist analysis so passé that the questioning of inane beliefs has become offensive? Maybe I’m just an old beatnik, but for me ‘nothingness (still) lies coiled at the heart of being, like a worm,’ jean-paul Sartre.

Do you have some kind of obsesion with her or what?
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:12 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:
cartoonsyndicate wrote:unfortunately, 'ysenssa' is the chamberpot toward which religion leads. need i supply examples? hell- the world is still fighting the crusades!

i have an obsession with all antisemites
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:50 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
I.P.Freely wrote:

i have an obsession with all antisemites

Thats perfectly understandable I,ve always believed if your going to hate anyone ya may as well hate everyone same goes for love
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:58 pm

"Thats perfectly understandable I,ve always believed if your going to hate anyone ya may as well hate everyone same goes for love"

meaning what?
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs