What do you believe?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:36 am

cartoonsyndicate wrote:"Thats perfectly understandable I,ve always believed if your going to hate anyone ya may as well hate everyone same goes for love"

meaning what?

the last part I am just being silly and I understand not likeing antiSemiters I can,t stand skinheads but I,m not a fan of the jdl either. Beliefs are sort of like drugs , its all good in moderation its when you get addicted you create problems.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:40 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:
cartoonsyndicate wrote:"Thats perfectly understandable I,ve always believed if your going to hate anyone ya may as well hate everyone same goes for love"

meaning what?

the last part I am just being silly and I understand not likeing antiSemiters I can,t stand skinheads but I,m not a fan of the jdl either. Beliefs are sort of like drugs , its all good in moderation its when you get addicted you create problems.

i agree with on both the skinheads and the jdl. both racist organizations. and both are responsible for a large degree of antisemitism.

best,

k
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:16 pm

I've been on my fair share of Christian and Religious forums. Some are a mix of almost every religion I can name along with agnostics and atheist. If you can post about faith based topics you can post about anything.

After only a few days one can see the same questions ask over and over. No matter what faith or non-faith a person has, and how they use it to base their answers on, it comes down to belief.

Most questions that are ask are the same ones we ourselves have been asking for almost all our lives. Everybody is searching for the same answers and most answers given never seem to fulfill or satisfy us and leave that huge hole deep within.

The very same thing can be said on the subject of UFO's and Aliens. I've never seen either one and can only base it on the knowledge within myself,that forms my belief system. Maybe one day I will be able to see,hear and touch the truth to finally know instead of just believe.

You can't make someone believe something, they must come to that conclusion themselves. The same spin can be taken the other direction and you can't make a person not believe. All the fancy words in the world can be spread out on a piece of paper,read and spoken out of the mouth and never be added as belief unless it reaches ones heart.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dragonfire » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Very well stated ScaRZ.
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:52 am

dragonfire wrote:Very well stated ScaRZ.

I could not agree more
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:29 am

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Almeirhria » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:18 am

It was a useful post. Nice wrok Scarz.

ScaRZ wrote:...Most questions that are ask are the same ones we ourselves have been asking for almost all our lives. Everybody is searching for the same answers and most answers given never seem to fulfill or satisfy us and leave that huge hole deep within.

Those answers are available if you search. Don't expect to find them following atheism or any religion however.
Almeirhria

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm

Almeirhria wrote:Those answers are available if you search. Don't expect to find them following atheism or any religion however.

I assume you mean any organized religion? I consider new age beliefs as religion as well - or any other "search for truth" as religion. So your comment that following atheism or religion won't provide answers is confusing to me - since they are two ends of the entire spectrum.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:16 pm

Almeirhria wrote:It was a useful post. Nice wrok Scarz.

ScaRZ wrote:...Most questions that are ask are the same ones we ourselves have been asking for almost all our lives. Everybody is searching for the same answers and most answers given never seem to fulfill or satisfy us and leave that huge hole deep within.

Those answers are available if you search. Don't expect to find them following atheism or any religion however.

I believe there are questions that will never be answered to satisfy until the final curtain has been drawn. Many people want others to think they have all the answers but when it comes right down to it, they're only hiding.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:28 pm

deleted
Last edited by Shawnna on Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:52 pm

All ya need is love. Lennon

Believe nothing except that you exist.
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

Postby ryguy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:31 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:All ya need is love. Lennon

Believe nothing except that you exist.

Oh...he didn't just quote Lennon. Great quote - Here! Here!!!
**Ryguy buys a round of beers for everyone**

Cheers!
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dragonfire » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:29 pm

cartoonsyndicate wrote:All ya need is love. Lennon.

Oh man, you sound like ysensa. Have you been reading her posts behind our backs :?: [-X
dragonfire
Latrine Only

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:15 pm

Shawnna wrote: One can be very religious but not have a spiritual bone in their body.

I like that quote Shawnna!

In my opinion religion has nothing to do with God, it's only man trying to play God.
Religion takes God and places him inside a box, and if you want to open the box and become one with God you must abide by certain rules and traditions.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:18 pm

dragonfire wrote:
cartoonsyndicate wrote:All ya need is love. Lennon.

Oh man, you sound like ysensa. Have you been reading her posts behind our backs :?: [-X

I pledge my life to Princess Evil.
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs