UFO crash in California?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UFO crash in California?

Postby astrophotographer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm

I just got through reading this. I live in NH so it is a bit out of my way. Anybody closer interested in taking a look at what these people are talking about?

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2010/08/reported-tr-3b-triangle-crash-sighting.html
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: UFO crash in California?

Postby Tim Hebert » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm

I live outside of San Diego. Fresno is quite a drive. Might be something in the local newspapers? I'll check with some of the "old heads" and try and get a read on the Fresno ANG unit and base.

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:03 am

I thought about calling the PAO but considering the source, I didn’t see the point…

“Currently Jeffrey Gonzalez says they are processing the video of the event to make it available for everyone to see at their website.”

Sounds to me like a story for the credulous made up to fit the putative video or much ado about a hang glider or ultra light perhaps.

Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby astrophotographer » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 pm

If they did have anything worthwhile, it would have been up right away. Sounds to me like they will put some teaser showing lights in the hills or something and then ask for money to see the entire video on DVD. Of course that video will be long on promise as the "smoking gun" but will probably look more like a bunch of distant images of a hill, bouncy and out of focus lights, and speculation.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Sounds interesting....possibly military?

"Considering the source..." I don't really understand that statement. Do you know, or know of, this source? If not, why make the statement? Closing the door a little early with this ridicule reflex, imo.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Tim Hebert » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 pm

From what I can gather, this story seems to be pushing more of the theory that the Fresno ANG unit has some sort of underground complex similar to Chyenne Mt (NORAD). I believe the ANG unit flies F-16s out of the airport and there is a Marine support group attached to the Marine Air Wing (MAW) whose parent organization is attached to the Marine Air Wing assigned to Miramar MCAS outside of San Diego. Not to mentioned various Army Guard or Reserve units also assigned in and around the airport.

During my time on active duty, there was no documentation nor mentioning of any underground complex located in Fresno associated with NORAD or anyother command for that matter.

I saw the video on the ufochronicles site, as predicted its almost impossible to figure out what's on the screen.

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 am

Mike,

MikeJamieson wrote:"Considering the source..." I don't really understand that statement. Do you know, or know of, this source? If not, why make the statement? Closing the door a little early with this ridicule reflex, imo.

I always do my homework (that others really should be doing for themselves) before I post and express an opinion…

New trail cam pic of bigfoot and UFOs

“Investigator Jeffrey Gonzalez said Tuesday night that multiple cameras were put in place in this remote area on Memorial Day weekend…”

UFO in FRESNO different colors and BRIGHT 7/16/2010 9.30pm

“California Mutual UFO State Section Director Jeffrey Gonzalez forwarded the link to this UFO video that he said was taken July 17, 2010…”

MUFON State Section Director Harassed by Men In Black

Jeffery Gonzalez was working in the area that morning and observed the vans and began to record them…”

Now unless you believe all those claims above are credible too, a little faith in my work (and those like me who try and help separate the wheat from the chaff) would be nice…

Tim Hebert wrote:I saw the video on the ufochronicles site, as predicted its almost impossible to figure out what's on the screen.

I think that's a video from June you saw, the crash was supposedly a few days ago. Pretty confusing I know, this guy is all over the place…

Frank Warren obviously doesn’t care who or what he promotes on "UFO Chronicles"… anything goes as long as it generates hits. He’s like the new Linda Moulton Howe. (of cattle mutilation “fame”)

ETA:
MikeJamieson wrote:Sounds interesting....possibly military?

I suppose it could have been a helicopter with three lights (some of the Belgium “triangle” sightings were explained as helicopters) but I suggested a hang glider or ultra light because the triangular shape matches the alleged description. I guess we’ll have to wait for the video but in the meantime there’s this video of a triangular UFO crashing…

[thanks to Phage at ATS]
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Tim Hebert » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 am

It appears that Anthony Sanchez is pushing the Fresno "triangle" sightings to the underground facility allegedly located under the Fresno airport section the houses the Air National Guard Unit.

Excerpts from Sanchez's article on UFOHighway.com, California’s “Deep Underground Military Base” – 144th FW (ANGB), Aug 17, 2010.

Jeffrey Gonzalez, MUFON State Section Director for California’s Central Valley, has for years received anonymous reports from area military personnel, retired law enforcement and private federal contractors of the existence of a massive underground facility nearby. Specifically the Deep Underground Military Base located directly beneath Fresno Yosemite International Airport, formerly known as Fresno Air Terminal. The reports state that the underground structure covers two city blocks and goes down seven stories.

The facility is run by The 144th Fighter Wing of the Air National Guard Base (ANGB), of Fresno California. Interestingly, the 144th Fighter Wing is under the direct oversight of the North American Aerospace Defense Command “NORAD”, which itself is located 2,000 feet deep inside of Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado.

It appears that Fresno is tied to UFO Central:

It is directly west of Area 51, situated right next to the paranormal hotbeds of Sanger and Clovis, and is also north of both China Lake and Edwards AFB. And finally, it marks the southern tip of Triangle Valley; as in Triangle UFOs. But beyond being the southern tip of Triangle Valley, there is a 104 mile stretch of highway between Bakersfield and Fresno which has recently lit up with UFO sightings creating news for local TV stations.

Could this be what everyone is excited about back in the days when the airport was known as Hammer Field? Excerpt from GlobalSecurity.org, "Fresno Air National Guard Base"

Hammer Field, Fresno County, Fresno, California, also known as Fresno Air Base and previously known as Fresno Air Field and Municipal Airport at Fresno, was located 5 miles northeast of Fresno. The Army Air Force acquired this area for the Airways Detachment to set up a sub-base of Camp Pinedale for an extension of ordnance storage facilities and additional land for housing construction, a hospital, laundry, drainage facilities, cold storage, fire station, school building, rifle ranges, high tower shot gun range, motor pool areas, chemical warfare storage area, a concrete underground igloo magazine arms storage,

A concrete underground igloo for storage is the same as Cheyenne Mountain?

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Nice video clip there AD. I am surprised that has not made it onto the internet as an example of the US military shooting down alien spacecraft!

I agree that Gonzales/Sanchez and their little organization are sensationalists (sort of like a certain author who also writes Roswell stuff that is also sensationalized) and exaggerate just about everything. My favorite has to be the white vans. If you did not watch the video, they recorded some white unmarked vans parked on the side of the road. They were supposedly watching people. This is a real investigation? Why didn't they just drive by and record the license plates with a video camera! Why didn't they go up and ask them what they were doing there? If I were really skeptical/cynical about this whole thing, I would suggest these bozos rented the vans and then staged it all. However, I am more likely to suggest these were some repairmen making a lunch stop or something of that nature.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby jbondo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Tim,

Hope you don't mind but I quoted your post over at Ghosttheory. I kind of wanted to interject some military knowledge and you are the man for that.

Stuff like this looks exciting on the first read but then you start recognizing the names and piecing together the red flags and suddenly it all starts to deflate.

We'd all like it to be the fruition of the Aurora or something but......
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Looking forward to having the time to catch up on the links, etc. At the least it should be fun reading.

Hey! I used to be a state section director also (for MUFON). And, I DID find a secret facility, for Harry Martin of the Napa Sentinel. It was a continuity of government facility on inaccessible (except by helicopter) 12 acres of BLM land (which the BLM directors out of Ukiah confirmed to me, btw, when they finally went there....a classified operation)
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby AussieMike » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 pm

astrophotographer wrote:Nice video clip there AD. I am surprised that has not made it onto the internet as an example of the US military shooting down alien spacecraft!

LOL thats exactly what happened when this clip was posted at OM, nutjobs insisting the waves in the clip prove it was of massive size......... :shock:
AussieMike
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Tim Hebert » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:09 am

jbondo wrote:Tim,

Hope you don't mind but I quoted your post over at Ghosttheory. I kind of wanted to interject some military knowledge and you are the man for that.

Stuff like this looks exciting on the first read but then you start recognizing the names and piecing together the red flags and suddenly it all starts to deflate.

We'd all like it to be the fruition of the Aurora or something but......

I don't mind at all.

First of all, thanks for your kind words concerning my knowledge base. But, if we use intellectual honesty on this site, my military expertise deals mainly with the Minuteman system...back in the early 1980s. My true expertise would only have been from 1980 to 1985, taking into account crew training at Vandenberg AFB and ending with my last alert in Feb, 1985. Since then the system has seen a lot of major changes. In fact my system, MM II, is a historic relic, as obsolete as a WWI bi-plane on display at a museum. I was never a pilot, just flew as cargo on chopper drop offs at the various missile alert facilities. As far as the critical components of the system, ie, the launch codes, the enable codes, the inhibit launch codes, Permutation plugs, and Launch Facility Load Cartridges, that expertise only goes to end of 1988, in other words, I'm an old fart!

Now for the purpose of this thread, I had provided a "possible" rationale for the belief of an underground facility at Fresno's airport. Is there a NORAD-style complex in Fresno? I really don't know, but conventional wisdom would appear to rule that out. Why would a Air National Guard unit have control over this supposedly vast underground complex? I such a facility does/did exist, would not a major military command have the over-site responsibility?

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:33 am

astrophotographer wrote:Nice video clip there AD. I am surprised that has not made it onto the internet as an example of the US military shooting down alien spacecraft!

Yeah, Phage posted it on ATS as a preemptive strike. Another funny thing about that video besides “How come we never get a good video of a ‘real’ UFO like this?” is my father (a physicist, back in the day when AF officers could actually do some R&D in their field before being pressed into management… but I digress) did that (shot a drone out of the sky with a laser) over 35 years ago (Project DELTA) during his assignment at the Weapons Lab on Kirtland AFB… one wonders what took the Navy so long?

[runs and ducks for cover]

MikeJamieson wrote:Hey! I used to be a state section director also (for MUFON). And, I DID find a secret facility, for Harry Martin of the Napa Sentinel.

Good for you! One wonders how much it cost us taxpayers to build a new CoG facility after you blew the lid off of it... :roll:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby jbondo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 pm

Tim,

When you start throwing out the military jargon I am like a carp. Frankly you could say just about anything and as long as you throw in a few official sounding words and phrases I am in! LOL!

Seriously though, I think your background does give you a leg up even with speculation. I know the job you did but I'm sure you also came in contact with all sorts of knowledge and high ranking officer slip talk on the side. If you're like me you are always aware of your periphery.

I've read enough of your stuff to respect your opinion.
jbondo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs