The Belt, Montana UFO Incident Re-Appears

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: The Belt, Montana UFO Incident Re-Appears

Postby astrophotographer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:43 pm

James Carlson wrote:This will be a big help. Of course, as Robert Hastings is so fond of pointing out, I'm not an engineer. At the same time, however, my not being an engineer hasn't had much effect on my understanding of any other issues relevant to this discussion, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

I am not so sure why an Engineering degree is important in understanding a lot of this stuff. A mechanical engineer is not the same thing as an electrical engineer. Both have different specialities. Unless your speciality is applicable in the discussion, then you really can't consider yourself an expert on the subject. If you want to understand all the small details, an engineer/phD in the appropriate field would be very helpful. However, the basic understanding of what is happening does not require some significant training.

I had radar technician training early in my naval career (before moving on to the nuclear propulsion portion of my training) and had to take all my advancement tests as an Electronics technician familiar with Radar and communications equipment. As a result, I had to know something about the subject. I also was involved with a training school where we taught the same electronics courses on radar and electronic communications gear. I don't consider myself an expert on radar but I can definitely understand the concepts and operation of the equipment.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs