Unexplained Missile Launch Off SoCal Coast

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Unexplained Missile Launch Off SoCal Coast

Postby Access Denied » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Access Denied wrote:It was US Airways flight 808
http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-was ... flight-808

Or was it? New evidence points to UPS902
http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-was ... flight-808 (udpated)

See also…

From here…

http://contrailscience.com/a-problem-of ... -contrail/ (updated)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby astrophotographer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 pm

In either case, both jets were in the area. Either would have seen the "missile" if it were indeed a missile.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:01 am

Perhaps the biggest problem with the "theory" (to use the term in the loosest sense) that it is a missile is that it looks like a missile on only the most superficial level. Closer examination reveals the plume does not resemble a missile; for instance, a missile does not leave twin plumes like the plane in the film does.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:20 am

The NORAD and USNORTHERN Command statement on Facebook...

DoD Statement on California Contrail Nov. 8, 2010
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=456547113098

While there is nothing at this time that leads the Department of Defense to believe this is a missile launch, the department and other US government agencies with expertise in aviation and space continue to look into the condensation trail (CONTRAIL) seen and reported off the coast of southern California on Monday evening.

All DoD entities with rocket and missile programs reported no launches, scheduled or inadvertent, during the time period in the area of the reported contrail. NORAD and USNORTHCOM confirmed that it did not monitor any foreign military missile launch off the California coast yesterday and has determined that there was no threat to the US homeland.

In addition, the FAA ran radar replays from Monday afternoon of a large area west of Los Angeles. Those replays did not reveal any fast-moving, unidentified targets. The FAA also did not receive reports of any unusual sightings from pilots who were flying in the area Monday afternoon.

If any new information comes to light in the coming days, we will update the press and public.

DoD statement attributed to Col. Dave Lapan, DoD spokesman.

Translated to English…

http://lewis.armscontrolwonk.com/archiv ... ment-10249

DOD: “While there is nothing at this time that leads the Department of Defense to believe this is a missile launch …”

English: It wasn’t a missile.

DOD: “… the department and other US government agencies with expertise in aviation and space continue to look into the condensation trail (CONTRAIL) seen and reported off the coast of southern California on Monday evening.”

English: But we will take this very, very seriously because we are professionals. After work, however, over a beer, we might use the term “nutjob that doesn’t know a jet contrail from his ass on fire.”

DOD: “All DoD entities with rocket and missile programs reported no launches, scheduled or inadvertent, during the time period in the area of the reported contrail.”

English: Look, we didn’t launch anything.

DOD: “NORAD and USNORTHCOM confirmed that it did not monitor any foreign military missile launch off the California coast yesterday …”

English: Nor did we see anyone else launch anything.

DOD: “and has determined that there was no threat to the US homeland.”

English: Did we mention that we are taking this very, very seriously because we are professionals? At least until we get to the bar?

DOD: “In addition, the FAA ran radar replays from Monday afternoon of a large area west of Los Angeles. Those replays did not reveal any fast-moving, unidentified targets.”

English: Don’t you think it is odd that the FAA radars only show airplanes?

DOD: “The FAA also did not receive reports of any unusual sightings from pilots who were flying in the area Monday afternoon.”

English: Or that no one else, other than the helicopter crew, say anything but airplanes?

DOD: “If any new information comes to light in the coming days, we will update the press and public.”

English: Time for that beer.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:58 pm

LOL...I liked the translation. Just to show how our perspectives differ, here's my translation:

"While there is nothing at this time that leads the Department of Defense to believe this is a missile launch, the department and other US government agencies with expertise in aviation and space continue to look into the condensation trail (CONTRAIL) seen and reported off the coast of southern California on Monday evening."

Translation: While we'd like to call all of the witnesses "nutjobs" and be done with it, the media is taking the witness reports seriously, so we will grudgingly pretend to care about the witness reports.

"All DoD entities with rocket and missile programs reported no launches, scheduled or inadvertent, during the time period in the area of the reported contrail. NORAD and USNORTHCOM confirmed that it did not monitor any foreign military missile launch off the California coast yesterday and has determined that there was no threat to the US homeland."

Translation: *Places hand over microphone and whispers to an assistant* Is this the approved message...you're sure it doesn't have anything classified Top Secret? *Removes hand from mic* Ahem, ladies and gentlemen, I assure you that the object you saw was not a missile. And even if it was a missile (which I'm not saying that it was), said missile (if it existed) would represent no threat (but there's no missile so there's nothing to worry about). Did I mention that there's no threat to the homeland? Because there isn't. Honest. And we would tell you if there was...no, seriously. Just look at our track record. Wait, scratch that.

In addition, the FAA ran radar replays from Monday afternoon of a large area west of Los Angeles. Those replays did not reveal any fast-moving, unidentified targets. The FAA also did not receive reports of any unusual sightings from pilots who were flying in the area Monday afternoon.

Translation: Even though you *think* you saw something, it never existed. The object was a figment of your imagination. The FAA is completely free to share all radar replays of the area in question to the public without any influence by us *he says, smacking a bat against one hand* - I assure you that there's no evidence whatsoever that what you saw even existed. Even pilots, who are more than free to report their UFO sighting *smacks the bat against one hand again*, have not reported anything. See?

If any new information comes to light in the coming days, we will update the press and public.

Translation: You'll only learn about the truth surrounding the event, when the Top Secret documents detailing the real cause of the event have been declassified 25 years from now. Until then - pound sand.

:)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 am

Touché… :)
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby longhaircowboy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Heres an idea. One of the first things I do when investigating a UFO sighting(depending on the characteristics and time of day) is check the flight logs at the local airports to see if any planes may be possibilities. Of course McDill AFB won't respond but I do have a couple of contacts there that can provide some limited info. Anybody in Cali could give it a go its simple enough.
Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Memory...is an internal rumor.
George Santayana
longhaircowboy
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs