UFO Hero of the Week

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: UFO Hero of the Week

Postby Gilles F. » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Excellent ! Same, already seen the parodies of that great film, but ignored this one about UFOs. =D>

Thank you to share, Tim !

Regards,

Gilles F.
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:19 am

The part about MJ-12 killed me. Brilliant stuff.

The sad part is, I can see some of the crazies acting this way when met with skepticism.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 am

As an honorable mention (as there is no specific reference to UFOs) the creator of the Symphony of Science series. If you haven't seen these, they are a series of songs and YouTube videos of famous scientists auto-tuned and set to music. This is the latest...

If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:26 pm

My UFO Hero of the Week is a personal one....

Her name is Corry E. Back in the 1990s, I was not only a believer but would have found a welcome home in many of the less reputable websites (such as the current ATS). I met Corry E. and was introduced to the concepts of critical thought and skepticism, starting me down my own path.

Corry passed away Thursday, November 25. She was 57 years old.
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

I raise a toast to your good friend Corry in honor of her passing...

<clink>
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:43 am

DoomsdayRex wrote:My UFO Hero of the Week is a personal one....

Her name is Corry E. Back in the 1990s, I was not only a believer but would have found a welcome home in many of the less reputable websites (such as the current ATS). I met Corry E. and was introduced to the concepts of critical thought and skepticism, starting me down my own path.

Corry passed away Thursday, November 25. She was 57 years old.

57 is far too young to pass away.

Deepest sympathies to you and her family.

Danny.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:08 pm

I would like to nominate Sysconfig for his leadership and perseverance and his undaunting resilience in his effort to expose the drone hoax. In addition Sid Reader for his insight and measure of dry humor, and of course the entire armchair detective team.

I know only some of you are aware of this. Sysconfig was one of the first to challenge the sacrosanct loonies that tend to congregate in these UFO bulletin boards and through his incessant perseverance and research almost single-handedly exposed the drones for the perpetrated hoax along with Isaac.

He was one of the first to challenge the UFO bulletin board establishment and if there was any doubt that these boards are full of loonies he persevered throughout a horde of ad hominem attacks and denigration.

But ultimately he prevailed to the point where the drone fiasco is pretty much recognized as a hoax even within the UFO community. And for his undaunting perseverance as one of the few voices in the crowd, his straightforward approach, tenacity, and tolerance and good manners throughout the onslaught thrown at him by the tinfoil's he deserves special recognition. He was one of the first to challenge the bb tinfoil establishment and set the standard, the model.

As a side note I can't help but mention how similar tomi is to pwf, it’s as though they were cast from the same mold.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DrDil » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:37 pm

mosfet wrote:I would like to nominate Sysconfig for his leadership and perseverance and his undaunting resilience in his effort to expose the drone hoax. In addition Sid Reader for his insight and measure of dry humor, and of course the entire armchair detective team.

I know only some of you are aware of this. Sysconfig was one of the first to challenge the sacrosanct loonies that tend to congregate in these UFO bulletin boards and through his incessant perseverance and research almost single-handedly exposed the drones for the perpetrated hoax along with Isaac.

He was one of the first to challenge the UFO bulletin board establishment and if there was any doubt that these boards are full of loonies he persevered throughout a horde of ad hominem attacks and denigration.

But ultimately he prevailed to the point where the drone fiasco is pretty much recognized as a hoax even within the UFO community. And for his undaunting perseverance as one of the few voices in the crowd, his straightforward approach, tenacity, and tolerance and good manners throughout the onslaught thrown at him by the tinfoil's he deserves special recognition. He was one of the first to challenge the bb tinfoil establishment and set the standard, the model.

As a side note I can't help but mention how similar tomi is to pwf, it’s as though they were cast from the same mold.

Hi Mosfet,

Viva Le ARC!!

I last spoke to Sys a couple of weeks back (SiddReader even more recently) and whilst there’s no denying Sys put the hours in I’m not so sure about the leadership aspect as he turned on practically everyone he worked with (both centre-stage & behind the scenes). I always considered him a good friend and still do, even amidst the accusations that flew freely back in the day and for which he has since expressed sincere regret and profuse apologies.

But oh my, did we have some fun poking sticks at the believers (mainly Nemo & the DRT!!)

Personally I think Sys lost his way big-time when he attributed the entire hoax to Alienware & Fox, a point we have agreed to differ on and a theory that Sys pursued doggedly to no avail (and still believes is the true origin of the Drones).

No links exist to the following webpage I created and actually I can’t recall if there ever was any:

http://www.dronehoax.com/arc/what_is_arc.htm

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Yes I know Sysconfig was like Mulder "trust no one" but you have got to give him credit he was relentless in his pursuit until he could cross you off his list. At the same time for someone so dedicated and yet surrounded in this fantasy world he prevailed. And as I said he set the model he set the perseverance standard. And you've got to at least admit this much; if it hadn't been for him the whole saga would probably not have advanced at the accelerated rate he forced.

And for this his efforts should be applauded. He advanced this saga with his tenacity and albeit as some might portray "lack of diplomacy" however in such a hostile environment (it was necessary) "dominated with tinfoils" he nonetheless progressed the investigation to the point where most of the rational and logical people in this dubious arena feel comfortable at least with the predominant concept of it being a hoax. Now what theories he still holds on to are (without further evidence) speculation but I think we are all entitled to some speculation, but he got the snowball started and he may have stepped on a few toes along the way, but his efforts to me were inspirational.

Say hi to sys and sid for me.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby DrDil » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:04 pm

mosfet wrote:Say hi to sys and sid for me.

Will do!! :D

I agree he’s more than deserving of the “Hero of the week” label and was simply sharing my opinion regarding the leadership aspect, a comment which I stand by. I don’t want to dredge up ancient history but it’s a sentiment which I believe I am more than justified in holding & expressing and it’s a sentiment expressed by Sys himself in his recent *IQUIT* post at Casebook.

Within the hero of the week context then I believe Jeddyhi is equally as deserving for the stand he took against Nemo and the OM staff by tendering his resignation as moderator as it was a conflict of interests, and by doing so left him free to offer criticism where necessary. =D>

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby mosfet » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:32 pm

And Dr you as well, for not only your contributions as an ARC but for your continued perseverance in a realm which must occupy much of your time just keeping things at a level balance. For that effort, (way beyond my tolerance), applause and nomination as a hero also.
mosfet
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 am

ryguy wrote:
Zep Tepi wrote:As for a bonafide UFO hero of the week, I'd like to nominate James Carlson as the recipient of this award for the last few weeks :)

I second that!!!

Thanks guys -- I swear to God, this is the first time I've noticed this, which I suppose shows how little "surfing" I actually do on the internet. Did you know yesterday is the first time I ever thought to just wander around the RU universe for kicks? I keep finding a lot of stuff I wasn't aware of, which is kind of cool. My compliments to everybody -- you really do have a helluva website that's easy to get lost in! I've been fooling around a bit with something the past few weeks that might eventually find a home under "Cryptozoology & Cryptology", and I didn't even know there was such a place here. Talk about going through life with blinders on, huh? I 've also been collecting newspapers that contain articles about sea serpents for around ten years now, and I have stuff from the 1850s through 1920s that I've always considered neat curiosities (and, no, I don't think the existence of sea serpents has ever been definitively established, but I think there's a lot more evidence to support such a belief than there is for UFO interest in nuclear facilities!). By the by, the something "I've been fooling around a bit with" lately does not concern sea serpents -- that was just an aside. My current "little project" is related to an interest I have regarding criminal behavior throughout history. In any case, I'm enjoying myuslef today just skipping around through RU for pleasure, which I've never really done to much extent before, and I noticed this little "hero of the week" place, and wanted to thank you for the consideration. And thank you for all of the rest of RU as well -- it really is a lot of fun!

James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:05 pm

For the record, I'd like to nominate Tim Hebert. I'm obnoxious and disliked, qualities that Tim doesn't possess (yet), and as a result his Echo Flight interpretation (as well as his takes on the Oscar and Minot events) are being seriously considered by a whole lot of people who dismissed my conclusions entirely as a result of the obvious emotional content p(and contempt) present in the delivery and presentation. In my experience, that is a definite rarity, particularly among the UFO proponents who accepted the two Bobs' assertions without needing any evidence in support of those assertions. The comments pages accompanying his articles of the past month make this very clear, and he deserves a stack full of kudos for the reception alone; I'm impressed.

James
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs