Wikileaks Paradox

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Wikileaks Paradox

Postby jeddyhi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:52 pm

I posed this rhetorical question as food for thought at OM earlier today.

If the Fermi paradox asks, "Where are all the Aliens?"

then

the Wikileaks paradox asks, "Where are all the UFO Whistleblowers?"

One possible answer is that they are hanging out at UFO symposiums, online forums, email streams, and anywhere else where they can target UFO believers and turn a profit lol.

Convincing the general population does not seem to be a concern. I for one find that very troubling as to the validity of the entire UFO exopolitical field.

Perhaps more time is needed before this question can actually be answered.
Last edited by jeddyhi on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: Wikileaks Paradox

Postby DrDil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 am

jeddyhi wrote:I posed this rhetorical question as food for thought at OM earlier today.

If the Fermi paradox asks, "Where are all the Aliens?"

then

the Wikileaks paradox asks, "Where are all the UFO Whistleblowers?"

One possible answer is that they are hanging out at UFO symposiums, online forums, email streams, and anywhere else where they can target UFO believers and turn a profit lol.

Convincing the general population does not seem to be a concern. I for one find that very troubling as to the validity of the entire UFO field.

Perhaps more time is needed before this question can actually be answered.

Hi Jed,

Dave Clarke said something similar about the wikileaks material but it was regarding the -then recent- leaking of over 90,000 documents chronicling the war in Afghanistan back in July of this year (2010). Firstly he mused on how it appeared that it was becoming harder for governments to effectively conceal information from the public before continuing to ask, “Where are the UFO whistleblowers?” Actually that was the name of the Blog post and the following is a paragraph that expresses a similar sentiment to yourself:

But here is the conundrum. Many thousands, if not millions of people across the world, believe the US Government is with-holding evidence that we are not alone in the universe. A central item of this belief is that a flying saucer and its occupants crashed at Roswell, New Mexico, in 1947 and the authorities have concealed that fact for over 60 years.

If there is any truth in these stories hundreds, if not thousands, of people must have been involved in the perpetuation of the cover-up. Foreign governments, such as the Soviet Union during the Cold War, would have learned about the incident and would, therefore, have to be party to the secret. Again, many many people across the world must have been involved in perpetuating the greatest conspiracy in the history of mankind.

So - where are the UFO whistleblowers?

(Source & full article).

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby JayKew » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:07 pm

JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby jeddyhi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:57 pm

“Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant,” he wrote when asked if any of the documents he had received referred to extraterrestrial life.

“However, as yet they have not satisfied two of our publishing rules.
1) that the documents not be self-authored;
2) that they be original."

“It is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link. I have read this information before and in Assange's own quoted words above, there have been no UFO whistleblowers that meet the two publishing rules.

References to Ufo's is not the same thing as a full blown whistleblower blowing the whistle on humanity's greatest alleged coverup. Ufology history is full of declassified documents that mention Ufo's.

edited for clarity
Last edited by jeddyhi on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby DrDil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:08 pm

JayKew wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8180528/Wikileaks-new-diplomatic-cables-contain-UFO-details-says-Julian-Assange.html

The following was posted today:

WikiLeaks cables: You ask, we search

<snip>

Welcome to the latest You ask, We search blogpost.

Since this exercise started we have received suggestions in the thousands and are in the process of looking at hundreds of them.

But before we go on, two housekeeping notes. Despite what Julian Assange said in an online Q&A, there are no references to aliens in the cables. We searched for aliens and UFOs ("visitors" and "non-terrestrial officers" too, thanks, UFO-minded readers) without finding anyway. Assange may have been having fun. Second, there is nothing to suggest the 9/11 attacks were not carried out by 19 terrorists on four hijacked aeroplanes. An estimated 3m people had access to the cables pre-leak, so if there were a conspiracy in them it would need to be one that around 1% of all US citizens were in on.

<snip>

Source: The Guardian (UK).

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:12 am

I wonder how the exopolitics crowd intend to get around this particular dose of reality?

Clearly, the absence of anything in the cables relating to our "alien brothers" would make a total mockery of the exopols claims of cooperation and what not. Somehow, I don't think that will stop them from continuing on their merry way...
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby mikifin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Healthy skepticism must be universal to be objective, let alone credible.

Who is Assange?

Who else is behind Wikileaks?

Who pays for it?

What government or governments are behind it?

What religion or belief system does Assange adhere to?

Ditto his co-workers?

As Shakespeare put it, oftentimes the agents of our destruction lead us on with petty trifles, to betray us in deepest verity. The avalanche of stuff about eg the War on Terror is only significant to western audiences who are the least well informed people on earth about overseas affairs. What real leaks about life or death issues relating to health, science, corporate takeover of food, enterprise corruption or anything beyond left wing middle class concerns has emerged? That's the real yardstick of credibility.

Otherwise, Wikileaks is just a vastly larger and better run version of the MJ-12 hoax.

It stretches credibility that in the military context so much information would have been in so few hands and then involuntarily leaked without it being an intel operation of some kind. That can't be ruled out in any way.
Are alligators coming out of your tap faucet? Give it time, if the belief becomes strong enough you'll soon have hot and cold running crocodilians.
mikifin

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:06 am

mikifin wrote:It stretches credibility that in the military context so much information would have been in so few hands and then involuntarily leaked without it being an intel operation of some kind. That can't be ruled out in any way.

Your argument from ignorance and personal incredulity is duly noted.

What makes you believe the information that has been released would be “in so few hands” anyway? You do realize that generally speaking, most people join the military out of a strong sense of patriotism and personal responsibility don’t you? The recruitment process and basic training (combined with the additional requirement of obtaining a college degree to enter the officer ranks) tends to weed out most of the posers and ill-adjusted folks but if not, and they don’t develop the necessary moral character and ability to work as a team player soon afterward, they tend not to last very long and sometimes things like this can happen… otherwise, most people are smart enough (read can be trusted) not to cut off their nose to spite their face.

[personal problems that may develop in anyone’s life notwithstanding]

Perhaps it’s the message you bought into (or are selling?) that’s corrupt and not the messenger in this case that you seem all too willing to assign blame to whenever it doesn’t conform to your version of reality?

Let me guess, you believe you’re special because you figured it all out and everybody else is either in on it or blind mindless sheep right?

[yawn]

At any rate, this is the UFO forum and the “message” under consideration is whether or not “they” (so far every single person in every single government in the world) are covering up the “reality” of ET visitation. If you want to talk about “Who is Assange?” feel free to start a thread in the Political forum…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby mikifin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:39 am

Sorry to have crossed some doctrinaire boundary, I should have realised there would be one here.

Best if I just not post in some threads.
Are alligators coming out of your tap faucet? Give it time, if the belief becomes strong enough you'll soon have hot and cold running crocodilians.
mikifin

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 am

Did you read our board rules like I suggested or not? I you had the first thing you’ll notice is no subject is off limits however note Rule (“doctrinaire boundary”) 6.

If your post had anything to do with Wikileaks and UFOs I apologize, I must have missed it… care to try again?
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to UFOs