UFO/UAP News

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

UFO/UAP News

Postby Buckwild » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

Hi everyone,

I open this thread for you to add any valuable/worth reading & discussing news or studies regarding the UFO/UAP phenomena. I'll start the show with :

A Comparative Analytical and Observational Study of North American Databases on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena By Massimo Teodorani PH.D.

Link : http://www.narcap.org/reports/CompAnal/ ... EVISED.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of June 18, 2010 seventeen members of the European Union Parliament, led by Italian EU MP Mario Borghezi, have reportedly signed and tabled a “Written declaration on the declassification of documentation on UFOs” calling on member states to disclose documents relating to UFOs, and end UFO secrecy.

Link : http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in- ... et-secrecy

I recently received two emails from M.Teodorani that were sent to his mailing list. Since they are not part of a private conversation, here they are :

Dear Sirs and Colleagues,

This is just to inform You all that an Italian politician (Hon. Mario Borghezio, Lega Nord) has presented on June 14, 2010 a written declaration for an “interrogation” at the European Parliament concerning the subject of “UFO phenomena”. I have chosen to be currently one of the main scientific advisors of this politician, not due to political reasons (my choice to vote for Lega Nord is only a coincidence, and I would have willingly supported such an initiative by any other Euro parliamentarian whatever his/her political ideas are) but because I need that much more attention and money funding is destined to truly scientific research on “UFO phenomena” in general. I have recalled a term here that I have never liked; I prefer to call them “Unidentified Aerial Phenomena” (UAP), but the substance is the same.

I am not so much personally interested in “disclosure actions”, in new witnesses descriptions or in the release of new “classified documents” (unless they are scientific documents that are technically relevant, in case), but I have full respect for those who are mostly interested in this (mostly historical) aspect of the subject under study, which will be strongly considered too in this planned interrogation.

My main interest consists in the possibility of the creation of an European Scientific Institution able to devote concrete and constant scientific efforts in studying the phenomenon in all its aspects (including “earthlights” of geophysical origin, on which I am doing physical research since 16 years). This necessarily involves, in particular, competences such as the ones of physics, astronomy, astrophysics, geophysics and engineering (but also psycho-sociology in many other aspects): this means - at least according to my way to see the thing in pragmatic terms – the deployment and use of sophisticated monitoring and measurement instrumentation to be placed at locations where an anomalous aerial phenomenon in general is most recurrent in Europe and/or where some occasional and transient “flaps” are suddenly occurring, in case. This kind of actions are the only ones able to produce *numbers* and not words. As a necessary output we need numbers, charts, mathematical calculations (theoretical, experimental and statistical), and logical discussions, which come out from the data acquired by the new sensors that we absolutely need in order to improve this research and to remove it once and for all from the many boasters (and merchants) who go on speculating on this subject taking advantage of the popular credulity. It is true that people “need to know the truth”, but it is much truer that people “need to understand how this stuff works” (if this stuff effectively exists). This is exactly what interests me. This approach would be extremely useful even if scientific investigations had to demonstrate that the phenomenon under study is only a quite well architected hoax and deceptive action. Therefore I honestly think that it is time to stop once and for all to make a fun of people through the propagation of zany stories (which, by the way, discredit the efforts of serious researchers too). Even if the phenomenon under study is not an easy thing to manage, using scientific methods we can reach an important goal: to distinguish accurately true flowers from weed and to concentrate subsequently our attention on flowers only (whatever the flowers may be).

So far I suspect that most UFO phenomena are partly pure hoaxes and partly a natural “electromagnetic phenomenon” of which so far we know only a little. But (also as an European promoter of the SETV Initiative) I do not exclude a priori other possible origins, even the most exotic ones. Only science and its continuity of approach (plus its determination to reach the goal) can decide what we are facing since many decades. And only an appropriate money funding together with well-chosen and aimed scientific interdisciplinary competences – concretized in a possible “European Observatory devoted to the Scientific Study of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena” – can allow us to make important steps forward in this quite controversial subject.

Even if in general I do not like politics (and I do not even have much time for it) we all know that all this might depend also (and maybe: mostly) on political decisions. Therefore a possible gentle but resolved “pressure” on the politicians of European countries might result to be a pragmatic decision.

Here you can find a list of all Euro parliamentarians : http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members/p ... anguage=EN

It is important that as many as possible parliamentarians (of whatever political color) sign the parliamentarian question that is now going on. Therefore (especially for the European recipients of this message) it is important to send ASAP to them an email in order to invite them to think in-depth about the issue in question and the necessity to launch as soon as possible a serious scientific study on it.

A final observation. The more this problem will be disregarded by whom should consider it using the necessary attention and the more “ufological tales”, hoaxes, fakes, new age sects and other manifestations of “irrational thinking” and deception will go on prevailing. A scientific investigation is therefore absolutely necessary in order to shed light on this important problem. The goal of this new initiative (a first attempt of the same kind was done by theoretical physicist Prof. Tullio Regge 17 years ago, when he was a Euro parliamentarian at that time) is mainly twofold: 1) to disclose “UFO archives” that are still secret; 2) to establish a Scientific European Centre entirely devoted to the study in-depth of such phenomena. I am mostly interested in the second.

Whatever the phenomenon is, we might learn a lot from the physics of the involved problem, with a consequent advancement of our scientific understanding and knowledge and a consequent end of childish, medieval, obsolete and deceiving tales. I believe that rigour and open mind married together make a Science in its purest term.

Thanks for the gentle attention of You all

Massimo Teodorani

Dear All,

I refer to my previous message that I sent to you a few hours ago.

A very important issue concerning this kind of phenomena is not only our need to know its physics and/or to *unmask via science* who decided in case to deceive and cheat humanity 60 years and more ago. The issue of interest here is something very practical that regards everyone in the world: Aviation Safety. There are several elements to suggest that this phenomenon might constitute a possible danger to aviation: this issue must be examined very carefully. In USA, an important initiative in this very sense is productively going on since a decade. That is NARCAP: http://www.narcap.org/

I think that Europe (apparently lacking in this specific sector so far) should take NARCAP as a positive and productive example, as it seems it is already happening in some countries of South America. A scientific knowledge of this only apparently elusive phenomenon is automatically related to the immediate use of this potential knowledge to basic applications such as the safety in flight. I think that scientific institutions and/or new ones to be in case created aimed at the specific goal of studying anomalous aerial phenomena, far from going on being “parish houses of the old continent”, are expected to be – certainly not taken out of the technological applications of our life of everyday - strictly collaborative with all the society structures and facilities. It is not only a question of scientific knowledge but also of public safety, social well and efficiency. This is a basic, highly practical and contingent issue.

I will finally add that a possible new scientific understanding on this phenomenon can potentially help to establish (and, in case, change and/or expand) in a more organized and focused way all the “rules of engagement” for our Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen, Mirage 2000, Tornado ADV, F-18, F-16 and Mig-29 current interceptors in Europe. Therefore I expect that a transparent and strict collaboration between scientists and the military will become inevitably a strict necessity. Moreover, these sophisticated aircrafts are potentially very helpful in acquiring data of importance, through avionics facilities such as recognition pods, radar and HUD’s recording devices, for instance. Mutual collaboration between the civil and military world is possible within an “integrated system”, out of old prejudices. We give something to them and they give something to us, only for the common well.

The same for space surveillance systems and the ISS station.

Maybe this is an exercise in which Europe might demonstrate to itself to be a truly integrated system, though in the full and rigorous respect of national identities and ethnic specificities therein.

Regards

Any commentaries, questions, welcomed ! :)

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: UFO/UAP News

Postby Buckwild » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:38 am

Hi folks,

Here is Douglas Trumbull's ufo initiative :
http://douglastrumbull.com/videos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerson Silva Paiva and Carlton Anthony Taft from the CBPF* recently put out a scientific paper on the Hessdalen lights (HL) :

* http://portal.cbpf.br/

Abstract: "Hessdalen lights (HL) are unexplained light balls usually seen in the valley of Hessdalen, Norway. In this work, it is suggested that HL are formed by a cluster of macroscopic Coulomb crystals in a plasma produced by the ionization of air and dust by alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere. Several physical properties (oscillation, geometric structure, and light spectrum) observed in HL phenomenon can be explained through the dust plasma model."

Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics
Volume 72, Issue 16, October 2010, Pages 1200-1203

Link : http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2010JASTP..72.1200P

Can't wait to read peer-reviewed articles ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last April, James Carrion retired from ufology sort of speak :
http://followthemagicthread.blogspot.co ... truth.html

He recently opened this website :

http://sharepoint.centerforufotruth.org ... fault.aspx

Mission :

Research the history of the UFO subject from 1945 till today through Government authenticated documents.

Goals

To research the UFO Subject through authenticated official United States government documents
To research the UFO Subject through authenticated official documents of other world governments
To test the theory that UFOs originated as an intelligence operation by the United States and its allies during the Cold War and that intelligence agencies continue to promote the UFO myth for national security reasons.

Interesting to say the least...

Well, that's it for now.

++
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

IFO news

Postby Buckwild » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 am

Hi everyone,

Check out this amazing picture taken by french astronomer Thierry Legault during the (partial) solar eclipse of January 4th, 2011 : http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/eclipse1101 ... ansit.html

=D>

IFOs of this kind deserve to be in this section. :wink:

++
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 am

wow, that's a fantastic picture buck, nice find.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby chrLz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:11 am

He has some other similar shots - that Thierry guy is just so lucky... :P

Actually, it's worth spending a bit of time at his gallery of holiday snaps:
http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/home.html#Best%20of

The guy's a bit of a whiz with his astrophotography, to put it mildly...
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:15 am

chrLz wrote:He has some other similar shots - that Thierry guy is just so lucky... :P

Actually, it's worth spending a bit of time at his gallery of holiday snaps:
http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/home.html#Best%20of

The guy's a bit of a whiz with his astrophotography, to put it mildly...

that websites is now bookmarked!. awesome pictures.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: UFO/UAP old-school wacked News

Postby Buckwild » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi folks,

Dudes, this is hilarious, check this out, some guy snapped this shot from a moving car :

The document even caught the attention of the Dutch Air Force, who printed it on the cover of its official publication De Vliegende Hollander*. In a two-page article the Air Force referred to the unknown object as "a strange phenomenon that seemed to have just taken off".

* Translation : The flying Dutchman (you got that right bro' :mrgreen: )

Lucky us, the Netherlands do not have Nuclear Strategic Weps. But I can understand why they said that just by looking at their Secretary* of Defense :

Seems like she just took off as well ! :mrgreen:

* characters in this message are fictitious but such characters may exist !

Full story here : http://www.caelestia.be/pdlc.html

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:11 am

The shadow pretty much revealed the source of the image. I am surprised that people did not recognize it for what it was but UFO photographs are always "compelling" for some people.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby chrLz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 am

Buckwild wrote:Hi folks,

Dudes, this is hilarious, check this out, some guy snapped this shot from a moving car :

That's just pitiful.. And Snap! I couldn't help but think of this similar shot:
http://www.ufosnw.com/sighting_reports/2007/sanluisobispoca11282007/sanluisobispoca11282007.htm

I sent a polite and very comprehensive email to William Puckett, the site owner and chief 'researcher', even giving him the Google Earth coordinates putting the LIE to the claim there are no streetlights along that road, and an image showing the distinctive shape of the light poles that strangely, perfectly, matches the 'funnel cloud'...

But Mr Puckett, despite acknowledging my email, has left the page untouched including all the laughable pseudo-research that when looked at even for a few minutes, self-destroys the claim (- that's if it wasn't perfectly flippin' obvious that it was a blurred light pole within even bothering to look further...)

It's no wonder ufology and ufologists are laughed at - many of them deserve it. It's shameful - these gullible idiots really need to take a good look at themselves...

(Ask me what I *really* think...) :evil:
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby ryguy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm

chrLz wrote:I sent a polite and very comprehensive email to William Puckett, the site owner and chief 'researcher', even giving him the Google Earth coordinates putting the LIE to the claim there are no streetlights along that road, and an image showing the distinctive shape of the light poles that strangely, perfectly, matches the 'funnel cloud'...

haha! That's good, quick debunking work right there... Should have followed up with an article laying his reputation to waste. :-)
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Jocko Flocko » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:52 am

That website has some absolutely fantastic shots. I especially like the one of Saturn just off the bottom horizon of the moon. (I would put money on the fact that your average ATS troglodyte would point this out as a UFO after being shown the image)

It's mind boggling how easily persuaded some people are when it comes to so called UFO's, they really don't need much to impress or fool them, that's for sure. As soon as I saw the image of that road sign for the first time taken while passing at speed, I knew it was just that, a road sign and nothing more. Why some people must instantly grasp at the most obscure of explanations when dealing with blurry or out of focus images is beyond me. :|

Btw, the quite gorgeous brunette doing the bong hit on the bed can blow me a super toke any day. ;) There's something about scantily clad girls getting high that makes me all tingly deep down inside.
Jocko Flocko

Need help !

Postby Buckwild » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 am

Hi folks,

A few years ago while watching some Dr S.Greer video, I found these images :

I did write to him but never got an answer.

Do you know where these shots come from ? TY.

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Gilles F. » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 pm

Hola Buck,

It remembers me the "famous" and well known Mexico Footage during an "army exhibition". But I'm not sure it is from that one (?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P07pYXPs ... re=related
Gilles F.
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Buckwild » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Hola senor,

Well, it could be, because I identified the helicopters in both cases to be Bell UH-1 Huey or similar.

It could have been filmed from a different spot at a different time because you can notice that all the helicopters are in the shadow, while the "thing" (only one in this case) seems either to reflect sunlight or to produce it's on light.

I'll do some research regarding this video. TY Gilles. :wink:

Hasta luego,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Buckwild » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi folks,

VIDEO RECORDING OF A (PROBABLE) BALL LIGHTNING

June 20, 2010: in the locality Pruno, province of Lucca, municipality of Stazzema, it was taken by chance a stunning video of a probable floating ball lightning, a rare atmospheric phenomenon and not yet fully understood by science

Source : http://fulmineglobulare.xoom.it/index.php?lang=en

Any comments, questions, solutions/answers, welcomed ! :D

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs