UFO/UAP News

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Alien spotted...

Postby Buckwild » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:30 am

Hi folks,

As certified extraterrestial experts, we first thought it was some kind of small grey with puppy ears and a conjunctivitis but my buddies @ NASA EXOGENOUS ENTITIES DPT (NASAEED) told us that we were wrong. :?

A Beech Marten (Martes foina) they said, nah, I don't believe them, what a bunch of disinfo' agents. Aliens are smart enough to mimic our animals and use their technology as a camouflage to fool us. I am telling you, they are lying ! :evil:

++
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: UFO/UAP News

Postby chrLz » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Buckwild wrote:Hi folks,

VIDEO RECORDING OF A (PROBABLE) BALL LIGHTNING

June 20, 2010: in the locality Pruno, province of Lucca, municipality of Stazzema, it was taken by chance a stunning video of a probable floating ball lightning, a rare atmospheric phenomenon and not yet fully understood by science

Source : http://fulmineglobulare.xoom.it/index.php?lang=en

Any comments, questions, solutions/answers, welcomed ! :D

Umm... my question is - where is the video? Two blurry images of a waterfall with not much info, and one of them links to a 192.168.. address? That's a local network address... Where's the 'stunning video'? Is that small blurry thing it? Just looks like a fire-fly to me, but without the actual footage.. bleuh.

I am not an expert on electrical phenomena, but I would have thought that what appears to be a very humid environment would not be conducive to anything of that nature.

ADDED
Oops - found the video, here:
http://fulmineglobulare.xoom.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=56&lang=en

But having seen it.. if that isn't a firefly or even just a light/reflective bug, well.. I'm an ET.
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby nablator » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Ball lightning... [-X

This cat doesn't get the joke.

This one does.
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Italian BL

Postby Buckwild » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:54 am

Hi folks,

Regarding that "BL" video, I wouldn't scream fake so fast without further evidence. I just found out that out of 2000 species of butterflies, some species that remain in shadowy areas can produce light during the day. The hard part now, is to verify if this information (wikipedia) is reliable and where these species are located/found. Knowing that this video was filmed in June in a mountain range @ altitude 470 meters (1547 ft) ASL :arrow: weather data & avg temps & highs & lows.

I am also gonna try to obtain the original video and try to have this paper reviewed :
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.2829

Since laser beams should become visible via scattering from water droplets along the beam path, with the original video, it might be possible to make it visible. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

The laser (perhaps muffled thru tracing paper or similar) is a good thought too...

Where I live, we have fireflies a plenty, and they are easily visible as afternoon/dusk approaches. Without verifiable details of the exposure settings for that video, I'd be surprised if you can eliminate the firefly hypothesis if they exist in that region.. or it could just be an insect with a somewhat reflective colour on its body or wings...

I'm afraid these sort of vid's leave me about as cold as the light from a firefly.. geddit? I just don't find it interesting enough to spend time on. That might be different if the videographer supplied lots more footage from the same area, taken at the same time of day.. If he/she isn't prepared to do that, I'm not prepared to waste time investigating. It's my version of 'burden of proof'.. :D

Added:
BTW, I would also add.. if this was my video, the first thing i would have done is to go visit the nearest park ranger, or museum, or even university and talk to the people who would know the insect life in that area. I just see way too many videos like this where the person doesn't bother with any effort at all, and just throws it out there, anticipating others (like Buckwild) will do the work for them.. Good on you, Buck, if you are willing to, but I suspect your talents might be better applied elsewhere.

<<Thinks to self>> I wonder how we can somehow collect videos from people who *are* prepared to put in a bit more effort..? At other forums, it has been an absolute (but very rare) pleasure when the videographer comes forward to discuss their footage, provide the original, shoot additional footage, give camera details and settings, etc. Sadly they often get shot down in flames (sometimes with very good reason!), but I suspect that process will put off others who might consider doing so. A vicious circle, it is...
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Re: IFO news

Postby Luck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 am

Buckwild wrote:Check out this amazing picture taken by french astronomer Thierry Legault during the (partial) solar eclipse of January 4th, 2011 : http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/eclipse1101 ... ansit.html

Buck, thanks for posting. This guy's work is breath-taking!

Back to the ball lightning, a couple of labs think they might have created ball lightning and might lead to a better understanding of the conditions needed in order for ball lightning to occur in nature. I can't say whether the pictures of the waterfall represent ball lightening, but I thought it was interesting that one group created ball lightening over a jar of water.
In the original video of the waterfall, It does look like it could be a bug. :)

Here are the articles if anyone is interested:
http://www.physorg.com/news68812957.html
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/24175

edit: Also found some links to video produced by a lab in Brazil of what is presumed to be ball lightning.
ftp://ftp.aip.org/epaps/phys_rev_lett/E-PRLTAO-98-047705/
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Buckwild » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:50 am

Hi folks,

To ChrLz,

I agree with what you said to a certain extent. In other words, I think that I can learn many things with this video and it's analysis and that's what counts for me. Remember I was telling you about my idea to make a "perfect" (as undebunkable) ufo video, well, it has to do with lasers and some other things that I keep for myslef. :wink:

Gotta be ahead of hoaxers if you want to beat them.

To Luck,

Very intersting articles. THX. I just wish these guys conducted a spectral analysis :arrow: (I want the signature). I am really interested by BL, a fascinating subject if you ask me. I'll post again a testimony + video that I found a few years ago : http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread363918/pg1

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:55 am

Buckwild wrote:...I think that I can learn many things with this video and it's analysis and that's what counts for me.

That's a fine reason, so do carry on... :) But please think about two things for me..

1. Don't encourage laziness. The more work we do for those who are not willing to do it themselves, the more that behavior is encouraged, AND the more hoaxers and trolls will abuse the 'system', and provide lots more videos without all the supporting information.

2. Don't turn into a Maccabee*... :D What I mean by that, is make sure your analysis is focused, sensible, repeatable, testable and explainable. On too many forums I see folks who use the most inappropriate and flawed analyses, and blithely present them as 'proof'. And of course those 'proofs' get taken up by other posters and rapidly spread around the net. It gets hard to undo the damage.

(* Some may have noticed that I pick on Maccabee a bit. Later I might start a thread of examples showing exactly *why* I do that... )

Remember I was telling you about my idea to make a "perfect" (as undebunkable) ufo video, well, it has to do with lasers and some other things that I keep for myslef. :wink:

I'm looking forward to it. Not that I'd encourage naughty behavior, but I presume you will post it somewhere under a pseudonym, and see what happens for a while before posting the truth? I confess to quite enjoying those sort of 'tests'..

Gotta be ahead of hoaxers if you want to beat them.

I prefer to just slowly and painfully tear their stories to shreds and then watch them implode with anger and finally self-destruct, but ... each to his own.. :D

Don't have time now, but I'll look at those threads later. BL is interesting.
chrLz

Postby Luck » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 am

Buckwild wrote:Very intersting articles. THX. I just wish these guys conducted a spectral analysis :arrow: (I want the signature). I am really interested by BL, a fascinating subject if you ask me. I'll post again a testimony + video that I found a few years ago : http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread363918/pg1

Thanks Buck! Out of exhaustion and time, I only read the report itself and it was very interesting. My mom saw ball lightning as in kid in rural Iowa. If I remember correctly it had moved into the farmhouse that they were living in at the time.

chrLz wrote:I prefer to just slowly and painfully tear their stories to shreds and then watch them implode with anger and finally self-destruct, but ... each to his own.. :D

That could be amusing, kind of like following Charlie Sheen's implosion. You don't mind if I watch? :D
I think the surest sign that there is intelligent life out there in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." (Calvin and Hobbes/Bill Waterson)
Luck
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

IFOs news

Postby Buckwild » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi folks,

You've probably heard about the Soyuz U/Progress M-03M (35) launch in 2009 and how some people thought that ufos were flying along the Soyuz launcher. Well, it has been debunked here and there (also on ATS by James Oberg himself and other people) but I wanted to take a closer look at it and do some research.

Progress M-03M / ISS 35P
Spacecraft: Progress M (7K-TGM) No.
Chronologies: 2009 payload #104 ; 2009-056A ; 6,829th spacecraft.
Type: Cargo delivery to the International Space Station
Families:
Ranks:
Sponsor: Roscosmos Russian Space Agency
Launch: 15 October 2009 at 1h14 UTC, from Baykonur Cosmodrome's LC-1/5, by a Soyuz-U.
Orbit: Initial: 189.6 km x 238.7 km x 51.68°x 88.53 min
At docking: 339.6 km x 51.64° x 91.43 min.
Deorbit On 27 April 2010.
Mission: Progress M-03M is a resupply vessel for the International Space Station that was carrying approximately 2.4 tons of supplies for the ISS. These supplies include spare parts, life support gear and equipment as well as propellant and water. The cargo ship docked to the Earth-facing port on the Pirs module on 18 October 2009 at 1h40 UT.
Progress M-03M undocked from the Pirs module on 22 April 2010 at 16h29 UT. It then carried out the 'Radar-Progress' experiment using the propulsion system to locally perturb the ionosphere. On 27 April 2010, Finally, having completed all maneuver burns in support of the “Radar” experiment, the vehicle performed a nominal deorbit burn on 27 April at 18h07 UT and re-entered the atmosphere for destruction over the Pacific Ocean.

Source: Jonathan Space Report No. 617, 627 ; Spacewarn No. 672 ; National Space Science Data Center's 2009-0 ; RSC Energia's 15 Oct 09 & 18 Oct 09 ; On-orbit 27 Apr 10

Progress M-03M (35) Lift Off from Baikonur to the ISS (HD) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ojFrnu ... e=youtu.be

More info on the Soyuz launch vehicle :
http://www.starsem.com/soyuz/soyuz.htm

And a video where you can see the boosters (4 of them) strapped to the second stage core :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDPG0ukI ... dded#at=19

Soyuz launch profile :

This video is interesting & beautifull because the trail becomes visible as the rocket gains altitude and the sunlight starts hitting it.

@ 2:14, you can notice that the strapon booster engines stop (end of first stage) , which is supposed to happen @ t+ 118, this means that the actual launch starts @ 0:16 in the video :

A few seconds later, the boosters fall away, providing nonimpact separation and you can see a Korolyov cross* formed by the falling boosters :

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korolyov_cross

Then, two boosters become visible :

The third one that was probably in front of the plume becomes visible :

And then, the last one, that was probably behind the plume becomes visible as well :

Perspective and the rocket's flight path fooled us because the launcher was still gaining speed and the boosters seemed to keep up with it for more than 15 seconds. This is probably why some people might have thought that it was something else.

Some nice pics here : http://www.energia.ru/eng/iss/iss21/pro ... 10-15.html

I hope that you enjoyed this beautifull launch and I'll soon present a very interesting testimony of a fisherman/friend of mine (in southeastern Georgia when it happenned) that I am still questionning, who observed a very weird/rare/unique(?) atmospherical phenomena during a space shuttle launch... :wink:

Cheers,
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs