Rainey, Hopkins, and Jacobs

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Rainey, Hopkins, and Jacobs

Postby jjflash » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:25 pm

astrophotographer wrote:UFO updates put a gag order on anything related to Rainey or Emma Woods. It appears, you aren't allowed to discuss their arguments or research any more and they are banned from posting. So much for wanting to "Study UFO-related phenomena". To me it appears as if those in charge are under the influence of the abductee cult.

Stiver (over on UFOmania) pointed out that Updates revoked Rainey's participation on the e-list on April 22nd. I replied that perhaps UFO Updates List is from the Leslie Kean school of fearless truth seeking... Disgusting, ain't it?
jjflash

Postby jjflash » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:40 am

Paul Kimball blogged about Rainey's ban from UFO Updates List, and Rainey and Tyler Kokjohn, among others, commented:

http://redstarfilms.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... dates.html
jjflash

Postby astrophotographer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:56 am

jjflash wrote:Paul Kimball blogged about Rainey's ban from UFO Updates List, and Rainey and Tyler Kokjohn, among others, commented:

http://redstarfilms.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... dates.html

Well said by all. EBK did not do himself any favors here and, IMO, he was heavily influenced by John Velez (an abductee and Hopkins supporter), who had a hand in the running of UFO updates for a time.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am

I wrote a column about the mess in alien abduction research for Binnall of America; Ms. Rainey was kind enough to email me a response. She had a few disagreements with some things I said in the column, but we had a rational, reasoned discussion about them. This is a far cry from how Hopkins/Jacobs supporters have approached critics and disagreements, resorting to vitriolic attacks and attempts to silence.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs