Video evidence (CNN live) of shapeshifting alien vampire....

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Video evidence (CNN live) of shapeshifting alien vampire....

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:09 pm

I thought I'd try this out just to see how the RU community deals with it :wink:

I'd like us to completely break down this video and rip apart any credibility of the claim it is video evidence of a shapeshifting alien vampire....or indeed prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

If we get any success with this then perhaps a weekly thread of a similar nature could be posted in the chit chat section of the forum.

I'd like to request that this thread remain in the UFO section for a long enough period to get exposure to those who have knowledge in this topic. Afterwards it may be moved to wherever is deemed more appropriate. A large thank you in advance for any and all assistance with this thread and I hope that the odd claim of the nature presented here will generate a reason for us to post and share our skills together whilst awaiting something more substantial.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: Video evidence (CNN live) of shapeshifting alien vampire

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 pm

It looks like a transmission artifact to me. The erratic filming style, i.e. the quick zoom and the unsteady picture suggests the camera used was either a mobile phone or something similar.

Possibility of him being a shapeshifting alien vampire: 0%

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi m0r

well the obvious thing to do first is try and find an original version to see if this has been manipulated or to see if its some sort of illusion caused by lighting + video compression, unfortunately i dont have time to look into it right now but ill have a look later if somebody hasn't beaten me to it.

thanks

rich

edit) just noticed at the end its been filmed from a tv screen using a cellphone cam, that pretty much destroys its cred right there.
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 pm

After looking at it a couple more times, it's clearly a glitch in transmission. The whole picture briefly moves and the sound is slightly garbled, just at the point he says "Liberation".

Definitely nothing weird.
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 pm

@ m0r.

i actually discussed a video thread with chrlz the other day, maybe it would be good to have a set video debunk area, there's always good discussion to be had and things to learn even though we dont believe them, and it always provides something to do while awaiting a good story.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks guys for the input so far.

I think we all know that this isn't a shape shifting vampire reptilian alien without even looking at the video - but our breakdown is going in the direction I hoped.

Rich I would love a video section where debunking lessons were offered as part of the investigation. We can use any old tosh out there really, but knowing what to look for, how to find it and even how to generate it ourselves by way of demonstration would be an awesome skill set to work on and make us all better investigators too.

I'm always envious of those who can see really small clues on an image or video which make up a hoax.

Perhaps even after a while we could run a premeditated hoax utilising the very best of our skills to see how it is picked up by the greater community.

Even just planning that hasme excited :D

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Even without any technical knowledge, it is easy to debunk this using simple logic. Why would a shape-shifting alien vampire, who takes human form to better hide among people, be in a profession that constantly draws attention to him? Funny how many of these shape-shifting alien vampires are in the TV journalism business.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:34 pm

m0r1arty wrote:Perhaps even after a while we could run a premeditated hoax utilising the very best of our skills to see how it is picked up by the greater community.

That seems rather dangerous.

Often this community has a way of latching onto a case and not letting go, despite the evidence. If the hoax is convincing enough, there are those who will refuse to believe it is a hoax. The typical special-pleading arguments will be made; we are disinformation agents, someone got to us, etc.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:37 pm

Spot on DDR!

If you were trying to hide yourself as an evil overlord from another planet with a penchant for blood surely being on global television whilst under enough stress to have your chameleon-like abilities buckle would be something you'd try not to do too often.

Unless of course these aliens are simply mocking us with their bold egotistical ways :lol:

In reply to your running a hoax advise. If all documentation was kept ahead of time and secured somewhere under a password and was collected by those we wish to hoax prior to the actual hoaxing then the evidence would be clear and untampered with after the fact. Like the Wikileaks insurance file. It's take a lot of planning but would be a good laugh if nothing else :wink:

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:41 pm

m0r1arty wrote:In reply to your running a hoax advise. If all documentation was kept ahead of time and secured somewhere under a password and was collected by those we wish to hoax prior to the actual hoaxing then the evidence would be clear and untampered with after the fact.

But in turn they will claim the evidence is faked or that the powers-that-be had pre-prepared such evidence to debunk any sighting (I've seriously seen someone on ATS make that argument, in reference to to the ISS being able to be seen over California).
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Though, I will admit to once having considered faking a UFO (balloons and flares) then getting real people-on-the-street reactions, for an amateur film I was working on.
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 pm

DoomsdayRex wrote:But in turn they will claim the evidence is faked or that the powers-that-be had pre-prepared such evidence to debunk any sighting (I've seriously seen someone on ATS make that argument, in reference to to the ISS being able to be seen over California).

Yes but generations to come will look back and laugh at those people and gives kudos to us for trying (supposing 2012 isn't the end of the world or HAARP and CERN don't destroy us and those pesky aliens can keep away until then).

An example of a very nice hoax, which you rightly state DDR didn't get accepted as the hoax it was, is available to view in a deconstruction here:

Considering is half the key DDR, now we have to make it (For scholarly giggles and shiz!).

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:21 pm

DoomsdayRex wrote:Funny how many of these shape-shifting alien vampires are in the TV journalism business.

Beat me to it...

Possibility of shapeshifting alien vampires taking over the world: 0%

m0r1arty wrote:Perhaps even after a while we could run a premeditated hoax utilising the very best of our skills to see how it is picked up by the greater community.

Count me out...

Now targeting a hoaxer with the aim of exposing them is a different fish.

Tom
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby DrDil » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:10 pm

m0r1arty wrote:
<snip>

Perhaps even after a while we could run a premeditated hoax utilising the very best of our skills to see how it is picked up by the greater community.

Even just planning that hasme excited :D

-m0r

Hi M0r,

Just my humble opinion (obviously!! :D) but if you were to perpetrate a hoax then not only would you cease to be part of the solution you would very definitely be part of the problem(s) which have plagued Ufology since its inception, and of course it seems (to me) that to do so would be in direct opposition to RU's 'raison d'être'…..

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks DrDil,

I completely understand your opinion and can see that the issue of perpetrating a hoax within certain aspects of the community to be troublesome.

However if this hoax was done to show the workings of a 'good', or at least believable, hoax then a better educated community should arise. Fearing or ridiculing someone who produces evidence of an order which makes something supernatural seem possible isn't something I would think an adult mind would do.

An adult mind, in my opinion, would accept that part of the conditions of this hoax would be to explain to all how it was done when it was finished. The strategy I outlined earlier would mean those who conspired to produce the hoax would leave the workings out and available to all with password protection until such times as the hoax is over. These nuggets of wisdom can then be applied to any future case prior to accepting facts at face value.

It's a simple case of Socratean roleplay in order to inspire critical thinking. Like rehearsing a procedure in order to perfect it.

The vast movement of people who believe in things for no discernible reason are not the type of people who should be researching paranormal topics. Scepticism, at all times, should be adhered to for the benefit of everyone.

Creating a hoax and then tracking the reactions, propaganda and people seeking to benefit from it would e good for the community as the houses built from cards would soon topple.

Again, this is just my belief. The best laid plans of mice and men and all that...

-m0r
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Next

Google

Return to UFOs