Video evidence (CNN live) of shapeshifting alien vampire....

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Video evidence (CNN live) of shapeshifting alien vampire

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 pm

nablator wrote:“UFOs are a mental illness,” John Keel once said. Keel was right: UFOs are pathological, and they are highly contagious.

I fully dispute that.

UFOs are a condition of the fantasy of modern age. The exist due to small communities stating they do. If these communities get out of hand then we have a full scale pandemic of UFOs.

Like everyone had back in the Torah, Bible and Qu'ran.

Unless we have proof we have supposition which can, as evidenced by millennia, produce wars.

Why not act like you do on the camp-site and respect your neighbours?

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby nablator » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 pm

m0r1arty wrote:I fully dispute that.

Why? I'm not a fan of John Keel if that is implied.

UFOs are a condition of the fantasy of modern age. The exist due to small communities stating they do. If these communities get out of hand then we have a full scale pandemic of UFOs.

Yes. So they are contagious. We agree.

Unless we have proof we have supposition which can, as evidenced by millennia, produce wars.

Yes. Existing or new UFO religions may develop and become dominant in the future. Skeptics are needed to prevent the myths and associated madness from spreading.

Now you have lost me completely. :?
nablator
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 am

nablator wrote:

Now you have lost me completely. :?

Yeah, sometimes my drink fuelled metaphors are only apparent to me (sorry).

I think I meant that being alive and here is sort of like an area we share together and stories of the big bad boogie man hiding in the bushes isn't something we should throw around as fact. Not because it isn't fun telling stories around a camp fire but because some people might get too edgy and cause a huge disruption which might endanger everyone.

I used add a better signature here saying beware of m0r, he holds a pokey stick, loves debate but sometimes does this whilst drunk :)

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby DoomsdayRex » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:07 pm

nablator wrote:How do you know that they are not simply delusional? I've never been able to tell who is a scam-artist and who honestly believes.

You are right. I don't know. And it may be a combination of both. You tell a lie long enough you come to believe it yourself.

nablator wrote:“UFOs are a mental illness,” John Keel once said. Keel was right: UFOs are pathological, and they are highly contagious.

I have to agree with Keel. This field, and the paranormal in general, is psychological poison. No one who stays involved in it, on any level from amateur enthusiast to "professional" investigator, comes away the better for it.
If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs