Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Access Denied wrote:Try to develop as many independent lines of evidence as possible before “going to press” and declaring something “conclusive” (if ever) and you’ll save yourself and others a whole lot of unnecessary work and confusion.

Absolutely - not to mention a great deal of embarrassment. It doesn't feel good when you rush to press only to discover that you overlooked an important piece of evidence that completely discredits the story. Even the very best skeptics fall for that "rush-to-scoop" fever when a hot story comes up.

Again - awesome advice.

With that said, the above is another reason we're often accused of making promises we don't keep. We spend a lot of time dotting our i's and crossing our t's - which sometimes really draws out how much time it takes to publish a final report. One thing we now try to do is not mention we'll be covering a story until it's time to go-to-press, but that can be hard sometimes, particularly when there's a lot of hype.

Chrlz - "Science has no ego, only those who abuse it."

I LOVE that line!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 pm

astrophotographer wrote:That being said, who really has the technical expertise in the subject of video editing software?

in all honesty these things are relatively easy to do, im absolutely certain that i could create something as good or even better and ive hardly ever touched any of those programmes.

modern computers and software make these things so easy.

i might sound like im talking rubbish but anyone with a little creativity and who is tech savvy can learn these things in no time!.

when i was younger i had a friend that was running a rave night at a local club, he wanted some posters and flyers making but the outlay to professionals was a bit too steep for his budget, at the time i had a commodore amiga for gaming but had amiga paint so i offered to give it a go. i had never used that programme before but produced spectacular results within minutes of trying.

now obviously computers and software have improved massively since that time but seriously, anybody can make anything with a little patience and time.

all the software needed can be acquired free and any half decent p.c can do a job.

i was actually laughing at that thread when someone mentioned that it may have been achieved using green screen techniques, those that didn't know was thinking that they meant using actual green screens on location ala george lucas, but in reality green screen can be done on your p.c! lol

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:now obviously computers and software have improved massively since that time but seriously, anybody can make anything with a little patience and time.

Computers and software were superior to that already. Degas Elite for the Atari STFM could cut a rug on the desktop publishing front like no other ;)

I agree that fastidiousness study is better that a botched job. But there is something in the thrill of the chase of a newly emerging story and the deadline to get to the finish before others that warms my cockles.

Maybe next time!

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Looks like this already thoroughly debunked video is trying to make a comeback. As mentioned in the comments it seems the original CGI hoaxer is investigating his own fraud here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0x8eybkA2s

:roll:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby James Carlson » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Smersh wrote:Looks like this already thoroughly debunked video is trying to make a comeback. As mentioned in the comments it seems the original CGI hoaxer is investigating his own fraud here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0x8eybkA2s

:roll:

Pretty sweet set-up, though ... a truly self-made man. Who needs to study loop-holes, and camera angles, and the hows and wherefores in regard to what makes a video tick, or look real, or sound false when you already have all the answers? Stunning ... just stunning.

No sense of pride, though -- that's kind of a shame...
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs