thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 am

Cheers Rich but I'm not too sure about that theory. I've seen it bandied about elsewhere and whilst I'd believe this to be the case if it were a film camera or a decent studio worthy digital camera I wouldn't hold the same confidence in the abilities of inferior quality digital cameras (Like my Panasonic one!).

Firstly with this 'stabilised' vantage the man in the foreground seems to do some fancy 'samba rhythm starts to play' manoeuvres which don't seem natural or intended. We've got a low light level which, on a cheaper digital camera, means that the light we do have is the dominant factor with what the camera will work with. Add to this any stabilising software (There is little by way of shakes on the 1st video) and lens correction going on (again, the samba rhythm part indicates some) as well as YouTube compression and we not only come away from the greenscreen theory (which motion tracking would have taken care of easily enough anyway) but solidify the potential for these anomalies existing as part of the camera's known faults.

Knowing the model of camera would help us break this down a bit further.

But yes I wouldn't post YouTube vids of Foofeys unless I thought the case was impressive enough. I've never posted one anywhere before.

2 different viewpoints of an apparent supernatural incident and odd effects when 'stabilised' to me is noteworthy.

I'm still saying hoax, but not from the greenscreen though - I'd need more proof and hopefully whichever way it takes us it will come.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 am

Hi m0r.

i agree with what you have just said,

from my own experience of camera phones, they have many problems especially when moved, sometimes everything in the scene moves strange and all at differing speeds and distances relative to each other making it look like a fake composite.

im stuck though as my laptop broke a while ago, im unemployed at mo so i cant do anything in regards to analysis of videos/pictures etc. i only have my ps3 for web browsing.

but anyway, like i said previously, i would like to see how the movement and speed compares in videos 1 and 3, and also know if the audio is real because if the audio is real for both videos then i think we are looking at something other than cgi because although its not impossible, im a bit doubtful that a group of american ladies and a couple of israeli men would conspire and co ordinate a hoax together, so maybe its done by other means.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby m0r1arty » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:10 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i would like to see how the movement and speed compares in videos 1 and 3...

Your wish is someone else's command, which I found;

Seems the 3rd video is indeed a quick knock up using this image and a soundtrack from 'wherever'. I can't find the soundtrack myself as people don't often transcribe them to make them easy for searching.

However one very questionable source for information does have an alleged transcription up on YouTube of the 1st video and it seems pretty reasonable to me with matching up with my basic linguistic ear. Here it is here:

But I'm not sure if annotations find their way off of YouTube so a right click and watch on YouTube might be best to view the translation in English.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 am

Hi m0r.

i just found that vid on ATS as you posted it! lol.

ok, im satisfied that its busted

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby chrLz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:53 am

Late to the party.. too late by the looks!

I confess I haven't looked too deeply at the videos or the hoax analysis, but as the topic of analysing hoaxes images/videos is pretty close to my heart, I thought I'd just toss in an important point. It's already been alluded to here, so forgive me if I'm just repeating/rewording it...

In regard to videography (and imaging in general), there are a couple of very important givens:

1. A sufficiently talented person can fake anything, using software that is readily available, and quite affordable (or easy to pirate).

2. The smaller(/crappier the video), the easier it is to fake, or to add content.

Now that leads me to taking a slightly different approach to hoax busting. The initial analysis, imho, should involve:

1. A quick look at the video, obviously - fakery may be immediately obvious if the creator is just an amateur.

2. A very long and hard look at the provenance of the video - things like"
- the history of the poster
- the video description (equipment & settings, date/time/location, description of event)
- why was the person filming there and then?
- any supporting evidence, other corroborative reports (if it's in a city, then there WILL be some/many)
- is the poster freely talking about it and answering questions, or just cowering on youtube and blocking/censoring comments?
- is it posted in the entertainment section..? :D

3. A long hard think about the video content, including:
- is this really something that could not be due to oncoming aircraft (big or rc), sky lanterns, flares, choppers etc, etc.
- does it look like anything was anticipated?
- did they film the entire event, in particular where the 'thing' went?
- are any reactions of the filmer or other observers what might be expected?

There's a pile more (and yes, I'll eventually post it all somewhere), but my point is, nowadays it's not so much the video that may give it away, it's all the stuff surrounding the video. Or lack thereof. And you may laugh, but I think that's a great thing! Because more people are now aware that it is pretty easy to fake stuff, so you need to apply a little more brainpower, unless you desperately want to believe, of course.. :D

I still don't understand why critical thinking/systems analysis/ whatever you want to call it, isn't taught at schools from day 1....

BTW, a quick comment on the hoaxkiller analysis, I have great respect for HK, having seen his other stuff. And yes, that video does look weird and *very* disjointed, but I have seen effects that are a little like that from bloody awful camera phones - similar effects can be caused by low-light, slow frame, 'rolling shutter*' effects. However, in HK's defence, I've never seen such an awful manifestation, and the lack of parallaxicality is indeed a bit beyond the normal... But given the other holes in this one, I'm not sure it's worth of any more attention.
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Torsion » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 am

Though I don't claim to be knowledgeable of all mobile phone screens and how they appear in video recording mode I'm wondering if the guy visible in the first video is recording anything at all. You can clearly see the screen of his mobile at times. There seems to be an awful lot of light on display considering he is supposedly videoing mostly a black sky with city lights taking up only the bottom 1/5 of the scene.

Still from video 1

Still from video 2 and detail of screen

Of course I could be entirely wrong, and perhaps only a small area of the screen shows the video recording image, but it looks to me like his phone is showing an address page with a contacts portrait in the upper left corner.
Torsion

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Torsion.

well spotted but i have to disagree, cellphones have back lit lcd, oled or amoled screens. ive just tested mine in total pitch black before i answered and even a total black screen lights up pretty bright, also all the options are usually on screen at the same time as whatever you are filming, especially on a touch screen phone which i imagine that is judging by the apparent screen size. so i think because of video compression and pixelation it just looks a bit odd.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby astrophotographer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm

It is interesting to note that SONY recently approached MUFON about UFO videos that they could use to promote their upcoming "battle of LA" movie. They were going to offer $25/second for truly unexplainable UFO videos! MUFON did not publicize this but it was circulated around in an e-mail. One has to wonder if that wasn't motivation for somebody.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:08 pm

astrophotographer wrote:It is interesting to note that SONY recently approached MUFON about UFO videos that they could use to promote their upcoming "battle of LA" movie. They were going to offer $25/second for truly unexplainable UFO videos! MUFON did not publicize this but it was circulated around in an e-mail. One has to wonder if that wasn't motivation for somebody.

well thats interesting, i didn't know that, i had the feeling that was going on during the run up to the skyline movie, i personally think the promoters of that used cheap viral advertising to get attention as there were quite a few blue "ufo" vids that surfaced that were rc planes with blue led lights on namely the garden grove sightings etc, i did actually mention this thought on the threads on ats at the time.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby DoomsdayRex » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Someone recreated the video (using the original) in AfterEffects, showing how easily it can be faked...

If anyone can show me and prove to me that I am wrong in thought or deed I will gladly change. I seek the truth which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm. -- Marcus Aurelias
DoomsdayRex
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 am

First of all, I just want to say excellent reporting m0r. Thanks for keeping us updated on this fast moving topic.

I agree the image stabilization “proof” isn’t entirely convincing. I might be convinced if using the line between the layer of bricks on the wall for reference as opposed to the top of the wall that seems to lose some definition at the ends produces the same result.

I don’t think it helps that Mr Mask is endorsing it so vehemently either… ;)

I’m also not sure it’s based off a still either as adding the twinkling city lights seems more trouble than it’s worth. The video DR posted seems a more likely “path of least resistance” for a hoaxer to take. I get the feeling this video was originally something more mudane…

Again I could be wrong though.

Haven’t seen this discussed much but this from the OP is bothering me…

“What is the meaning of this sighting ?????????...........................................”

That doesn’t seem like something a chance photographer would say… it’s begging the question. I would expect that from a “true believer” or someone else with an agenda like a hoaxer.

Anyway, gone viral…

Jerusalem videos stir UFO buzz
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... r-ufo-buzz

ETA: #-o

Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:30 pm

The exo-insane are now latching onto it.

http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in- ... tion-by-et

I hate linking to that disgusting excuse of a website, but we need to track these delusional ramblings if only to point out the propaganda for what it is.

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cripmeister » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Hmmm isn't it funny that one of the guys says "wow!" approximately 5 seconds after the light starts to descend? Since the light was stationary at first, wouldn't the natural reaction be to say "wow!" as soon as it started descending? I highly suspect that these two videos were staged.
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
cripmeister

Postby astrophotographer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:40 pm

It case this wasn't posted in this thread "Stray Cat" over in the JREF posted this link:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jerusalem_night_7088.JPG

Looks like a dead ringer for the third video showing the temple up close (EDIT: Sorry I see somebody already pointed this out! Good catch to both individuals.). That one is pretty much busted as a fake, which brings into question all the others.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs