Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:41 am

i notice this has now made the hoax bin on ats, but most importantly, i noticed that the you tube poster DISCLOSUR3 that posted the 4th video is an ats member and has been promoting his dodgy videos there: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread658212/pg1

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
User avatar
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am


Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby Access Denied » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:09 am

Puppetburglar wrote:Was anyone else amused by the music played in the car footage video- Don't Bring Me Down by Electric Light Orchestra?

Raises hand...

Image

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i notice this has now made the hoax bin on ats...

Seems ATS is experiencing some sort of meltdown. I noticed this was posted…

Mr Mask wrote:PS- To the guy who owns another website (yknow, the one with less then 30 posters) saying "Since Mr Mask attaches himself to the debunking it needs to be wrong" (or something similar)- Um dude? You claim this may be a RC toy plane...

:roll:

No wonder you were removed from this site and banished to the failing one you now control.

[lol… if he only knew]

Then after some more bizarre defense of the inconclusive stabilization “debunking” the thread was moved to the [Hoax] forum based on that with the even more bizarre claim it was proven to be a hoax perpetrated by Cohen and ANW because they were the source of the 4th video and it had something to do with Sorcha Faal… none of which adds up as far as I can tell.

Understandably a number of skeptics and believers alike were going WTF???

Now Zorgon (perpetrator of debunked claims and hoaxes extraordinaire) of all people is defending these “proven hoax” claims despite the evidence to the contrary…

<insert Twilight Zone theme music here>

It's one thing to call it a hoax but it's quite another to do so for all the wrong reasons.

Seems they’re completely lost and tripping all over themselves thanks to the most recent skeptic culling program and trying to bury the fail… could it be skeptics aren’t really the problem but rather part of the solution?

Anyway, still more to be learned here I think…
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:48 am

well id rather be on a website with 30 people that has a 99% intelligence rate than on a website with 300,000 people with a 99% idiot rate.

and i seriously dont know how Mr Mask can defend a website with an owner that uses the deaths of innocent people as a chance to advertise his site and make money........

thanks

rich

edit) ive just realised that springer gave his you tube vid thread a good edit to make it look fairer than it originally was (but only after banning all the sceptics that questioned it) and also appears to have edited in a little dig at this site.
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
User avatar
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:03 pm

I'll have to check out the dig later - he has been touchy in his postings recently. Almost uncivil in some respects. But to err is human.

As for the ATS tag of [HOAX] to the story. I know this will be a hoax in the end, but it's the proving it that matters. It is an interesting case (if only for the two camera angles for me, but it's developed more since then).

As for a write up - I'd love to do one for here, but at the moment I'm far from a conclusion and I think it would be better to have the full summary of events composed as oppose to an update on where we are in this thread (and elsewhere).

Be good to drum up some more research from here too (If anyone is up for it).

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
User avatar
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby the|exx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i notice this has now made the hoax bin on ats,


It's been *cough* re-opened *cough*! lol ;)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread658652/pg1

|exx :?
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
User avatar
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby cripmeister » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I spent a couple of hours on that ATS-thread last night (72 pages at the time) and I couldn't figure out why it was in the [HOAX]-bin, it's a complete mess. The staff over there have proved that they don't really know what they are doing, they closed the thread then moved it to [HOAX] and then back again to the A&U board.

edit: reopened with MM as the OP wtf?
Last edited by cripmeister on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I call your flying saucer and raise you one unicorn!
User avatar
cripmeister
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby franspeakfree » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 pm

the|exx wrote:
RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i notice this has now made the hoax bin on ats,


It's been *cough* re-opened *cough*! lol ;)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread658652/pg1

|exx :?


Yes and I wonder why that is? could it be and I am just guessing here, but could it be because it has made the MSM which in turn will have people logging on to the site looking to find information on it, which means only one thing $$$

This is one of the reasons I have cut down my participation in the UFO forums, deny ignorance, helloooooeeeee ??????
franspeakfree
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 am

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby the|exx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm

franspeakfree wrote:
the|exx wrote:
RICH-ENGLAND wrote:i notice this has now made the hoax bin on ats,


It's been *cough* re-opened *cough*! lol ;)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread658652/pg1

|exx :?


Yes and I wonder why that is? could it be and I am just guessing here, but could it be because it has made the MSM which in turn will have people logging on to the site looking to find information on it, which means only one thing $$$


Nice observation Fran :idea: ! It's possible I guess.

|exx :roll:
They're coming to take me away, Ha-Haaah!
- Dan Burisch
User avatar
the|exx
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:42 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm

cripmeister wrote:edit: reopened with MM as the OP wtf?

I love MM and and hope to reacquaint ourselves soon enough - but basing yourselves on the stars and flags system and then being given an apparent 'free ride' to the topic reopening - doesn't seem fair to me in the slightest (only due to the ridiculous credit system that is in place)

I enjoyed the concise OP which conveyed everything up until that point - but I didn't regard the [HOAX] tag as something worthwhile whist there was no evidence to support the fact that it was not and for that, the supporting vocal factor, to be overlooked to allow for another thread in the same genre using the same evidence - to be allowed. It, if nothing else, shows disrepute in the ranks and with both believer and sceptic asking for it to be reopened and it shows a system which cares for neither (IMO).

But hey, perhaps I should start my own website and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in branding before I can have an opinion ala' [url-http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread650599/pg10#pid10480636]Springer's recent suggestion[/url] ( seriously, I tell people to f---- off and have good luck and yet this is allowed?).

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
User avatar
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby astrophotographer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:48 pm

After watching the fourth video for some time, I noticed something disturbing. The flash that accompanies the UFOs departure is extremely bright. In fact it is so bright it is like a flash gun going off. This was the case from some distance away. Imagine how bright the flash would have been near the UFOs proximity. This flash may be important because if you watch after the exit, something odd happens. The city lights all remain on! The last time I checked, night lighting uses an optical sensor to turn itself off when the sun comes up. As an astronomer, we used to focus a light on the sensor with a telescope to imitate the sun and cause the light to go off for about 15 minutes. Another individual created a long pole with an upside down can and a small light inside the can. You just would telescope the pole up on top of the sensor and allow the can to sit on it. As long as the light in the can was on, the streetlight remained off. Unless street lights are different or have changed over the past twenty years, I would think a good number of those around the flash would have gone dark. None do as far as I can tell.
User avatar
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby astrophotographer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Looking at some fireball videos, I noticed that bright fireballs don't turn lights off. Apparently, light sensors must have a blanking circuit these days to prevent lightning strikes from shutting down lights. Also, some lights are simply turned on at a specific time. So, I guess this idea has no merit unless it can be shown that a flash of light would shutdown the lights in that location.
User avatar
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 am

Hey astrophotographer!

Thanks for posting. Whilst I do think that a light dependant resistor might cut out the street lights I think that there would be a timer on it to allow for things like camera flashes and/or bombs to keep people safe.

But you do raise a very good point. The light-plosion (patent pending) is a good place to look for artefacts and tell tale signatures.

YouTube compression is a beautiful thing, however it does mix up a lot of the more noticeable indicators of fraud with how it works. To me the "light-plosion" is the best evidence we've got to look into. And we have 2 cases of it which are connected to each other and a possible 3rd case to validate any conditions we find.

Visuals though ins't a field I know much about. Give me a 2-D screen, Flash or obvious effects like introduction reels for television programs and I'm in my element - I can explain or reproduce just about anything. Footage of supposedly actual events though isn't something I've looked into (cause it's a ridiculously huge field!!) and so I ask for anyone with knowledge in that area to asist us here.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
User avatar
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:38 am

well it seems to have been debunked in the rather strangely reopened thread on ats, the car driver is a film maker and also one of the people in video 4 is in video 1, some of the audio in vid 2 is an altered version of vid 1s audio.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
User avatar
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Rich,

Foregoing the rather strange alternate thread on ATS (Which is a discussion all in itself in my opinion) video 4 can only be used as potentially factual once we establish video 1 and 2's authenticity.

I believe 1 + 2 to be fake but can't see the evidence so far fitting enough to officially state for a fact that it's fake.

There are a couple of anomalies within the sound tracks of each (a couple of clicks which are heard in each at the same time) but that's about it and until we know what else could have made those clicks (A car cooling down, a sign blowing in the wind, a water tank widget kicking in) we can't say for sure.

In the only piece of actual investigative work my namesake on ATS has done this year there is an image of the sound tracks synchronised:

Image

This shows that there are two independent pick-ups being used to record the sound.

He also allows anyone to download the file here to use on the free program Audacity to verify or dispute this claim.

What a guy he is eh?

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
User avatar
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: Interesting video from Jerusalem 2011/01/28

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:45 am

hi m0r.

personally i think the flash making the lights brighter is the killer of videos 1 and 2.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
User avatar
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 am

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

cron