Doug Moffett - an invite

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Doug Moffett - an invite

Postby chrLz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Here in Oz there is a 'ufologist' who is sometimes interviewed by the media, by the name of Doug Moffett. He is also the media spokesperson for 'UFO Research (NSW) Incorporated'.

He was just interviewed on a morning news show (7) about the Jerusalem ufo, and another recent case in Richmond, Victoria (I think..?).

I'd really like to have a little chat to Mr Moffet about what he said during that interview, so herewith a cordial invitation.. I will also email the association later this weekend.

In particular, there was this line about the Richmond image:
"We have analysed the image, and there are no issues.."

Hmm. None? Then surely they must have identified it.. :)

Anyway, I have not been able to find a report on the Richmond, Vic sighting (but it's early morning here, I'm not fully awake.. :D ) - anyone else seen this?
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Re: Doug Moffett - an invite

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi chrlz.

just had a quick look but the most recent richmond ufo i could see was richmond virginia usa last year, not richmond victoria aus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxBOzmcz5Yg

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby chrLz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks Rich - no, that's not it. It was a still image of blue sky with a few light wispy clouds, and there was a tiny white splodge (an 'orb', or course!) and then a darker slightly bent line (looked pretty much like an o-o-f bird) - both objects were right at the Nyquist limit. :D - I'm just trying to sound like a ufologist - that means they were on the very limit of the sensor's resolution.

It was well within the range of the most boring and unconvincing images I have seen proferred at any site as an 'interesting' ufo... But perhaps there was a decent story behind it, that got lost in the brief tv interview...
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:56 am

chrLz wrote: But perhaps there was a decent NON story AND NONSENSICAL MADE UP YARN behind it, that got PURPOSELY lost in the brief tv interview..

Hi chrlz.

fixed it for you! :mrgreen: :D

sorry, couldn't resist.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby chrLz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 am

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:
chrLz wrote: But perhaps there was a decent NON story AND NONSENSICAL MADE UP YARN behind it, that got PURPOSELY lost in the brief tv interview..

Hi chrlz.
fixed it for you! :mrgreen: :D
sorry, couldn't resist.
thanks
rich

well, yes... but i was tryin' to be polite! (A rare thing from me, so you should encourage it..:P)
chrLz

Google

Return to UFOs