The Troyan UFO Phenomenon

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

The Troyan UFO Phenomenon

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:35 pm

INTRODUCTION

Hello again :)

To set this off, I'd like to remind that as I previously stated, my sole intention in getting
in the search for a good place to share my story and further research, was caused by my first
ever personal encounter with the UFO phenomenon that took place in August 2010. I'm sure WN
has seen most of what I managed to delve into as information since August, as well as Rich
who has read a large part of my report regarding the encounter, although I'm not sure whether
he remembers it. Well, here we'll have a refresher and a bit of expansion with further
research.

Now straight to the point - I will present to you facts, personal testimony, video footage
and photos which you wouldn't find anywhere else, simply because of two factors - the
language barrier, and the fact that there was no one to share anything about these sightings.
This is the story about the UFOs occasionally visiting the Balkan mountain chain in Bulgaria,
specifically in the Troyan region, also known as Central Balkan, that most probably even
happen to present day. In short, I'd like to call it "The Troyan UFO phenomenon".
ch1n1t0

Re: The Troyan UFO Phenomenon

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Hello again.

i didn't realise it was you!. yes, i do remember your very interesting and detailed story from ats.

i think although you were a bit weary of my posting, you came to understand my style of scepticism and why i am that way.

im glad you have joined us here as you engaged me in some good discussion on ats even though we have different views.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:44 pm

BUT FIRST A QUICK GUIDED TOUR ON GEOGRAPHY

Bulgaria is a small country in South-Eastern Europe taking up 110,994 square kilometers of
land. One could say it's not the best country to live in due to many social negatives, but
all of these are beaten down in my opinion by this one positive - Bulgaria has such a wide
variety of geographical and natural beauties that it's hard to grasp the fact they all fit in
the borders of this small country.

One of these wonders of nature is the Balkan mountain chain, also known as Stara Planina. It
is the youngest formed mountain in our country. It stretches from the Western border with
Serbia, and to Black Sea coast to the East. It splits the country into a Southern and
Northern part and at its peaks, it holds such a spectacular view, even the photos that are
below aren't a good enough indication of the beauty of this place... They are all from the area around Beklemeto peak, by the way.

View from the Central Balkan towards North

Another one

The Balkan mount chain is split in three major regions - Western, Central, and Eastern
Balkan.

Here is a map to help you picture the mountain overall characteristics better:

Troyan is among the towns and villages located in the skirts of the Balkan mountain chain. It
is located in the Central Balkan part of Stara Planina, being on the North side of the mount,
consisting of about 21,997 citizens. As with most other villages/towns in the skirts of the
Balkan mount chain, this one also has a very different from the usual infrastructure. The
town doesn't go above a kilometer in width, and is about 16 kilometers in length, following
the river bank of the river Osum.

It's a town that's famous with it's plum brandy (rakia) and the beautiful handcrafted
pottery. In the past it has been widely known accross the country for it's heavy industry and
mining which due to economical diffictulties in the country for the last 20 years is not so
well-evolved anymore.

Obviously (and this is quite recent info to me) Troyan is also acknowledged for its amateur
radio astronomers, in a worldwide scale.

One major passage connecting North with South Bulgaria in the Central Balkan is the Troyan-
Kurnare passage. At the highest point of this passage is the peak Beklemeto, with it's
enormous monumental arch from the communist past, also known as "The Pantihose" due to the
resemblence with a pair of those.

Here are a few photos of the Beklemeto monument:

View towards the Beklemeto monument

View towards the monument from a bit closer

OK, time for some facts and videos we could get the discussion on with. The following events
are presented in a chronological fashion (Important note, everything that has occured before
my own sighting, I wasn't aware off happening at all, I will cover this further below):
Last edited by ch1n1t0 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey Rich, please bear with me while I present the first part of my research, there are things that weren't available on ATS, I think these facts will make you look into this further. I, myself, am willing to continue digging deeper and actually go interviewing witnesses, but we'll get to that point :)

Also, I don't think our views differ at all (especially after reading your welcome thread), I too am very skeptical regarding all of the fish that swim in the ocean of information we call Internet. So I completely understand your stance regarding this, as it would've been the stance that I would originally take if I weren't on the witness side. However, do look into the information presented in the following post, as it will hold some new information towards the subject we'll be discussing here.

And also, you might want to keep your fingers crossed for us to get our hands on the originals from my next post :)
Last edited by ch1n1t0 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:53 pm

THE FIRST REPORTED SIGHTING FROM THE AREA

In this part, I will cover information regarding the sighting that occured at least two times
in a span of 4 days in the end of April, 2009. It was seen by multiple witnesses, from at
least two confirmed different points of view, one from the village Patreshkovo, the other
from a hill in the outskirts of the town of Troyan. The first time, the sighting occured in
the evening of 24th April, the second time was on 27th of April, when the same strange lights were observed and this time, video footage was taken.

What gives even more credibility to this case, imo, is the fact that the main witness who has
done most of the footage is a teacher in the School of Arts in Troyan, he teaches mathematics
and informatics, and also is an amateur radio astronomer. With him, there was another friend
of his, also an am radio astronomer (that is, besides the three other people that were
present as well).

Another important thing to note, is the fact that this case was actually covered in the
Bulgarian media. Besides the ridiculing articles in cheap gossip newspapers (we have tons of
these here) there was an 18-minute interview with this main witness, that was a part of an
episode that aired on bTV. It is one of the leading, if not THE leading, TV stations in
Bulgaria (owned by Rupert Murdock). The episode was from a talk show titled "Let them speak,
with Rossen Petrov", at the time when this episode aired, the show's airtime was from Monday
to Friday, at 18:30-19:00 o'clock, just before the evening news. It is a talk show where many
topics are covered, sometimes very serious such, sometimes funny ones. Luckily, in this exact
episode, the other guest was the Minister of Education of Bulgaria, so that brings a bit more
to the arguement of the talkshow being a watched and influential one.

The following is the 18-minute excerpt from the episode, in it they are showing the video and
photo footage, and although that's not the originals, it will have to do for now.

I have to say that I'm planning on going to the area in a week time, I will hopefully get
this guy to speak with me in an interview. As he mentioned in the interview that after his
sighting, he went around the villages asking older locals and they said this was something
not that uncommon and it has happened before. I'd like to clear that up as well, at least
find two-three more people to talk to so I could gather more on the overall frequency of
these happenings in the past in this region. I will also seek for originals from the teacher,
so I could get these to be discussed here, hopefully he will trust me with them.
So here is a link where you guys can download the video, sorry for the lousy subtitles, I did
my best though :) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ydnmbm
Last edited by ch1n1t0 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ch1n1t0

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi Martin.

cool, im looking forward to reading it, keep up the good work.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:59 pm

OK, I have to do something now, I will be back a bit later and will present the second piece of information that is regarding our own sighting of (most probably) the same phenomenon that was seen in April, 2009, and allegedly, has been seen for some time now in the region. It's a good moment to point out that I've never seen this interview, before I've gotten into researching this, after my very own sighting. As some of you might have grasped from my "Hello" post, I'm not a person who manages to stay indoors for much time, and haven't owned a TV set for the last 5 years. Simply, TV isn't the thing for me. I thought that was good to point out :)

Be back in a bit,

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby Buckwild » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:12 am

Hi Martin,

I did not watch the documentary yet but the first thing that comes to my mind is that this mountain range is located right in the most seismic zone of the Circum-Pannonian region. This is why I advise you to contact C. Fidani
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universit´a di Perugia, Via A. Pascoli, Perugia, Italy. This person is specialized in the study of EQLs (Earthquake Lights).

He will be able to give you a questionnaire (just for a start) to collect testimonials regarding
luminous and other non-common phenomena in this region.

You should definitely check if the observations are related to seismic activities in this region and if local astronomers have recorded non-conventionnal events with their allsky cams.

As far as the instruments that could be used to record such events, here is a "must read" document imo :
http://www.itacomm.net/PH/2009_Teodorani.pdf

You might also want to get in touch with : Nicola TOSI from Projetct M.A.L.D.A and member of the Osservatorio Astronomico Appennino Modenese : nicola.tosi.ansu@alice.it

He is in charge of an initiative in Italy in an area of the Tuscan-Emilian between Montefiorino, Lake Saint and the Stone of Bismantova were non-conventionnal atmospherical events seem to happen.

Cheers and thanks for your report.
Buck
Buckwild
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 am

I will now continue with the second piece of information regarding the UFO sightings happening in the Troyan region. As it is a personal experience, what better way to get you to understand my sighting to the fullest, than to present some stuff about me and my views towards UFOs prior to the event.

Before the sighting in August 2010, I wasn't interested in the UFO phenomenon that much. Like most people, I did enjoy most of the X-Files series (apart from the seasons with Robert Patrick, mho), and as a self-respected thinker about things in life, I've been thinking about aliens, but never have I gotten too much into it. All in all, my experience was based on movies, information on the web, and a few personal stories I have heard throughout my life. And being aware of the ocean of information the World Web is, I always remained skeptical towards video and photo proof. However, I am a good example of why sometimes ignorance is a bliss.

If one asked me before my sighting whether I believe we're being visited I would've answered "Most probably Yes" and I wouldn't give it too much of a thought. Also, if I was asked back then in case I see a UFO from closeby will I try to get close to it, I would've answered with excitement "Yes". Well, after I confronted directly (or probably better put, was confronted by) the UFO phenomenon, these two answers changed - first of all, one of the results from that August night was me getting indepth with this subject, wanting to know what we saw. Which led me to digging much deeper and finding much info on UFOs. And in place of getting answers, I now have more questions than I had in the beginning, and I have greater doubt than ever, about we being visited. It's so confusing it's almost annoying at times. If you ask me, the odds of us being visitted are around 50-50, and I can't make up my mind just yet, the reason why I continue digging and researching this further.

But this doesn't mean that something bizzare is happening in our skies. Basing my opinion on my sighting, I can assure you there is advanced technology flying above us. As to who is operating those, I don't dare speculate about it anymore, hope that will change with future evolvement.

So, I hope this has covered my views before and after the sighting me and my friend went through. So here is the whole story:
Last edited by ch1n1t0 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 am

AUGUST 10TH, 2010

This sighting is my first, and I am not sure if there has ever been such an event reported anywhere before, both in intensity and in duration of observation. Thus, the detail of the sighting.

On 10th of August me and a friend of mine went camping in the central part of the Stara Planina mountain, a mountain that divides Bulgaria in the middle, starting from West and ending near the Black Sea to the East. The exact place where we had the sighting is in the central part of Stara
Planina, right where the Troyan-Kurnare passage road lies, which is one of the main passages connecting the Northern and Southern parts of Bulgaria. At the highest point of that passage there (1565 meters above sea level) is a big monument from the communism times before 1989 in Bulgaria, it is called Beklemeto. The closest town is Troyan, from the Northern side, it's about 15 kilometers from Beklemeto. Also, close to the monument, around 30 minutes on foot from our camp there is a small group of hotels.

I met my friend up in the mountain, he came from Southern Bulgaria, and I travelled from the capitol city Sofia to the place from the Northern side of the mountain. We met there at around 12 o'clock at noon, then we walked a few of kilometers from Beklemeto taking a dirt road towards East (we had no vehicle, we both travelled by hitch-hiking) and after awhile we reached a good place for camping (it's quite windy because we were on the highest point of the mountain in the region and strong winds are not something rare there). The exact coordinates of where we put our tent are: 42°46'20.73"N 24°39'7.46"E facing North-East, the view is towards the Northern part of Bulgaria (I got the exact coordinates thanks to Google Earth). Also there were no trees on our altitude, forests were lower than us, the closest being about a kilometer away.

The weather was changing really fast during the day, first it was sunny, then clouds appeared at our altitude and covered everything from sight. At a certain point I started having a terrible headache and went to sleep
for a few hours, I woke up at around 10:30 PM. I went out of the tent, me and my friend sat and talked for about an hour. The fog of clouds from earlier was now completely gone and as it was New Moon, we could observe a breath-taking view of the Milky Way and also the Perseida meteor showers which was originally the idea of our trip to the mountains.

At around 11:30 PM I looked to the North and suddenly noticed some sort of a light source far away (probably 5-7 kms away from us) but yet, on the same altitude as we were. I instantly yelled to my friend "Look!" and as
we observed the light flying really slowly without changing direction we started guessing what it could be. The light wasn't flashing at first, it also didn't make any sudden changes in direction the first five minutes or so. Not until it decided to suddenly change its direction to the exactly opposite. Some seconds after that, really close to the first object, another one appeared from nothing and both started an amazing series of flashing (which I guess was how they communicated) and flying in the sky.

And I'm talking about some serious mind blowing manouvers, that I personally can't assign to any known (or even kept as a secret) human aircraft or natural phenomenon.

That's when we realised something out of the ordinary was happening. The lights were making sudden changes of direction, sometimes they faded away for a couple of seconds, just to get brighter afterwards, it was more than obvious they were communicating to each other. And then we started looking at various regions of the night sky to look for more objects and it didn't take more than a minute - that's when we realised it - these objects were all over the place, they just didn't caught our attention at first. We have no idea how many we've observed throughout the night, however, at a certain moment we managed to count 25 different objects being present at the same time on the night sky. All of them were behaving as nothing known to or being produced by man. We didn't manage to see more details regarding these particular lights, as they were some kilometers away from us, and were simply everywhere we looked.After probably an hour of observation of these lights, we saw something that gave us a chill to the bone. We looked to the East and that's when we saw just above the closest hill, really close to the ground, a white light hovering over what appeared at first 10-15 meters above the surface of the hill. In the beginning we could only see that light, however, after thirty or so seconds of staring we could very well distinguish its shape - it was flat disc shaped, it had a bright constant light in its center (the one that caught our attention at first), around the edge of the disc there was a ring of red light, slowly pulsating (it was much dimmer than the central light), and because there was no moonlight, we couldn't see the body of the craft in detail, however, when looking carefully, we could depict the flat and round shape of the object by being much darker than the sky behind it. The most interesting thing about this particular object was the way it was moving - first of all, when realising the object was disc-shaped, we understood that the lowest part of it actually was no higher than 2-3 meters from the top of the hill it was hovering above. That's because the position of the disc was not horizontal, as in most cases, but it was vertical according to the ground. The most amazing part about it was that while moving horizontally over the hill, the object was slowly rotating having it's center being the center of the rotation, and it wasn't rotating in one specific direction only, but it was changing the direction constantly.

This was the time when we decided we should try and make contact. I took the flashlight and started flashing towards the large disc. It completely stopped moving for more than a minute, hanging over the hill. Then, it just
continued hovering, and not more than 2 minutes later, something flickering in the top of my eyesight caught my attention. It was a small white light looking almost like a star, but it continued getting brighter and brighter. The light was constant, not flashing, only slowly getting brighter and larger and then again to its original state. Also, from time to time every 10-15 seconds it vibrated very strangely - it rapidly moved from left to right for a tiny fraction of the second. The distance between the most left and most right points of its movement when it vibrated was around 4-5 centimeters in my eyesight, so, taking in consideration it was away from us for some distance (although we can't be exact as only a light was visible and no obvious body of a craft) it moved amazingly rapidly... And this is the only object we managed to get on photo - both me and my friend only had telephones with weak cameras and only because of its brightness did it came visible on the photo, unlike the other dimmer lights in the sky.

A little bit later, we saw a second easily distinguishable in shape and design object. First, it appeared as a small, pale dot, that was right above the disc shaped. My assumption is that it was at least a kilometer above the disc. It was really strange, as this pale red dot copied perfectly the movement of the disc on the horizontal, it seemed as if it was one whole object. It continued doing so for about 10 minutes, when it suddenly stopped (while the disc just continued whatever it was doing over the hill), hung in the night sky for some seconds, and then started moving. It flew directly West, meaning it actually passed right in front of us, not more than 200 meters away, at about 45 degrees according to our point of view just to disappear in the distance. As it passed, we could very well see that it was a flat triangular shape, with a bright white light at its center, and three red lights in the angles. Again, it wasn't as typical sightings describe these as horizontally positioned, this one was vertical and was flying in horizontal direction meaning it had no problem at all with the forces of air resistance. The greatest thing about this object is that we could really clearly see a very specific characteristic about its way of movement - on equal intervals (I measured them to be around 5 seconds) the triangle simply rotated on 90 degrees around its center, changing the positions only of its angles, as the center light being stationary, and this rotation occured just in the matter of tenth of a second, continuesly, as the object was flying away from us until it disappeared.

The last object that was showing specific characteristics and was visible enough to make out details, was at almost our altitude. It appeared at around 4:00-4:30. It looked like a disc again, but we couldn't make out a body of the craft, so we're not completely sure. What we could see were 5 lights (not separate, definately connected to each other making one whole object). They were one next to another, and made the object appear as horizontally positioned. What was kind of scary was that it was hovering right above the hotels I mentioned in the beginning, but we didn't see something more than that.

It all ended at around 5:30 AM in the morning, when out of nowhere, clouds appeared and again covered everything. We went in the tent and at that time with the fog outside, although we were very scared, we somehow fell asleep. We slept until 7 o'clock, and when we got up, there was no sign of the objects.

None of the objects produced any kind of sound. Completely silent! Neither me, nor my friend felt anything strange during the sighting, except for the adreanaline rush the first 2-3 hours, we wanting so much to communicate with them, shouting from time to time in excitement, yet baffled what on Earth were these things, considering and discussing the possibility they were man-made, what they were doing there etc. After we calmed down little by little, we started thinking rationally, and I personally got scared because I didn't know what their intentions were, and I trully felt the harsh reality of me and my friend being all alone there in the mountain, in front of our tent surrounded by tens of these lights. A smashing feeling, that is, of being so ridiculously small and defenseless.
On 11th of August in the morning when we woke up, everything has changed, I was so stressed from the experience that I didn't want to talk about it for at least a week. I only told the people closest to me with very little detail, at first. We didn't even feel an urge to go to the hill the disc shaped object was hovering above to see if there were any signs left. All I was thinking about is how I was going to get home and not go outside for awhile.

Also, another important detail is that the whole mountain was echoing of shepperd dogs barking.

Don't get me wrong, I've been wondering about UFOs and ET life for some time, much before this event happened. I was an enthusiast who up to that point had no personal experience on the topic, only observations and theories. And being as open-minded as I consider myself to be, I have no idea why this has stressed me so much, all I know that my view of everything has become completely different since then. It took me 2 months to fully overcome the stress from the event and to gather will to sit down and make this story reach other people. Also, since then, I haven't felt any need to convince anyone who has heard and not believed this story and I still don't. From what I saw I simply believe we're not that far from the moment this phenomenon will become publically acknowledged by everyone. Something I think is important as well - after a week passed after the event and I started doing research, I found out that every fifth citizen of Troyan claims to have seen such lights in the distance towards the peaks of the mountain.

NOTE regarding the photos - I'm uploading three photos, two are originals and the third is the one of the two photos but after some enhancing a friend of mine did on it. Bear in mind that this is a photo taken by a phone camera towards the night sky - it was new moon and the whole Milky Way was visible, and yet no stars appeared on the original photo, well, not until it was edited and brightened. The reason for me to say this is to take in consideration that fact, because it will help when trying to find out how much brighter the object was in the sky than the stars. As for the reddish areas that appear on the enhanced photo, some of these are most likely camera artifacts, and the small dots of light are showing exactly how the phone camera managed to photograph the stars in the night sky in comparison to the bright object.

PHOTOS:

ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:00 am

DIAGRAMS AND DRAWINGS

I managed to draw and write a bit on top of two screenshots I took using Google Earth (sorry for the lousy quality of drawing, used MS Paint there and was limited).

These were taken from positioning the camera at the coordinates that I provided. If you take a look in there, you will see the same things. I didn't include shots of other directions as there were lights appearing in most places either way, I included only the directions at which I had GOOD observation. And by no-good observations I mean white lights hovering, manouvering and blinking without giving away how they looked and most acted the same. Basically, the first type we saw that night, although it could've been any of the other four because all that was visible was a white light and nothing more to it. These lights were always up to 20 present at the same time, while the others which I've given detailed explanation about gradually appeared through the night.

Here are the photos:

Note that I've added a little detail that I could recall while drawing on these screens, something I didn't include in the report cos simply forgot to mention. And this doesn't mean that all came from North-East. I'm positive however, that the triangular one went directly West and disappeared in the distance.
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:17 am

CONCLUSIONS AND FURTHER IDEAS

As I already mentioned, I find it highly possible that the sightings from 2009 was of the same crafts that were observed by me and my friend in 2010. There are a bunch of facts pointing towards that and I will list a few of them:

- both our, and their sighting occured in the days when moon phase was New Moon, and another one (from 2009) happened a couple of days after New Moon.
- the fact that we can hear dogs barking in the video from 2009, and in 2010 we also heard dogs barking like mad throughout the whole mountain.
- the movement of lights in the distance in the sighting from 2009 is very similar, if not 100% identical to the patterns we managed to observe in 2010.
- the teacher mentions he talked with older people from villages scattered in the area, many started speaking about these lights, and the fact that they've seen them before
- there is a fact that I missed mentioning regarding the video excerpt from the talk show - it was uploaded at vbox7.com, which is a sort of our local Bulgarian YouTube. The title from the uploader was "Some crazy dude with UFOs", so you get the idea how the average Joe around here treats the subject. What's more important, however, is that there were many comments from people who said they were from Troyan and this has happened many times before, and that the guy was not crazy at all, some also stated to be his students from the School of Art and said that he's quite decent as a person, and a teacher. There was even a comment saying "If you go for a few days in a row on top of peak Kapincho (which is in the outskirts of Troyan) and stay there for a couple of hours, you will see these for yourself".

The reason I included the last arguement, is that it led me to believe that this phenomenon indeed is not a rarity in the region. I think I will be able to get this confirmed with a couple of interviews with locals in the area. As I said, I will also try and get my hands on the originals from the teacher, and I believe he will be willing to share them with me, since I will tell him my story as well. I'm planning on going back to Troyan in a few days, not more than 10, so you guys have plenty of time for suggestions regarding a questionaire that'll include the most important questions the answers of which, could bring us closer to solving these bizzare cases.

I'm all ears now for your opinions, sorry to be a pain in the eye, but it is a complex thing, and I had to present it in a manner I found decent. Hope none of you guys'll go order glasses after dealing with this thread lol
ch1n1t0

Postby ch1n1t0 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:24 am

Thank you so much for your input, Buck.

I will contact the people you mentioned, simply because your post rang like a bell in my head. I am 100% positive that just a couple of days after our sighting there were at least 3-4 minor earthquakes in Bulgaria, and 2-3 mid that all happened in 2 days. I admit I made a connection between the two, and it got me worried a bit. However, it is strange, since Bulgaria is a small country, and we don't get that many earthquakes per month. They also talked about this being out of the normal on the news but they reassured that it's nothing to worry about.

I'm not saying that these are connected, but after your post, it brought this possibility back in the game for me. So I'll go ahead and contact the people, and we'll see where that gets us.

Regards,

Martin
ch1n1t0

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:43 pm

Hey Martin,

2006/2007, the US military has been building up a significant presence in your country.

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,1 ... 40,00.html

Under the deal, U.S. troops will be able to use three Bulgarian military bases - the Novo Selo training area and the Bezmer air base in southeastern Bulgaria, as well as at the Graf Ignatievo airfield in central Bulgaria.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/280671

However, not all Americans support this new move by the US government. Doug Bandow of Campaign for Liberty, a former Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan and an Editor for the Inquiry magazine, recently pegged the questions, “Why is the US building unnecessary facilities in countries which the U.S. has no need to defend? Is there anything for which the American people are not expected to pay?"

Do you know if this location is anywhere near any of those bases? Particularly the Bezmer air base or the Graf Ignatievo airfield?

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 pm

This is also pretty interesting considering the US presence there is related to anti-ballistic missile technologies/testing.

The Washington Post also reported that Poland and Czech Republic are being considered by the Obama administration to take part in European defense of Iran’s possible development and deployment of medium and short-range missiles

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/index/ ... pment.html

"While ballistic missiles like the one ALTB destroyed move at speeds of about 4,000 miles per hour (mph), they are no match for a super-heated, high-energy laser beam racing towards it at 670 million mph," a Northrop Grumman official says of the landmark event. "The basketball-sized beam was focused on the foreign military asset, as the missile is called officially, for only a few seconds before a stress fracture developed, causing the target to catastrophically split into multiple pieces."

During the tests, Paveway II Plus systems were launched from altitudes ranging from 10,000 to 30,000 feet against a 24-by-24-foot billboard target at a 45-degree angle. "Two [Guided Bomb Unit] GBU-10s and four GBU-12s equipped with MAU-209C/B computer control groups were released from a pair of F-16D Viper jet aircraft from Eglin’s 40th Flight Test Squadron," explains a Lockheed Martin spokesperson. "Each initiated laser acquisition at the expected time and guided to the intended target."

Paveway II laser-guided bomb guidance kits increase weapon accuracy, reducing risk to U.S. and allied ground forces by converting gravity weapons into precision-guided munitions. A computer control group serves as the LGBs front-end guidance system, while an air foil group with stability fins on the back of each weapon delivers lift and aerodynamic stability for in-flight maneuvering.

I bet watching some of the advanced tests would probably be a phenomenal experience, particularly at night?

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Next

Google

Return to UFOs