Crop Circles

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Crop Circles

Postby jjflash » Thu May 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Hello, all -

Over the past month I made a series of posts about crop circles that may be viewed at the link below. Comments and discussion would be appreciated as time and attention allow.

http://ufotrail.blogspot.com/
jjflash

Re: Crop Circles

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Thu May 05, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi jflash.

my honest opinion is that they are all manmade, either for hoax purposes, money making purposes, fun or even for art...

i watched an excellent documentary about them last year which basically debunked all the dodgy science etc used by the pro ufo/crop circle claimants, i will try and find it later and posts links when i get time.

one last point, isn't it strange/coincidental that many places organize crop circle viewing events and sell tickets for the day including helicopter rides etc even before any crop circles have appeared?........ even stranger/coincidental that circles seem to magically appear in the area of these pre planned money making events.....

edit to add) on that site there are many links to colin andrews.... well just a point to make, this guy doesn't have much credibility in my eyes, he is or was a supporter of known hoaxers wayne herschel and judy faltskog, his name came up a few times during my investigations of those people.... that stupid alien face crop circle and bs story was also used by them to add credence to their claims along with the bs conspiracy theory over that IT guy (whos name escapes me at mo) that (supposedly) decoded the (supposed) alien binary.

i cant remember all the details, but i will look it all up and post links if im required to do so?.

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby jjflash » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

RICH-ENGLAND wrote:Hi jflash.

my honest opinion is that they are all manmade, either for hoax purposes, money making purposes, fun or even for art...

Hi, Rich -

You may be right. I am just not so quickly convinced that your list conclusively covered all of the man made explanations.
jjflash

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Well for one thing, I don't think any crop circles can be attributed to aliens, other dimensional entities or anything of that nature.
I've met John Lundberg and Mark Pilkington on a number of occasions, and if you really want to know where the majority of these crop circles come from, talk to John ;)

You would be very surprised if you knew the reason behind some of them, very surprised indeed!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Fri May 06, 2011 9:17 pm

jjflash wrote:

Hi, Rich -

You may be right. I am just not so quickly convinced that your list conclusively covered all of the man made explanations.

ah yes, really i should have said that i don't believe they are of alien or supernatural origin!. lol.

again im a little busy at mo but when ive got time i will track down a few links etc to back up what ive said, it will be time consuming and i need a few spare hours.

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby jjflash » Sat May 07, 2011 2:58 pm

To maybe be a bit more clear, Rich, I do not suspect that any previously discovered downed plants, geometric or non-geometric in shape, will ever prove to be the doings of any kind of non-human intelligence. I just do not think so.

Feel free to provide links to support your perspectives if you desire to do so, but please do not feel a need to do it on my account. There is no argument here that very complex formations can be created by quite human beings within a single night. I am well aware this is a verified fact.

I think further research is justified that some formations may be related to military weapons testing and the perfection of propaganda techniques. Vallee, among others, subscribe to this hypothesis and I went into it in more detail in the previously provided link. Again, I am not suggesting a conclusion, but currently believe more research is justified.

Zep Tepi wrote:Well for one thing, I don't think any crop circles can be attributed to aliens, other dimensional entities or anything of that nature.
I've met John Lundberg and Mark Pilkington on a number of occasions, and if you really want to know where the majority of these crop circles come from, talk to John ;)

You would be very surprised if you knew the reason behind some of them, very surprised indeed!

Cheers,
Steve

I was just recently reading an RU thread in which you were discussing Lundberg and Pilkington, Steve. I indeed find this interesting.
jjflash

Postby Puppetburglar » Sat May 07, 2011 7:09 pm

I was just recently reading an RU thread in which you were discussing Lundberg and Pilkington, Steve. I indeed find this interesting.[/quote]

Where is this thread?
God is a comedian performing for an audience too afraid to laugh

Voltaire
Puppetburglar
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby jjflash » Sat May 07, 2011 7:26 pm

jjflash

Postby ryguy » Mon May 09, 2011 2:24 pm

jjflash wrote:I think further research is justified that some formations may be related to military weapons testing and the perfection of propaganda techniques. Vallee, among others, subscribe to this hypothesis and I went into it in more detail in the previously provided link. Again, I am not suggesting a conclusion, but currently believe more research is justified.

I agree with this 100%. This is the direction that I've personally been headed, and more research in that area is definitely justified. Thing is - on the one hand you're dealing with the ETH believers at one extreme, and then the "black project cabal controls everything" extreme at the other end. It makes wading through those dark waters very difficult. There's just so much madness on one side, and so much extreme (and justified) skepticism at the other. Trying to identify the truth becomes an effort in simple keeping a fine balance in the middle and sort of ignoring both sides as you diligently pick your way toward the truth.

I was just recently reading an RU thread in which you were discussing Lundberg and Pilkington, Steve. I indeed find this interesting.

Steve was also interviewed and made some pretty cool comments, although I haven't even had a chance to read the book yet (unlike Steve, I didn't get a complimentary copy!!). I hope to get a chance to read it at some point soon!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby DrDil » Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 pm

<snip>

edit to add) on that site there are many links to colin andrews.... well just a point to make, this guy doesn't have much credibility in my eyes, he is or was a supporter of known hoaxers wayne herschel and judy faltskog, his name came up a few times during my investigations of those people.... that stupid alien face crop circle and bs story was also used by them to add credence to their claims along with the bs conspiracy theory over that IT guy (whos name escapes me at mo) that (supposedly) decoded the (supposed) alien binary.

i cant remember all the details, but i will look it all up and post links if im required to do so?.

thanks

rich

One aspect of the alien/binary circle that is oft (intentionally?) overlooked was Silva’s discovery of a positively man-made device within the formation, forgive the watermark as I originally posted this to another site a while back:
It’s not geometrically perfect by a long shot, there’s an error in the binary code that means one of the words is indecipherable & so doesn’t work and are you aware that CC researcher Freddy Silva found the following device in the formation on the morning after it was first reported.

John probably dropped it….. Image

And for what it’s worth Vallee went down (only slightly) in my estimations after reading his CC & military related article on *BoingBoing* last year, I think every remotely complex geometric pattern is man-made with only those resembling Tully’s saucer nests being non-man-made as I think these are most likely a result of a legitimate meteorological phenomenon.

Cheers.
DrDil
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue May 10, 2011 6:56 am

jjflash wrote:I think further research is justified that some formations may be related to military weapons testing and the perfection of propaganda techniques.

Aren't most (like 90%) in the UK? Are their “they” in on it too? Or are the only “real” ones the 10% found elsewhere? Is it not possible for any of the admitted circle makers to ever have been in another country or for any copycats to exist?

jjflash wrote:Vallee, among others, subscribe to this hypothesis…

Of course he does... I don’t think he’s ever met a hypothesis he didn’t like at one time or another. However, as usual, like his "interdimensional" or whatever alien "hypothesis", it reflects a fundamental ignorance of physics.

Directed energy weapons do just that, direct energy... as much as possible to whatever it’s directed at to maximize damage as fast as possible because most likely, the (not easily penetrated) target and/or the source is moving rapidly. This means the beam diameter needs to be as small (as close to a point) as possible by the time it reaches the target… otherwise you would be better off using a conventional kinetic energy or explosive weapon.

In other words, a directed energy weapon would be the last thing you would want to try and make a crop circle with. It would be like trying to paint a house with a toothpick… or a nail gun for lack of a better analogy.

Anyway, I moved this thread to the UFO forum as it seems more appropriate… although I must admit it’s tempting to put it in the Famous Hoaxes forum. :)

AD
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue May 10, 2011 10:00 am

I know for a fact that the majority of circles made by John and friends are not in the UK. They have been all over the world creating them, never at their own expense ;)

The crop-circle making industry started in the UK and has since been copied by many. I personally find it very odd that people would think anything other than humans -and in certain situations weather conditions - are responsible for their creation.

If the patterns and designs were being created in concrete or steel, I would be seriously impressed. This is corn for pete's sake!

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby jjflash » Tue May 10, 2011 2:46 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:You would be very surprised if you knew the reason behind some of them, very surprised indeed!

Zep Tepi wrote:I know for a fact that the majority of circles made by John and friends are not in the UK. They have been all over the world creating them, never at their own expense ;)

Would you please elaborate on those statements? Thank you, Steve.
jjflash

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue May 10, 2011 3:12 pm

I won't name any names, but certain organisations, businesses, media outlets etc. have paid for their services. I'll ask John if I can give a little bit more information, but as far as I know, some of those organisations don't actually want it known that they have sponsored the making of crop circles.

Sorry to be so cryptic, especially so after giving a couple of teasers, but if I said anything more I would be betraying confidences.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Tue May 10, 2011 4:30 pm

im not surprised at all! lol.

money making schemes........ stories sell papers, advertising etc etc

thanks

rich
RICH-ENGLAND