NBC DFW Traffic Camera UFO

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

NBC DFW Traffic Camera UFO

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 pm

The following story is doing the rounds at the moment and generating a fair bit of discussion.
The video reminds me a little of the famous NASA "UFO" which I think was caused by ice crystals.

Without properly analysing it, I immediately thought it may be a bug or something along those lines. When slowed down, the object seems to straighten out a little before "hitting land" and then changes direction upwards.

Thoughts?

Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Re: NBC DFW Traffic Camera UFO

Postby astrophotographer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 pm

WHen I first saw it, I said meteor. However, after seeing that it changes direction, I would suspect it was a bug that was illuminated by the lights and momentarily went into shadow. I have seen simliar results in my meteor camera.
astrophotographer
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

It's a passenger on a new invisible roller-coaster ride at a new invisible theme park that's just opened. :P

Actually, I've seen this posted elsewhere as well recently and thought of an insect in flight as as well. Having looked at it a few more times though I'm thinking it could be a bat that's been lit up by the lights on the skycam blimp (that's if it IS situated on a blimp but if it is I would imagine it has lights.)
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 pm

From reading on one of the NBC links, the camera is on top of a tower.
Sec, I'll get the link...

Here it is:
What the... Was That?
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Smersh » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:From reading on one of the NBC links, the camera is on top of a tower.
Sec, I'll get the link...

Here it is:
What the... Was That?

Hmmm ... seeing as NBC have posted it on one of their websites, it wouldn't by any chance be a CGI hoax by NBC themselves to give themselves some viral publicity would it?

Well, maybe not as I guess they would soon be rumbled and be left looking pretty stupid. If the tower has lights that could illuminate a flying object like that then the insect / bat / owl theory seems to the most likely to me.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby LCARS24 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:27 am

Meaningless piece of crap of better quality than most of the crap going around, like the recent London video that the average person can assume is a hoax, while only perhaps 1% who see it know it's a proven hoax. The same goes for the recently admitted hoaxed triangle photo and other photos that have been around for decades and are still shown even after the sources admitted to hoaxing. You just can't expect the public to keep up with all the details.

This footage, whether it's of a real ETC or a moth, doesn't mean anything. It just helps feed the smokescreen.

During a flight to Hawaii in March 1952 a plane carrying then-Navy Secretary Dan Kimball was buzzed by a UFO. Kimball's pilot radioed a second Navy plane some distance behind and was told that the UFO had just buzzed that plane, as well.

http://www.nicap.org/hawaii.htm

We know there have been thousands of such cases, not all which can be written off as misidentification, yet we're still flooded with so much garbage that any counterintelligence agents charged with putting out disinformation can perhaps sit back and laugh wihle hoaxers do 99% of the work.
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
LCARS24
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to UFOs