Contacted by a Reporter

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Contacted by a Reporter

Postby Tim Hebert » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 am

Thought this might interest some on the forum. I recently was contacted via email by a reporter in New York doing research on those who served on missile crews back in the 1980s. He had come across my blog and wanted to talk with me. Earlier this morning, I had a long chat with this fellow, and it seemed that he was more interested in the haunted missile site stories. We had briefly talked about the UFO angle and how I came to be interested in the subject. This naturally led to a discussion about Robert Hastings. After briefly explaining the Malmstrom story, the reporter decided that he wasn't interested in the UFO component. I went on talk about the Titan II fiascoes at Searcy and Damascus, Arkansas. This seemed to interest him more and I provided contact information concerning how to get in touch with former Titan crew members. All said, it was a good conversation.
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: Contacted by a Reporter

Postby James Carlson » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am

I meant to respond a while ago. but I contracted a really nasty little virus, and only got discharged from the hospital this afternoon. In any case, a reporter's interest is always a great thing as far as I'm concerned; it means your interests and how you've presented them are interesting and unique enough to deserve further discussion and possible enhancement. =D>

I've reached the conclusion that, in regard to one's theoretical assessments of actual events, no publicity is bad publicity. It's just another way to distribute your thoughts. The opinion of journalists is almost irrelevant (in my opinion). So long as your thoughts are being further disseminated, others who encounter them will have to measure their worth alone. In your case, I think most would agree with your conclusions in (or about) the field, so congratulations for that.

One question: do you think you'll be further fleshing out the ideas you first presented in your articles at http://timhebert.blogspot.com/2011/12/h ... klore.html ; http://timhebert.blogspot.com/2012/01/t ... eally.html ; and http://timhebert.blogspot.com/2011/12/i ... ences.html? I would sincerely look forward to it.
James Carlson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Re: Contacted by a Reporter

Postby Tim Hebert » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:06 am

James, sorry to hear that you've been ill. Did you get the flu vaccine? There's some nasty stuff circulating this time of year.

As far as the reporter, he was only interested in "earth shattering" events at the launch sites. He was somewhat deflated when I explained that most, if not all, Minuteman alerts were boring. He stated that other former launch officers relayed the same thing.

As far as expanding on other themes/theories, I don't know yet. I've come to the end of the line as far as the UFO story as it usually becomes a circular argument that's basically in repeat mode. Right now, I'm taking some time off of the circuit and devoting time to other hobbies and interest, but we'll see how long that is. The blog site is doing rather well and I monitor it at least once a day.

Stay healthy!

Tim
Tim Hebert
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Google

Return to UFOs