Who here?

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby Hidden Hand » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:02 pm

dragonfire wrote:I think everyone would like to hear your "unbelieveable" tale. I would.

More like "tales"..

I already posted my shadow entity experiences elsewhere on RU (IIRC, on the "Experiences" forum). And that's as much as I really feel like sharing with complete strangers for the time being. (Largely because I end up feeling like I have to explain every bit of background - they end up turning into mini-novels.)

-------------------------------

http://www.gocreate.com/QuotAmaze/qphi.htm
"The more you know, the more you know you don't know."
--Aristotle

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=Socrates
"Socrates is known to have said frequently that the wisest man is the man that knows he is not wise. Following his own words, Socrates always claimed to know nothing. He did not, however, deny the fact that a man could obtain wisdom; whenever he heard of such a man he would rush up to him and discourse to find out the root of his wisdom. After Socrates would debate with these so called men of wisdom he would find that they had no more wisdom than anybody else. Socrates would always end up as the wiser person, because he at least recognized that he knew nothing."
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:33 pm

Well Hidden Hand I read your complete post and have come to the same conclusion as I always have.
If I ever did see and make complete contact with an off planet culture I would keep it to myself.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Hidden Hand wrote:.. If you believe that is "throwing people to the wolves" - so be it, I guess ..

And I'd love to hear what YOUR criteria is ..

I think the bottom line for me comes in your statement: "I guess in a huge way it will come down to faith .."

I don't particularly feel like faith is a good basis for decision making.

That said - I still maintain that UFO and contact reports ARE important - which is probably the main reason that I wouldn't "feed you to the wolves"..

Without faith you have nothing.
You couldn't even get out of bed in the morning without faith.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Hidden Hand » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:37 pm

LOL - so what is your solution?

re: "without faith we have nothing".. couldn't disagree more - again, if you want to know why I say that read Popper's Logic of Scientific Discovery and Conjectures and Refutations (unfortunately there is no easy way to condense many hundreds of pages down to a little post for you.)

PS - I'm glad you've made up your mind - because if you read & understood my post, I haven't..
Is this a private fight, or can anyone join in?
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:16 pm

Hidden Hand wrote:LOL - so what is your solution?

re: "without faith we have nothing".. couldn't disagree more - again, if you want to know why I say that read Popper's Logic of Scientific Discovery and Conjectures and Refutations (unfortunately there is no easy way to condense many hundreds of pages down to a little post for you.)

PS - I'm glad you've made up your mind - because if you read & understood my post, I haven't..

Hidden Hand I don't have a solution, same as yourself.
By reading your post I can tell you love nick picking every single word a person says. Know matter what I say you will break it down into whatever you wish it to be.

I can tell we both are much different in our faiths, non-faiths, or belief systems, so I think it's best to leave it as is. I'm just not up to turning this into a debate, don't have the time or the desire.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs