UFO over O'Hare International Airport??

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby cartoonsyndicate » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:52 am

Springer,

ATS has become a touchstone in disclosure. Everyone concerned with truth appreciates this.

Best,

Kim
amidst the growing ripples and wiry bamboos, broken in youth like the teeth of a mutant.. Afterburn, ca 1978
User avatar
cartoonsyndicate
Suspended
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 12:10 pm
Location: The Borg


Postby Max » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:25 am

cartoonsyndicate wrote:
Quick Question (to all):
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? How would be the first way this would effect you?


Go to work?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I'd be glued to the tv sets (plural) listening to the talking heads say the same inane things over and over again trying to hear whatever real little bit of information was available!
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
User avatar
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Postby Serpentime » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:48 am

Hydden wrote:Quick Question (to all):
Out of curiousity, if there were a mass hovering/landing that happened around the world tomorrow, would you go to work the next day? How would be the first way this would effect you?


That’s an excellent question (IMHO).

Personally, I think that such an event could upstage, or even disrupt, my work. ;)

Like Max, I would probably be too busy watching the international news coverage – and the world’s reaction to the events – to accomplish anything meaningful.

Philosophically speaking, my main impression would be this:


Novus Ordo Seclorum


{or, “A New Order of the Ages”…}



Which brings me back to the Hawaii sighting…

Even though the video download wouldn’t work for me, I did see the “contrail” footage on both Fox News Channel and CNN last night – which makes this the second intriguing UFO incident to air on national news networks this month. :shock:

As for the phenomenon itself, nothing that I saw really screamed out (((Aliens))). All that was visible to me (in the clips that were shown) was a short contrail that seemed to begin at a fixed point and expand briefly…

Frankly, I thought first of a missile plume – or even a re-entry vehicle of some sort – but neither explanation seemed to match the fine details of the phenomenon that was videotaped, I thought.

On second examination, the apparent motion of the object(s) almost reminded me of two videotapes {New Hampshire 2005 (?) England pre-2000(?)} where a cylindrical-looking object suddenly expanded against a clear-blue sky like Luke Skywalker drawing his Lightsaber (LOL)…

The Hawaiian object(s) could certainly be terrestrial in origin - for all I know at this point - but whatever they were, they appeared much less like airplanes to my reckoning than something else all together (?). The cylindrical-looking objects in the other videos looked more like solid objects than the Hawaiian “contrails” did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I now see that Peter Davenport is discounting the cell-phone pictures:

VirtuallyStrange.net

Another poster seems to think that there is a visual anomaly in the first picture, and then Davenport claims that one of the eyewitnesses disagrees with the appearance of the object.


Then again, the “Taxi Mechanic”:

…observed a dark gray hazy round object hovering over OHare Intl Airport.


…which sounds like a very close description of the object in the pictures (?).

He also stated:

…It was definately over the C Terminal. It was holding very steady and appeared to be trying to stay close to the cloud cover.


…which also appears generally consistent with the images (?).

And when the “Taxi Mechanic” was interviewed on CNN, he identified the artist’s drawing on This Page as an accurate representation of what he had seen.

And that sketch seemed to match the cell phone images, also (?).



The mystery deepens, I suppose? ;)


Serpentime
"Life's fantasy... To be locked away, and still to think you're free."

-- Ronnie Dio
User avatar
Serpentime
Valued Contributor
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 6:38 pm
Location: The Tree of Knowledge

Postby serponaut » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 pm

There is plenty going on investigation wise (below). It will come down to how the information is distilled. In some cases it may be the same info from the same sources but presented by different researchers in their "own little way". If the presenters can keep the psi (and I mean the pressure type psi :D ) on their egos under control, who knows?

There does appear to be a more public quickening of late.

Quoted from Don Ledger at UFO Updates.

From: Don Ledger <dledger.nul>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:16:00 -0400
Fwd Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:39:41 -0500
Subject: Re: LMH Site On O'Hare UFO - Ledger

In reply to:

snip
>From: Michael Stimson <Michael001.nul>
>To: <ufoupdates.nul>
>Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:13:48 -0000
>Subject: Re: LMH Site On O'Hare UFO

>I give it two weeks at most until people go back to the comfort
>of discussing cases which allegedly occurred at least 40 years
>ago.

>The technology is here to get evidence right now, but UFOs are
>assumed to be an American phenomenon as quoted above.

>There is no focus, or determination on the part of most people
>to do anything. People like talking, but taking action is a
>different matter. It's easier to pass opinions on Roswell than
>it is to say 'Right. We have O'Hare and we have photos. What's
>the story?'


There is plenty of action, Michael. You haven't been paying
attention.

The photos are bogus; a waste of time and a diversion.

I've been peripherally involved since November 7. I'm
contributing to NARCAP with a larger role in the works. I spoke
about it twice on SDI over the last few weeks. You should know
that there is a great deal of work being done on this event.

One member of this List has done a tremendous job of collating
ORD [O'Hare] radar information for NARCAP.

Other members have contributed their time as well.

Sight-lines are being worked out, FOIA requests have been
issued, witnesses have been interviewed, etc.

Just because the study is not visible doesn't mean that the
investigation is dead. A report will be forthcoming.

It should not be forgotten that Peter Davenport has been working
dilligently on this event from the getgo when it showed up at
NUFORC.

There's nothing stopping yourself from getting involved on your
own, BTW.


Don Ledger
serponaut
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:09 pm

Re: UFO over O'Hare International Airport??

Postby lost_shaman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:39 am

[Mod Edit: this post was moved from the Alleged O'Hare UFO Photo Reveals Possible ATS Hoax thread]


Access Denied wrote:Actually I think you’re both right… Seth is correct in that the Tribune article “broke” the story nationwide but Torbjon is partially correct in that interest pretty much died again until ATS became “involved” in the event.


Other forums tended to maintain activeity IMO while the ATS thread may have died down somewhat. Personally I was more actice in other forums discussing 'O'Hare' during January than I was on ATS.




Access Denied wrote:We see this pattern repeated over and over again in UFOlogy … the only reason the story gained any attention in the first place was the “conspiracy theory” put forth by “investigators” that the alleged event was somehow suppressed by the FAA and Untied Airlines.


That's an easy speculation to make isn't it AD? After the fact. I mean if it wasn't a CT, but a real event, then the FAA would have to investigate the 'event' right? (By Law.) Which of course after the fact, never happened as we now know.

And of course had the FAA publically investigated that would have broken what, 50-60+ (?) years of traditional non-investigative tradition.

How about this AD, let's uncover some reality...

Considering that the U.K.'s MOD paid for a report that clearly states UAP are a Global Phenomena and a 'slight' threat to Military and Commercial aviation", does it bother you that the FAA has never investigated a case it determined to be a 'UAP'?


Access Denied wrote: When that turned out not to be true (the truth is officials saw no reason for concern) the mainstream lost interest… no doubt also due in part to the anonymity of the alleged witnesses and the lack of any corroborating evidence in the form of independent witnesses (all of the alleged witnesses worked for United and, according to the NARCAP report, at least four of them knew each other prior to the “event”) or photographs.


Wow! Do you actually mean that Co-Workers ACTUALLY knew each other? How on Earth could that happen?!

Also when you say "the mainstream lost interest…", do you mean to suggest that the "mainstream" should still be covering this 'event' to-date or should it have been covered for a longer amount of time in your opinion or what?


Access Denied wrote:Enter ATS to the “rescue”…

lost_shaman wrote:However, not everything is always as it seems. It appears that Peter Davenport may have broke an agreement w/ NARCAP to keep the "O'Hare" sighting under wraps by posting 'eye-witness' observations on the Front page of his NUFORC website days after the 'event'. Davenport then posted an update one month later. NARCAP and Davenport both felt this was a Major case, likely the reason Davenport decided to 'leak' the story.

Not true according to Richard Haines of NARCAP…



[from the NARCAP report]

To set the record straight, Peter Davenport, Director of the National UFO Reporting Center, who had received the original witness reports contacted the senior editor [Richard Haines] on the evening of November 7, 2006 because it appeared that this event might have aviation safety implications. He waited until November 14, 2006 before putting the witness reports on the NUFORC website so that NARCAP could obtain further important data. In addition to other historical facts given elsewhere it can be mentioned that, after Davenport had discussed the sightings on the Coast-to-Coast radio program (November 15, 2006) and on the Jeff Rense Radio Program (December 12, 2006), he eventually contacted the Chicago Tribune to find out if they knew about the incident and whether they were interested in investigating it. And so this deliberately planned delay was intended to help NARCAP obtain as much first hand information as possible before press coverage, and the subsequent airline response to this publicity, would take its toll on witness cooperation.

Are you saying Haines lied?


O.k. Look that sounds to me like a nice way to frame what actually happened.

Are you saying that NARCAP (REALLY) only asked Davenport for a 5-6 day window to talk to all the witnesses before Davenport was free to take the "toll on witness cooperation" that the "publicity" would have assured?

Or is it really that Davenport 'felt' he had the lead on the UFO event of the year and despite an agreement to let NARCAP investigate 'quietly' he decided to go forward and 'leak' the event on the Front Page of his NUFORC website?
User avatar
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:56 am

Re: UFO over O'Hare International Airport??

Postby Access Denied » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:07 am

lost_shaman wrote:That's an easy speculation to make isn't it AD? After the fact. I mean if it wasn't a CT, but a real event, then the FAA would have to investigate the 'event' right? (By Law.) Which of course after the fact, never happened as we now know.

And of course had the FAA publically investigated that would have broken what, 50-60+ (?) years of traditional non-investigative tradition.

The problem with most (if not all) UFOlogists is they seem to think they’re smarter than everybody else… as if they know what REALLY happened and what SHOULD be "investigated". Guess what? They aren’t… and they don’t.

lost_shaman wrote:How about this AD, let's uncover some reality...

Considering that the U.K.'s MOD paid for a report that clearly states UAP are a Global Phenomena and a 'slight' threat to Military and Commercial aviation", does it bother you that the FAA has never investigated a case it determined to be a 'UAP'?

No, you’re grossly exaggerating the “threat”. Also, what cases has the FAA determined to be “UAP”?

lost_shaman wrote:Wow! Do you actually mean that Co-Workers ACTUALLY knew each other? How on Earth could that happen?!

What part of “independent witnesses” did you not understand?

lost_shaman wrote:Also when you say "the mainstream lost interest…", do you mean to suggest that the "mainstream" should still be covering this 'event' to-date or should it have been covered for a longer amount of time in your opinion or what?

I wasn’t suggesting anything but now that you mention it I think it got WAY more than attention than it deserved… and so did the mainstream apparently.

lost_shaman wrote:Are you saying that NARCAP (REALLY) only asked Davenport for a 5-6 day window to talk to all the witnesses before Davenport was free to take the "toll on witness cooperation" that the "publicity" would have assured?

How the hell would I know? I don’t trust either one of them.

lost_shaman wrote:Or is it really that Davenport 'felt' he had the lead on the UFO event of the year and despite an agreement to let NARCAP investigate 'quietly' he decided to go forward and 'leak' the event on the Front Page of his NUFORC website?

I don’t know, you tell me.

By the way, I don’t believe UFO witnesses need to be protected from the public… I believe they need to be protected from UFOlogists and UFO nuts.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
User avatar
Access Denied
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 2740
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:32 am
Location: [redacted]

Re: UFO over O'Hare International Airport??

Postby lost_shaman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:07 am

Access Denied wrote:No, you’re grossly exaggerating the “threat”.


No, I'm not. The MoD's Condign report said that UAP pose a slight threat and I simply stated that was what the report said. How is that "grossly exaggerating"?

Access Denied wrote:Also, what cases has the FAA determined to be “UAP”?


None to my knowledge, that was my point. I asked if that bothered you?

Access Denied wrote:
lost_shaman wrote:Wow! Do you actually mean that Co-Workers ACTUALLY knew each other? How on Earth could that happen?!

What part of “independent witnesses” did you not understand?


What I don't follow is your logic.

Under the assumption that there was something to see over the United Terminal it makes sense that United employees made observations especially considering that they were in Radio communication on the United frequencies which many United employees would have been monitoring.

You think Ufologists are "Woo woo's"! LOL! You seem to be lamenting on the Fact that the observers who came forward were United employees and four of them knew each other before the 'event'!

Can you say? "Hello, 'Woo'!", AD? =P~

Access Denied wrote:
lost_shaman wrote:Also when you say "the mainstream lost interest…", do you mean to suggest that the "mainstream" should still be covering this 'event' to-date or should it have been covered for a longer amount of time in your opinion or what?

I wasn’t suggesting anything but now that you mention it I think it got WAY more than attention than it deserved… and so did the mainstream apparently.


Well, that doesn't surprise me coming from a person who likes to quote the "Klass curse". :roll:


Access Denied wrote:
lost_shaman wrote:Are you saying that NARCAP (REALLY) only asked Davenport for a 5-6 day window to talk to all the witnesses before Davenport was free to take the "toll on witness cooperation" that the "publicity" would have assured?

How the hell would I know? I don’t trust either one of them.


I too often ask myself, "How the hell would (AD) know?"!

As for 'trust', I didn't think you 'trusted' anyone except Tim Printy.

Access Denied wrote:
lost_shaman wrote:Or is it really that Davenport 'felt' he had the lead on the UFO event of the year and despite an agreement to let NARCAP investigate 'quietly' he decided to go forward and 'leak' the event on the Front Page of his NUFORC website?

I don’t know, you tell me.


Well, that's what I'm telling you! I think the above is more or less what happened. IIRC, Ted Roe posting as arc2 stated as much on SDC. (I'll look for the reference this weekend if given the time.)

Access Denied wrote:By the way, I don’t believe UFO witnesses need to be protected from the public… I believe they need to be protected from UFOlogists and UFO nuts.


Well there is certainly nothing other than "logic" in this post protecting United employees, as 'witnesses', from you!
User avatar
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:56 am

Re: UFO over O'Hare International Airport??

Postby lost_shaman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:16 am

Here's Ted Roe posting on SDC as arc2 discussing what happened with Davenport.

NARCAP report on OHare UAP is online...

The OHare investigation was very interesting from several points of view. I felt it was instructional in demonstrating how UFOlogy can be its own worst enemy. When the case was given to us, Peter Davenport gave us a couple of days and then went to the media. Then he got ahold of the Chicago Tribune and they wrote and article that came out in late December. The result was that witnesses and facilities were inundated with calls, media, etc. Witnesses were intimidated, hoaxes and frauds related to the sighting cropped up, etc.

If we had been allowed to do the case our way, we wouldn't have told anyone until we were finished and the witnesses were de-identified.


And... (emphasis mine)

While I rail against Peter Davenport and NUFORCs judgement in releasing this matter to the public, I have to give him base credit for telling us about the case. I just wish he understood that by bringing everyone else into the situation, he hurt the investigation and our image. I have told him as much though I doubt he understands my position. I really don't have a choice if I intend to keep us moving forward.
User avatar
lost_shaman
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:56 am

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron