dan smith

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:49 pm

FYI: We turned our Stanley Cup victory party into a cross-purpose event... and so we renamed it our "Stanley Hilton party". :)

Dan wrote:I am going to have to convince a handful of you that immaterialism is the only way to connect any dots at all. That it is the only way to make even one particle of sense out of this whole world.

In the domain of immaterialism, Dan, there are no dots... there are no particles! :shock:

Godel and I just had breakfast, and he approves of this statement! ;)

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dan » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:59 pm

Ray,

You're right, there are no dots, there are only circles and cycles and archetypes, i.e. AZO/X/QRP, q.v.

And, yes, Godel had a very ouroboric view of math and logic......

Dan
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Max » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:06 pm

LOL!! Dan, you "forgot" to print the best part!! (over "there") Lol!
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:02 am

The clock is ticking...

This should be interesting!

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Max » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:04 pm

Oh, my goodness.

Now according to Dan, these are tied in to the phenomenon:

* Jan '68 Pueblo incident
* Mar '68 sinking of Russian sub (K-129) in the Pacific
* May '68 sinking of Scorpion in the Atlantic

Moreover.....

"""If anyone in the world wants to look behind the curtain, it would not be too dificult for them to find out or figure out where to go. What better or more obvious place than OMF? And if they want to play in the mud.....they can just mosey on over to RU. Couldn't be more convenient."""

And....

"""But before rehashing that, it is equally obvious, that I am going to lose my bet with Max over at RU. So I should be eating my hat and folding my tent here.

Maybe the people at RU will let me come back, with my tail between my legs........and they would say it was all there was anyway. Fore and Epo could join the roasting over there.

I gather that JR might well approve of that rearrangement.""""
View my Blog

Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:07 am

http://bestpossibleworld.com/nexu69.htm

[6/15]

"It’s been almost a month since my last posting here on the blog. In the meantime I’ve been hanging out over at the OM and RU forums.

We, R&D, seem to be coming to the end of a 5 month activity cycle that began with CK announcing a ‘repositioning’ back in January, and culminating with the posting of Gus’s article, ‘The Real ‘X-Files’: Is Uncle Sam a Closet UFOlogist?’ on Tuesday.

The highlight of the article was Gus’s interview with CR, which happened a couple of weeks ago. CR evinced a nervousness about that interview, which did contain some provocative references to his interactions with other officials, as previously noted here. CK’s nervousness was the sign that any prospect of a disclosure party was off the table. The interview was played down, with the exception of CR’s diagnosis of mental instability, particularly on the part of ‘fully involved’ ufologists.

Sorry, folks, the party’s over!

What now, my friends?

Was disclosure ever even a prospect in these past months? Was there any rhyme or reason for this latest fire-drill? We’re not likely to ever know the answers.

Where does this leave the BPWH? The upshot of CK’s bout of ‘nervousness’ is that my blogging of it is most like to be confined here for the foreseeable future. It was an uphill struggle to sell the BPWH to ufologists. I’ll doubt that I’ll have a better shot at it than what was provided in the past few months. The prospect of any better audience is dim at this point.

Am I giving up too easily? I’m not entirely giving up, simply retrenching. Perhaps it is time to let someone else try their hand at an R&D-type show.

How close did I come to even getting one person to seriously consider the BPWH? I may never know. There was a definite problem with an already limited attention span being further attenuated by the radical nature of the hypothesis itself. As I strongly suspected almost 25 years ago, it would take nearly the equivalent of a Presidential Decree to have any serious attention given to the BPWH.

My last effort at OMF was to convey the idea that the BPW would necessarily be finite, especially in regard to the number of ‘souls’. Even with this modest proposal, did I not only encounter surprise, but even downright hostility. And in none of those reactions was I even able to find a toe-hold for a further discussion. And I still don’t get it?

I simply don’t understand the thickness of the stonewall that separates the modern mind from even the mildest aspect of pre-modern philosophy. I’m doubting that even a Presidential Decree would make a dent in that wall. Quite possibly it is because I underestimate the magnitude of the impression that Sophia made upon me, so I don’t appreciate how much is required to move a person to think outside the box of materialism and dualism.

The modern mind simply cannot conceive of a Theo-centric cosmos."

Dan,

Disclosure of the alien kind was never on the table to begin with…but people ARE moving forward with ‘revelation’.

>>Quite possibly it is because I underestimate the magnitude of the impression that Sophia made upon me, so I don’t appreciate how much is required to move a person to think outside the box of materialism and dualism.<<

In fact you either underestimate or are blind to the fact that many people around you easily and readily grasp the concepts and were doing so long before they met Dan Smith. You are touting the BPWH as TOE and your mistake was using the 'Alien visitations' as the launching leaver IMHO…but Dan, you’re still in play within the revelations court. Don’t give up the ‘ghost’ just yet.
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:29 pm

OK, thanks................
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Max » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:32 am

Hi dan!

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

Did you fold your tent at OM yet? Or are you going to renege on our bet? :D
View my Blog

Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:24 am

What would you like me to do, Max?
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Max » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:54 am

I'm just kidding with you, Dan. We love you here at RU, but I understand you have to do your missionary thing with the heathens on the other side. Good luck.
View my Blog

Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:00 am

Luck? No......Don't we all wish to realize our potential? That should not require luck. It should only require understanding.
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Max » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:05 am

Right you are. But when you're lying in a trench and you can hear the bullets whistling over your head, the old saying of "i"d rather be lucky than good" often comes to mind.
View my Blog

Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Posted to OM today by Dan

cont.)

And so, hearing no objections, let us proceed.

The next issue to address is the thorny, quantitative issue. The biggest part of that is simply finitude vs. infinitude.
It is at just this point that the going gets tough, and the tough get going.

I’m listening to two of the trailers of ‘One’, the movie mentioned above: ‘Describe God’, ‘Jesus’. The unstated assumption among all the many participants is that God is the Ultimate and the One. Most go on to say that God is indescribable and unknowable. Many atheists might well agree with this ‘via negativa’.

It would directly follow that if there is indeed anything answering to our notion of God, that something must be infinite. Given an infinite Creator, then surely Creation would also be infinite.

Why, in God’s name, should the BPWH choose to confront this nearly global consensus? You can believe me that this choice was not made casually.

Dan,

It’s at this point that Information Theory kicks in….closed loops of information as apposed to open loops. I’m hoping Ray might expound on that?
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:43 pm

And so do I.
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:19 pm

dan wrote:And so do I.

What did you have in mind, Dan? You had earlier stated your wish to engage me in some of the concepts explained on my website. In fact, Caryn even started a new thread here. But I've seen nothing.

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to UFOs