This Guy Has Explanation For California Gizmos

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby Springer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:50 am

ryguy wrote:Wow...ok they appear to have used something like VSB - Visually Significant 2d Barcoding. It's a method of encoding a massive amount of data into a small space, like an image. You can encapsulate data into pixel patterns, or image patterns...and this one is huge. It would be based on an encoding formula, which would take ages (with a computer, or a genius) to figure out... If that's what this is.

Did I mention I'm becoming very impressed?

-Ry

Ummm, Maya 3D...

That's all it really is. Run the render through photoshop to degrade it "just enough" and the hair/lint and you're done. ;)

mark...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby jazzed2bhere » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 am

Scarz,

You know, I agree with you. I think most ambiguous technical people will. But if it was me, and unless you’re on my 5 man team, your MP5 is locked and loaded, I am not going to say "Here I am". Scarz, you know ,I know, that you are not a fool. Scarz, you only need to tell me once. Scarz = no BS. Semper Fidelis brother.

You remember the Central American wars, in the 80's? Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica? I know IP does. IB would be crawling with people who came across the border.

I used to sit on the TJ border on the SY near san dog. By sunset there would be 15, 20, 50 thousand lined on the ridge at the TJ side. Each night, the Polos armed with their life savings. When the sun had set, they would start down the valley, towards the US border like an army. If you had binoculars you could see it all unfold right in front of you. You would hear screams, gun shots.

The Border patrol choppers would lift, border patrol spotters with night vision directing the spot lights, their job was to get the polos (Immigrants) as they hit the fence. I watched them. The BP who would do their best to protect them from TJ junkies and Mini mafia, hence the choppers. It was insane. A few of my buddies told me they had seen TJ Policia involved in a few shootings.

It was not uncommon for these Polos to have 20 30K on them. To a thief they were like a ripe tasty fruit huh? On a Saturday night, you could watch more murders, happen than I ever saw in combat. Appalling, some people choose to ignore it, other choose to watch, and others try to do something about it (I compare this to the UFO and unknown enigma as an example)

Do you remember the friend you had in youth? The goofy guy who did really stupid stuff? Never got it, but tried like hell? Thought you were cool, followed you around like a shadow. This guy always made you look cool, his goofiness made you laugh. Even when they irritated you, later you would think about it and just laugh.

This is the very same factor that we are up against here. Society, mirrored,
Similar to the examples provided above.

So the same factors are involved with every aspect of every dilemma in every situation it being Aliens, UFO’s, Paranormal, Disclosure, and Disinformation.

Both the very real social, physical, and mental snipers out there and whoever released this Drone information knows it. That does not include the US, Canadian, British, Australian, French, Israeli, Japanese, military or intelligence teams who monitor the World Wide Web.

It does not matter much if you are sitting on the fence as I did, the border patrol itself, or the chopper pilots trying to help.

The UFO community has a very simple, controllable very similar personality type. Easily influenced, easily controlled. But you already know this.

Putting yourself out into the public openly puts your head onto the chopping block. I think he or she purposely mislead the personal facts for obvious reasons. Treason in this country (US) is punishable by death. If you are pegged as a terrorist in the US, you loose all rights (Right or wrong) and this simple tactic helps take the single factor out of the terror game. A 40 cal glock will work just as easy, and it is a lot less messy, and your family will only grieve for their loss for a while.

I would bet this person who posted this is not just one person, the person who wrote the details is not just one person, and the person who disclosed this information was not just a thief. I know several of you here, like me have this background, and will agree.

I know some of you do not play over at OM, but those who do, will see a very technical and focused group who breakdown the details very much as you do.

I have not (Until recently) spent much time here at RU. I was invited by one of your members, reviewed your posts and have found tremendous similarities and value both teams combined could add to the game.

Some of you already have. Even in your cover you add value, and have done a great job keeping it real, the cover you use keeps the personal opinions to a low level, which has helped attract the massive amounts of OM hits and disclosure (Real or False) that have occurred.

You folks really add a great deal of value to the review and technical break down of the disclosure process. Providing an arena for disclosure ambiguous views is exactly the premise that is needed here.

Scarz, you know I respect ya!

Simple purpose and outcome is most certainly the same as OM, especially when it comes to the technical over view and analysis of UFO photos and release.

Shoot me a pm Von, Max, Ry, Zep, Scarz, we can come up with a better plan.

Have a great weekend!

J2BH

Edited to add the TJ example and apologize for the first version. I pasted the rough draft. Please re read as needed.
Last edited by jazzed2bhere on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jazzed2bhere

Postby ryguy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 pm

Springer wrote:Ummm, Maya 3D...

That's all it really is. Run the render through photoshop to degrade it "just enough" and the hair/lint and you're done. ;)

mark...

Could be! I was referring to 2d with encoded patterns that will maintain integrity on a 2d plane, even through photocopy or scanning.... I'm not talking about the obvious barcodes btw...the rest of the image uses the same technology (appears to). Hell...one could claim morse code does to some extent.

However with all that said, it doesn't really matter, because I realized the diagram is stolen from various crop circle patterns that have occurred in the past. These are all images that can be obtained anywhere and incorporated into this document. This link is one example of a crop circle image that was "decoded" from the original binary code embedded into the image....there are a great many of them like this. Many of you I'm sure are familiar with these. In the Crabwood case the message was:

""Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. EELRIJUE. There is GOOD out there. We OPpose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING [bell sound]"

Now...one coincidence is that in that case Linda Moulton Howe was also involved. Dan was correct that we need to look to the crop circles. This diagram is a mishmash of obvious patterns from past crop circles. I can't take credit for this correlation either, because not only Dan but Mark Pilkington recently made this connection in a brilliant analysis via email - I've asked him if I can quote him and I will post his comments in here if he agrees. He makes a great point that the patterns and images found in the crop circles (including the fonts and symbols) are pervasive within the computer gaming industry.

The font that I recognized last night was from an old computer game I played in the 90's, which corroborates Mark's points. In this particular game, there were characters that you needed to decode in order to identify the names of places on the map that came with the game. I'm still searching back for that map to identify specific characters that are a perfect match, but it shouldn't take long. One of them I'm pretty sure I recognize specifically.

And the impressive nature I found in the diagram last night was the same way the crop circles initially hit me when I saw them. Unfortunately, in this media format - the internet - they are much too likely copied from these old crop circle images for the purpose of viral marketing for a computer game. Either that, or someone (or something) has decided to use the internet for the same purposes as the enigma of the crop circle madness was used for.

Time will tell - and if it's the case, the smoking gun is sure to show up sooner or later.

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:53 pm

jazzed.....I must say I really enjoyed reading your above post. I respect anyone who isn't afraid to be ones self.
I've not had anything much to say on the subject of the Drones. I came into the game so late that most has already been said.
I've been reading the boards at RU,ATS and OM on the Drone subject and BOY! has that taken a lot of the spare time up. I find some great value in all three boards. I believe in doing my best to never close doors.
I'm one who loves placing everything down and giving great thought in every direction.
It's very mush like watching a who done it movie. At the beginning we see suspects being thrown our direction and most of the time I will lock on to one.
By the time the middle of the picture gets around my view may be in the same area or I've left the suspect and headed in a new direction completely. When the end of the picture is upon us I've made up my mind and I'm locked in for good. At the roll of the final credits only then will I have been correct or been fooled once again.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:57 pm

From here:

The first e-mail from the man who most quickly deciphered the code was received shortly after the publication on Internet of the formation's photos; it was sent to a prolific net-publisher of crop-circle articles, Linda Moulton Howe, and is signed simply Richard. The many strange errors in his use of language there - particularly his very frequent unaccountable use of capitol letters, but also grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors parallels the level of grave language errors in the coded text itself. He would fit well on the coding committee. His later e-mails to her are cleansed of such errors and signed Richard Brain. How many people do you know with instant mathematical expertise with the last name Brain? How much humour are we receiving?
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Great points everyone. I'm pretty sure the answer will soon be found.

Mark has kindly given permission to post his comments here:

I usually stay out of these discussions, but felt compelled to wade in on the Probes and CARET story.

This is quite clearly 'viral' marketing for either a video game or an upcoming film (Halo 3 and Transformers are usually considered the best bets, though it could be anything).

Many of the clues have been made clear in these discussions already, but I would add a couple more:

** The linear, unfolding nature of the narrative - the first image releases are followed by a batch more, corroborating the first; then another set appears and the craft has physically evolved - it is now more complex and sinister in appearance. This is then followed by the CARET document release... and so on. This is narrative - and I can say this with the certainty of one who has spent far too much of his life watching and reading hokey horrror and SF fiction. The various inconsistencies and slip-ups in the CARET documents reveal it's non-insider nature well enough, but that doesn't matter - people are talking about them and the news is spreading to millions of listeners and web surfers via Coast to Coast and the like. Perfect - and damned cheap by marketing standards.

** Unintentionally perhaps, Dan Smith is right when he says look at the crop circles. The design elements in the CARET document are very much of the now - look around you at cutting edge graphic design in the music scene, night clubs, computer games, web sites and other software and you'll see familiar elements and styles in play. A combination of technological and organic elements, spirals, wheels and curves, not to mention the Katakana script so often used in video game designs. Unless the ETs are shaping the design industry, along with everything else, this is made by early 21st century humans in the thrall of 21st century culture. And no, the crop circle makers have nothing to do with this - they're busy enough with their own work...

** This is not the first time that the fortean/paranormal community has been used as a breeding ground for online viral campaigns: anyone remember this one?
http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/colossus.asp
There was also a fake blog set up for the campaign (just like "Isaac's") called Giantology - now missing off the web but possibly archived somewhere. Numerous blogs, web sites and email lists did a fine job of promoting the 2005 video game 'Shadow of the Colossus' at comparatively little expense to the makers - other than the production of the video clips and hiring of the PR agency of course.

There is a lot of time, money and talent in the advertising and entertainment industries and, with all due respect to those of you previously or currently in the intelligence world, this is considerably slicker than Serpo ever managed to be, and just as effective at getting its message out there - this is the Black Game for the 21st century!

With best wishes to you all from a wet country
Mark

Mark Pilkington
Strange Attractor: http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/further/

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Cheers to Mark P.!

Very well put and in total agreement with what I've been saying since the first drones appeared on the scene, which is why I like what he says so much. :P

Seriously, the analysis being accorded these images, documents, back stories, etc... from the "real" camp is astounding. There are some very powerful minds that are building excellent cases for this to be real. That is exactly what the marketers count on. Should these be ignored and cast out as obvious fakes the game is up and the campaign fails.

BUT, if enough people find the details in the devil interesting and are sharp enough to express why articulately the marketers have home run.

Ry, I completely agree with you. The first time I saw the "circular logo" of the drones I remembered the Myst games. I think it was "URU" that had a puzzle that had a symbol that is almost, if not, identical to the "circular logo/symbol" of the drones.

These drones have written symbols that, when applied to the right material, produce amazing power/technology.

Sounds alot like the linking books of the D'nai doesn't it? For those who are unfamiliar with "Myst", the premise is this:

A race of scholars (the D'nai) have discovered that their parchment and ink are capable of creating fantastic worlds simply by writing their description. If that isn't enough, once completed these books will take the author (or anyone else who places their hand on the linking page of the book) to that world.

Let's review the similarities:

Myst - written words/symbols combined with parchment = magical technology
Drones - written symbols/words combined with alien metal = magical technology

I wonder if there is a new game on the horizon where the D'nai's off spring have gone high tech? The Myst universe was very 1700's in all aspects but the mechanical contraptions and the linking books.

This appears to be a very much updated, possibly "in the future" version where the "D'Nai script" now has power over machinery.

I'll admit that these symbols don't resemble the D'nai script but if it evolved who knows what the D'nai script would like?

I am certainly not stating that I am convinced these drones and CARET are a VMC for a new Myst game, I am simply adding this to the data set because the similarities are striking to me.

mark...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer

Postby jazzed2bhere » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Great points everyone. I'm pretty sure the answer will soon be found.

Mark has kindly given permission to post his comments here:

I usually stay out of these discussions, but felt compelled to wade in on the Probes and CARET story.

This is quite clearly 'viral' marketing for either a video game or an upcoming film (Halo 3 and Transformers are usually considered the best bets, though it could be anything).

Many of the clues have been made clear in these discussions already, but I would add a couple more:

** The linear, unfolding nature of the narrative - the first image releases are followed by a batch more, corroborating the first; then another set appears and the craft has physically evolved - it is now more complex and sinister in appearance. This is then followed by the CARET document release... and so on. This is narrative - and I can say this with the certainty of one who has spent far too much of his life watching and reading hokey horrror and SF fiction. The various inconsistencies and slip-ups in the CARET documents reveal it's non-insider nature well enough, but that doesn't matter - people are talking about them and the news is spreading to millions of listeners and web surfers via Coast to Coast and the like. Perfect - and damned cheap by marketing standards.

** Unintentionally perhaps, Dan Smith is right when he says look at the crop circles. The design elements in the CARET document are very much of the now - look around you at cutting edge graphic design in the music scene, night clubs, computer games, web sites and other software and you'll see familiar elements and styles in play. A combination of technological and organic elements, spirals, wheels and curves, not to mention the Katakana script so often used in video game designs. Unless the ETs are shaping the design industry, along with everything else, this is made by early 21st century humans in the thrall of 21st century culture. And no, the crop circle makers have nothing to do with this - they're busy enough with their own work...

** This is not the first time that the fortean/paranormal community has been used as a breeding ground for online viral campaigns: anyone remember this one?
http://www.snopes.com/photos/tsunami/colossus.asp
There was also a fake blog set up for the campaign (just like "Isaac's") called Giantology - now missing off the web but possibly archived somewhere. Numerous blogs, web sites and email lists did a fine job of promoting the 2005 video game 'Shadow of the Colossus' at comparatively little expense to the makers - other than the production of the video clips and hiring of the PR agency of course.

There is a lot of time, money and talent in the advertising and entertainment industries and, with all due respect to those of you previously or currently in the intelligence world, this is considerably slicker than Serpo ever managed to be, and just as effective at getting its message out there - this is the Black Game for the 21st century!

With best wishes to you all from a wet country
Mark

Mark Pilkington
Strange Attractor: http://www.strangeattractor.co.uk/further/

Cheers,
Zep

Zep,

Thanks for this.

I read an identicle post on OM a day or so ago. I am not sold on this point yet. For the same reasons Scarz and the rest of you are not. I will tell you right now, if this is a viral campaign, someone is gonna have a serious spanking at the HLS level both here in the US and abroad. It is quit frankly stupid of them if they did this for publicity. I would hate to be them. Can you say soap on a rope? Entertainment for the smart, Appalling for the sensitive, Expected of the synical.

Springer, If it is true, somone is gonna be limping for a bit, and after the disbelief I will have of at these really stupid actions, I will end up laughing at them like I did when that theif got stuck in the chimeny of the house he was trying to break into. We will all surely say what a bunch of D***A**es you people were.

BTW, my previous post was a paste from the rough draft. It was done early this morning and I apologize. Please re read. It might make sense this time. I still cannot write today. So I will conclude for now.

J2BH
jazzed2bhere

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:31 pm

Springer, you and I must be drinking out of the same glass. I posted this at OM this morning on a Myst connection.

This below got my attention as soon as I saw it. I've always loved the puzzle game Myst and most of them I've played. A few years ago the Uru Ages Beyond Myst came out and I remembered
one of the puzzles last night from it.
One of the images looks so much like the puzzle you can't help but see the similarities. Even some of the side shadows fit so well with the Uru puzzle.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3311 ... siskq7.jpg

[Mod Edit: oversized embedded image converted to link]
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:11 am

Absolutely - you guys hit the nail on the head. In my case it was a runic font from the early Ultima games - same type of use of real-life ancient languages in the format of a game - in this case on large (high quality) cloth maps.

Springer and Scarz laid out exactly why this looks so much like a gaming layout. In comparing the design to other examples of embedded binary codes, the diagram in this case is actually overly complicated, to be honest. I was at first impressed by the "bar code"...but then after placing it in comparison with the various algorythms out there for embedding binary data into images - it's clear that the complexity of these algorythms would be rediculously complex. In the case of the simple barcodes, they don't just vary by line width, spacing, darkness/lightness, or height - but all of the above. It's appears more of a design feature (to make it look intricate) than a practical feature.

I once had a shirt that had a very intricate design on the front. It was actually from a piece of chinese contemporary art that included pieces of computer digital imagery much like what we see here. It never failed, whenever I wore the shirt, people would ask me - "what do those symbols stand for?" And I'd always have to reply - "nothing....it's art."

The human mind strives to find meaning in patterns. That psychology can be used to draw the human mind into assuming that the pattern has meaning. They are pictures in clouds.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Springer » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:32 am

Scarz, THAT'S EXACTLY THE PUZZLE I WAS THINKING OF!

Nice job mate! :D

But even more so than the "diagrams" there is a "logo" or a "device" associated with the Chad (or one of the early ones) Drone that is a near duplicate of these Myst symbols.

In your series of Isaac's "Art" the "Child Junction" is the one that nails it. ;)

The one some folks are associating with "HALO" is the one I mean, I am sorry I can't find a link to it.

mark...
Springer

Postby Access Denied » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:26 am

[bumping an old thread]

Jeddyhi over at OM who’s also a member here has posted an opinion piece regarding the Drone/Caret thing which has recently regained some popularity due to exposure in the MSM. I hope Jeddyhi doesn’t mind if I repost it here (let me know if you do!) but I thought it was worthy of some additional recognition…

http://lucianarchy.proboards21.com/inde ... 1207769754

Jeddyhi wrote:A Skeptical Point of View

What if the Drone Witnesses Were Not Anonymous?

I know what you’re thinking….. What good is a ‘what if’ scenario? It can only contain conjecture and supposition. That is very true. What I am going to do is suppose what would or could have happened if the witnesses would have behaved as many skeptics claim they should have. The anonymity factor is very damning to the drone case in many skeptics’ eyes. Many well seasoned skeptics believe anonymity leaves the chance of a hoax at the forefront. The thing is, if you want to perform a hoax and not get caught, submitting it anonymously is a prudent thing to do. On the flipside, if you have the most stunning, crystal clear, daytime photos ever taken of an Unidentified Flying Object, presenting them and your camera and memory card to the nearest University for analysis seems prudent. The pictures themselves would be the defense against ridicule and scoffing. Once verified as real and authentic, such a witness would be ready for whatever skepticism may arise.

With authenticated photo data from independent analysis, and other witness sightings and photographs, this multiple source of authentication would have undoubtedly aroused serious mainstream media attention. The focus would have dramatically shifted from the witnesses themselves to the actual object of the photos. “Thank you, witnesses, for what you have captured on camera and brought to our attention, but just what the hell is it that thing?”

With multiple witnesses on record and the best authenticated photos ever taken, the first priority would be to find out what it is. With its existence already established, the focus would be to identify the object. With the war on terror in full force, Home Land Security would surely be interested in what is in our skies over California.

Now here is where we find a hurdle from the people that already suppose the drones are real. If it is being flown by the government, they would hush it up. Silence the story. Suppress the witnesses. Crystal clear photos would never make it to the media in the first place. This is a valid concern and point. If someone happened to photograph something top secret, the lid would be closed rapidly and damage control initiated.

In the same light, I think if someone posted anonymously to the internet photos of a top secret aircraft, they would be removed from the net as fast as possible and the source of the photos tracked down so as to plug whatever leak there may be.

What do you do if you are the government and your top-secret drone technology is all over the internet? Do you silence people, use scare tactics and suppress further testimony? Or do you wonder how and why your most sensitive project is all over the internet in the first place. I can buy the premise that something beyond top secret malfunctions and loses its invisibility or cloak ability, but harder to buy is that then for days and even weeks, it finds its way in front of numerous cameras, close enough even for a secret alien language to be photographed. Something that top secret would have been under intense observation and security. Something like that would have malfunctioned and been photographed over a single day or a few short hours if at all. To think a top secret program with a security flaw would have been allowed to continue over a period of time is preposterous.

Then comes ISAAC/CARET

So if the secret project malfunctioned, and photos were taken from multiple sources and different areas, what do you do if you are the government? Do you try to make it look like a hoax? Do you discredit the witnesses? Well, luckily for the government, all of the witnesses remained anonymous on their own. None of them went public with cameras, memory cards, or their identity. They remained committed to cyber testimony. None chose to report their sighting to authorities, at least in Capitola, where the Police Dept received no such reports. None chose to allow onsite investigation by sharing the locations. They submitted their photos to internet sites and remained anonymous. Now enter Isaac/CARET, full of top secret info on the drones with pictures, diagrams, and history. He set up a site that explains top secret alien technology and explains the drone case with detailed history and does it all anonymously. I assume that since the drone case is mostly associated to anonymous people that Isaac’s anonymity is to be expected. If the case had gone mainstream with documented witnesses and authenticated photos, and been deemed a real event, Isaac would have been arrested on serious charges of violating national security. Once in the mainstream media, Isaac would not have been needed anyway. In my opinion, Isaac was/is purely for the internet audience’s benefit. Isaac showed us a primer but actually Isaac is the Primer! He puts the whole thing together and gives it a history. It is alien technology. It must be true. Isaac said so.

What of the possibility that the whole thing is a hoax? How would it go then? Perhaps just the way it has. I have to exclude any witness testimony at this point that is separate from the photograph witnesses. After all the internet coverage and recent news coverage, some witnesses could be jumping on the band wagon. It has happened before. George Adamski claimed to be in touch with Venusians in the 1950’s. His story was followed by others who claimed the same thing. So others claiming to see a drone (with no photos, fake or real) could be latching on, so to speak. Our best bet is to stick with the photographic witnesses while determining if their actions are indeed the actions of hoaxers.

Objectivity and Skepticism

Ufology has had its share of hoaxes. In the 21st century, we have your average hoaxer armed with digital manipulation software and computer generated imagery. Digital photography itself is a catalyst for the new age hoaxer. Combine that with the modern internet of today and you can see how what you find on the internet should be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism. A first priority in any UFO case should be witness verification. An interview with the witness to determine sincerity and willingness to help with the investigation should be a priority to establishing verification. With all the tools available to create hoaxes and the vulnerability of digital photography, observing witness behavior is tantamount to establishing any credibility for any given case.
When a case arises where witnesses remain anonymous, a red flag should go up immediately. Certainly not all witnesses who wish to remain anonymous are hoaxers but hoaxers frequently like to remain anonymous. When a case is void of police reports and includes anonymous witnesses, the lack of a police report could be construed as an attempt to protect anonymity. Police reports are public records. An anonymous hoaxer would not include the police in a hoax event for two reasons. 1) To protect their identity. 2) To avoid prosecution for making a bogus report to the police.

Who would perform such a hoax and why?

The reasons for any hoax can be long and complicated. The simple answer is just to see if they can do it. Each hoax can have its own level of complexity. The higher the complexity, the more elaborate a hoax can become. Consider the field of Ufology for moment. A group of people studying the UFO phenomenon who are open to the possibility of Alien visitation from other worlds. Ufologists are simply perfect targets for hoaxes. A hoax could be intended to embarrass the field into ridicule. Or could be aimed at gauging what is believable and what is not. Certainly the best Ufologists in the field employ a strong sense of skepticism to try and avoid the pitfalls of hoaxers. A UFO case can rise and fall on its own merit. With strong evidence, documentation, and forthcoming witness testimony and cooperation, the best cases from Ufology are hardly considered to be hoaxes. An example would be the recent sightings in and around Stephenville, Texas.

With multiple witnesses who actually helped with the investigation and who went on record with the sighting, there is little doubt that something was seen in the skies over Texas. But in the Drone case we have none of this witness corroboration. We are left with an enigma wrapped in a mystery.

Some say that hoaxers eventually come forward to take credit and be in the spotlight. Some do but not all. If the intent of a hoax is to study the resulting behavior of the targeted group, the hoax may play out indefinitely.

Is it possible to mistake a real event for a hoax? Sure it is. But the very nature of hoaxing is to cause the targeted group to mistake the hoax for a real event. If we learn anything from Isaac/CARET and the drones, it should be this. Raise the bar for what is expected of a real sighting. Remain open minded but protect yourself with skepticism. A case should not have to have excuses made for it. It should stand on its own feet and be analyzed for exactly what it is and what it attempts to portray. Remember that today’s digital world all but makes digital photographs a moot point. Strong witness participation and cooperation is needed to back any claim. If we allow ourselves to believe photographs without witness corroboration, we stand the chance of being led by the nose down any path that a hoaxer may choose. We must always be on the guard. Skepticism is my shield. I wield it carefully but faithfully.

I’m sure there will be opposing viewpoints and that is to be expected. But this is just the way I view the drone case from a skeptical position.

Thank you for your time. This article is strictly my opinion only and in no way speaks for the Staff at Openmindsforum.com.

Well done Jeddyhi! Looks like Ryan was right about you. :)

I think this is a brilliantly written piece that exemplifies the true value of rational skepticism and what can be achieved through the use of critical thinking skills… a brief moment of clarity in a world fraught with deception.

[Edit: fixed embarrassing misspelling of Jeddyhi's name in one spot]
Last edited by Access Denied on Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:28 am

Agreed, excellent article JeddyHi :bgthbup:

Hmm, do you think he'd let me post it on the main site?
Whaddya say J?

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:35 pm

It's amazing how clearly rational thinking, logic and reason shines through in articles like this, isn't it? Nice work jeddyhi - excellent writing.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs