MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Re: MAJOR UPDATE IMMINENT

Postby Access Denied » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 am

Well done Ryan, very interesting.

It should also be pointed out your Associated Content article has a “Reader’s Digest version” of some key points…

Takeaways

CIA Interest in the paranormal peaked from 1971 through 1975.

UFO related FOIA requests, and Bruce Macabbee's interactions with the CIA peaked in 1979.

The same CIA analyst who dealt with Ufologists officially, also entered Ufology himself after 1985.

…for the reading adverse. :)

Also for reference, here’s an “official” accounting (prepared by Gerald K. Haines, NRO Historian) of this time period…

[paranoid types may want to refrain from clicking on the link]

CIA's Role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-90
https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for- ... s/ufo.html

[emphasis mine]

During the late 1970s and 1980s, the Agency continued its low-key interest in UFOs and UFO sightings. While most scientists now dismissed flying saucers reports as a quaint part of the 1950s and 1960s, some in the Agency and in the Intelligence Community shifted their interest to studying parapsychology and psychic phenomena associated with UFO sightings. CIA officials also looked at the UFO problem to determine what UFO sightings might tell them about Soviet progress in rockets and missiles and reviewed its counterintelligence aspects. Agency analysts from the Life Science Division of OSI and OSWR officially devoted a small amount of their time to issues relating to UFOs. These included counterintelligence concerns that the Soviets and the KGB were using US citizens and UFO groups to obtain information on sensitive US weapons development programs (such as the Stealth aircraft), the vulnerability of the US air-defense network to penetration by foreign missiles mimicking UFOs, and evidence of Soviet advanced technology associated with UFO sightings.

CIA also maintained Intelligence Community coordination with other agencies regarding their work in parapsychology, psychic phenomena, and "remote viewing" experiments. In general, the Agency took a conservative scientific view of these unconventional scientific issues. There was no formal or official UFO project within the Agency in the 1980s, and Agency officials purposely kept files on UFOs to a minimum to avoid creating records that might mislead the public if released. (90)

The above refers to this footnote concerning sources…

(90) See John Brennan, memorandum for Richard Warshaw, Executive Assistant, DCI, "Requested Information on UFOs," 30 September 1993; Author interviews with OSWR analyst, 14 June 1994 and OSI analyst, 21 July 1994. This author found almost no documentation on Agency involvement with UFOs in the 1980s.

There is a DIA Psychic Center and the NSA studies parapsychology, that branch of psychology that deals with the investigation of such psychic phenomena as clairvoyance, extrasensory perception, and telepathy. The CIA reportedly is also a member of an Incident Response Team to investigate UFO landings, if one should occur. This team has never met. The lack of solid CIA documentation on Agency UFO-related activities in the 1980s leaves the entire issue somewhat murky for this period.

Much of the UFO literature presently focuses on contactees and abductees. See John E. Mack, Abduction, Human Encounters with Aliens (New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1994) and Howard Blum, Out There (New York: Simon and Schuster, 1990).

So we see a total of two persons, one of which was Kit, was the source for all “official” UFO information and represented the extent of the CIA’s “official” involvement.

[nice book plug there too]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Great summary post Tom, I like it when everything is laid out so succinctly like that :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:23 am

I've updated the Kit Green article with his comments, received yesterday via email.

Namely:
Kit Green via email wrote:"An excellent and fair story. Unanswered questions while seemingly pointed toward mysterious answers (still fair ones, however) are accurately posed.
The reader is honestly led by Mr. Dube toward the truth...there is much less true mystery, magic, and conspiracy than meets the eye. I am happy I gave the interview.

Ryan quoted me in context. Aspects of my involvement some may read as foolish, a few may read as stupid, and (I hope) the remaining few may read as highly legitimate paranoid thinking seeking that sliver of true mystery to be solved.

Ryan's story is therefore in my opinion uncommonly balanced and accurate."

Nice :)

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dazdude » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am

Ryan,
on an email mesaage boardim having discussion about this latest article (kit Green) and hal puthoff etc.
Some of the ex Stargate remote viewerss have spoken to Hal who claims to them he has not been involved in the aviary or anything - can you give me an idea of what evidence you have for his involvement for me to pass on?

all the best...

Daz
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 pm

dazdude wrote:Ryan,
on an email mesaage boardim having discussion about this latest article (kit Green) and hal puthoff etc.
Some of the ex Stargate remote viewerss have spoken to Hal who claims to them he has not been involved in the aviary or anything - can you give me an idea of what evidence you have for his involvement for me to pass on?

all the best...

Daz

Daz - This sounds like a great opportunity for a "data-exchange". I would love to see either statements from Hal where he's made such a claim - or even any of those remote viewers who might be willing to provide a statement saying that they did speak to Hal and he said that.

To answer your question, yes, during RU investigations we've accumulated overwhelming evidence that proves his involvement. I'm guessing his statement to the remote viewers that he wasn't involved in the aviary activities is similar to his statement to Caryn, Gary, Myself, and Steve in response to a discussion about the influence of Scientology on the UFO "Core Story" - where he stated that he was only "briefly involved" in Scientology.

He seriously made that comment..."briefly involved"....can you believe that? lol... The man wrote the forward to Hubbard's book, and he calls his involvement "brief." Not exactly the sign of someone who's being completely straight, is it... That's only the tip of the iceburg.

Fire me off an email so we can exchange information. For starters though, you might find everything you need in Bob Collins book Exempt from Disclosure. One of the biggest reasons I made the public comment that Bob's book is so valuable wasn't so much because of the alien/ufo stuff...it was because of how much information he gives away about the activities of not only Hal Puthoff - but also a number of other "aviary" types from 1985 through 2005.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dazdude » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Ry,
sounds cool.

please email me on darryl@xxxxxx.com - lots to discuss here :)

daz

[**Mod Edit: Removed email address so the bots don't farm your address and start sending you ridiculous volumes of spam...**]
dazdude
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby JayKew » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Excellent article Ryan.

Ive never met Kit Green and I never expect to.

The man to me is an enigma and more infuriatingly he never ever seems to give a direct answer to a direct question.

However one little snippet from the article intrigued me.

That was when he more or less said that the "Fastwalker" episode was the only " decent report or piece of intelligence " he had ever come across.

It has long puzzled me also and try as I may, I have never managed to find any decent online articles either supporting or dismissing it.

Has anyone come up with the definitive explanation ??

John
JayKew
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:44 am

JayKew wrote:
It has long puzzled me also and try as I may, I have never managed to find any decent online articles either supporting or dismissing it.

Has anyone come up with the definitive explanation ??

John

Thanks John, for your great feedback, I really appreciate that.

As far as I know, no one has really done any extensive investigation beyond Maccabee's own work. Although you bring up a good point, if decent online articles on the topic are lacking - then it might be high time to remedy that! Thanks for the suggestion!

-Ryan
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 am

JayKew wrote:Has anyone come up with the definitive explanation ??

My understanding is "someone" leaked information about a (then) unidentified “fast walker” with the (misleading) suggestion it was of extraterrestrial origin to a UFO researcher who then ran with it.

It has since been identified as a (then) secret NRO satellite that failed to reach it’s intended orbit according to this book…

America's Space Sentinels: DSP Satellites and National Security
http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Space-Se ... 0700610960

FMI:

http://www.bautforum.com/life-space/437 ... post796823
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 pm

Someone needs to write an article informating the public about the true story behind "Fastwalkers"..... :)

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs