Leaked 'Top Secret' Government UFO Documents Proven Frauds

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:22 pm

caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:15 pm

Thanks for posting this Caryn :)

From the above link:
Long thought to be the "smoking gun" of UFO and conspiracy theorists -- top secret documents alleged to have been written by high ranking government and military officials, including three U.S. presidents, and leaked to the public in the early 1980s, have now been proven fraudulent by forensic linguistic testing.

Bellingham, WA (PRWeb) July 24, 2007 -- Top secret documents alleged to have been written by high ranking government and military officials, including three U.S. presidents, leaked to the public in the early 1980s, have been proven fraudulent by recent forensic linguistic testing. These documents, collectively named "The Majestic Documents" by researchers, contained references to the alleged crash of a flying saucer near Roswell, NM, in July of 1947. References to extraterrestrial technology and alien bodies appear in several of the documents. Dates of the documents themselves range from 1942 to the early 1990s.

The Majestic Documents were allegedly authored by members of an above top secret task force (MJ-12) begun under the auspices of then President Truman to deal with the crash of an extraterrestrial space craft near Roswell.
The cache of documents included memos written by President Truman; Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, who would become the first Director of the CIA; Dr. Vannevar Bush, who chaired the Office of Scientific Research and Development; and General Nathan Twining, who headed the Air Materiel Command at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, where the wreckage was taken, and who served as Air Force Chief of Staff (1953-1957) and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (1957-1961). Aside from President Truman, memos allegedly written by presidents Eisenhower and Kennedy are also among the Majestic Documents.

The documents were tested by Dr. Carol Chaski of Georgetown, DE, who was hired by Dr. Michael Heiser, a biblical scholar with an interest in the UFO phenomenon. Dr. Chaski is a leading expert in the linguistic science of authorship attribution, a discipline that uses computers to extract and define stylistic patterns in a given author's writings -- a "linguistic fingerprint". Dr. Chaski pioneered her own computational document authentication software program, ALIAS, for such testing, and is currently the president of ALIAS Technology, LLC. Among the stylistic patterns detected by Dr. Chaski's specially-developed computer program are patterns in sentence structure, word order in parts of speech and use of punctuation.

A total of 17 documents were tested, allegedly written by nine different authors. Dr. Heiser typed the prose text of the disputed Majestic Documents and a set of undisputed control documents for each author for Dr. Chaski's testing. Of the 17 documents tested, only one can be scientifically validated as having been written by the author who is named. Dr. Heiser's assessment: "Anyone basing any claims of alien existence or an alien crash at Roswell on these documents would be foolish to do so; they just don't stand up to cutting edge scientific analysis."

A complete copy of the report on the testing procedures and results can be obtained at http://www.mj12documents.com

Recently named one of the 100 most influential people in ufology by FATE Magazine, Michael S. Heiser, Ph.D. earned an M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and an M.A. from the University of
Pennsylvania. Dr. Heiser has taught at the college level for more than 12 years, and has had a lifelong interest in UFO, occult and paranormal phenomena. He is the author of The Façade -- available in a limited edition
pre-release at http://www.FacadeTheBook.com

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Ryan Wood of www.majesticdocuments.com has already rebuked the information published by Dr. Michael Heiser.

I find it extremely ironic that he (Ryan Wood) says:
"Recently minted Bible professor Michael S. Heiser has issued press notices about his claims in association with a report he is selling on the Internet with promotion for sales of his novel concluding that UFOs are a plot by Satan to take over the earth in the "the façade" of an Air Force colonel running Area 51."

For one thing, he is clearly trying to muddy the waters by trying to create the impression that the novel, i.e. a fictional story written by Dr. Heiser actually has some bearing on the seperate analysis of the MJ documents. That's a bona fide strawman if ever I saw one!

The whole "tirade" sent out by Wood to his email subscribers is a veritable mish-mash of hypocrisy and strawman arguments. I haven't seen such tosh in, well, probably only a few days actually ;)

It's pretty clear I think why Mr. Wood feels the need to go on the attack. This is his business we are talking about here!

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:43 pm

Also included was this:

For a limited time only you can order Mike's startling report at 40% off
when you use coupon code "MJ12" at checkout

Wow! What a deal!
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:44 pm

Deleted cross-post.
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Did we both have the same idea, Caryn? ;)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 pm

We did - you beat me to it ;-)
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby wetsystems » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:02 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Did we both have the same idea, Caryn? ;)

A human (cyber assisted) lie detector? Where are we pods to hide?

Dr. Chaski is a leading expert in the linguistic science of authorship attribution, a discipline that uses computers to extract and define stylistic patterns in a given author's writings -- a "linguistic fingerprint".

Hey, if a computer says it's so- it must be.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:32 pm

>>Hey, if a computer says it's so- it must be. <<

Of course! I love mine. I stroke it and talk to it - it's very faithful and reliable and rarely answers back and doesn't get jealous when I play with the laptop....beats having a husband!

And how would us saddos have met without them? Alot to be said for computers ;-)

Didn't take you for an MJ fan, K - The Majestic boys wouldn't push sales-would they?:

"Special Offer: Both Majic Eyes Only Book and The Secret television documentary for $40."
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby wetsystems » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:34 pm

Oh well- I'm actually a fan of nothing at all. I'm an equal opportunity flamer. But I do have a particular pique for pseudo-science. And I also love my laptop! Without it I'd be blind and lonely and still searching for caryn! "Trotsky for a nickel, dianetics for a dime..." from Berkeley Hangin Out by Arthur Afterburn, 1969.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caryn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:04 pm

>>I'm an equal opportunity flamer.<<

I’d like that on a T-shirt.

Speaking of which – someone at OM has been creative: http://www.comboutique.com/shop/homeboutique-11960.html

Quite tasteful actually – I might place an order. Now, if the originator of the designs would just step forward and claim copyright infringement......... :lol:
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:10 am

wetsystems wrote:Hey, if a computer says it's so- it must be.

I guess I’m a little skeptical of linguistics analysis but that's probably because I'm not a linguistics analyst. Then again, I’m sure someone’s writing style can be described mathematically using statistics much like a voice or fingerprint can and a computer would seem well suited to the task… heck, these days there’s probably an open source for the necessary code. Wait hang on… yep, Google confirms this.

That said, and putting aside my own opinion of the MJ-12 hoax, I find what seems to be the most common rebuttal of the analysis (which I have not read) currently being floated interesting, specifically that the persons in question probably wouldn’t have written the documents themselves therefore they wouldn’t match other documents attributed to them. If that’s the case then how do we know for sure they actually wrote anything that’s attributed to them?

Now what I’d really like to see is the writing in the MJ-12 stuff compared to the most likely suspects. Failing that I suspect the “documents” as a whole could be shown to have been written by a few or less individuals… that is assuming they haven’t been already.

[this post will self destruct in sixty seconds]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am

Access Denied wrote:Now what I’d really like to see is the writing in the MJ-12 stuff compared to the most likely suspects. Failing that I suspect the “documents” as a whole could be shown to have been written by a few or less individuals… that is assuming they haven’t been already.

Now that's just a brilliant idea. Maybe someone should contact the analyst and ask if that may be the next step....and can we provide some samples for them? ;)

[this post will self destruct in sixty seconds]

***Ryan throws his own post on top and then runs for cover**
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:52 pm

It doesn't look very good in my opinion when the guy is trying to sell his report.
This is no different than Alien-UFO encounters or posted material that lead back to someone wanting to make a buck off a novel.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Google

Return to UFOs