Colin Bennett Article at RU

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Colin Bennett Article at RU

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:26 pm

Meme Wars: We Have an Agenda
-A Fortean Essay in Story Technology by Colin Bennett.

Following on from his RU guest commentary discussing the CHAD/Isaac drone information at the end of June this year, Colin Bennett expands on those thoughts in this inspired and unique take on recent events in the UFOlogy field. Read Part 1 of this must-read article here.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Colin has uncovered the crime.

The motive remains mostly obscured.

Does he deliberately ignore the historical context?

Perhaps he does not wish to confront or disclose what makes Intelligence tick.

But then I haven't seen the ending.....not of this expanded version of what Colin first posted here.

Let me see....it's now Friday....and silence reigns here at RU.......

They must all be very busy digging all that dirt.......Poor Kit...he has such diligent detractors.....If they weren't going after you, Kit, I'm sure they'd be spending their extra time on me and Ron.

Maybe we should be playing Billy Goat Gruff?

Ah...the beast has awoken......

Back to work.......

Last edited by dan on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:18 pm

dan wrote:Colin has uncovered the crime.

The motive remains mostly obscured.

I believe he has stated the motive quite clearly...here are a few quotes (emphasis mine):

"Again, the text pages of the Report are brilliant pieces of expert summary, written by someone who has a most detailed and scholarly knowledge of present day discussions on "anti-gravity," The material in the few odd pages of the Report is very definitely Web-derived and traceable to certain Lists and sites, such as American Antigravity at http://www.americanantigravity.com"

"In this sense, science can indeed be viewed as one big advertising system, selling "fact" as ruthlessly as others sell SERPO and CHAD stories. That science is a culture amongst other cultures is not taught as such. It should be. Anything which controls us in this sense is deeply political."

"Control of images means of course control of individual and collective imagination, which is the final objective of all image-based suggestion systems. Once that is achieved, political of control of time and thought, identity and action follow, and we feel "God" as a monkey sees and feels a hot water bottle as its loving mother. This illusion enables the creature to grow as much as does a packet full of "facts:" they are both equally as effective in operation. One is not "false" and the other "true" so much as both are different kinds of psychological management system, some more pleasant than others. "

"SERPO and CHAD are examples of products of the first generation of ruthless cyber mythologists. They are both performance memes. Using such elements Web technology has now reached a state where it possible to create a wholly new and very different kind of politics. This view represents the modelling and application of many different kinds of belief-manipulation systems in terms of control of different kinds of operational mythologies. These are somewhat plastic entities, just like CHAD and SERPO. As in molecular biology, mythologies can be designed and constructed as experimental platforms for all kinds of purposes. As such, they can be developed, applied, and managed as regards the design of any particular manipulation, the result being a world almost complete in itself. "

"In the case of SERPO and CHAD the purpose is to test belief systems as one would test an electronic circuit. In the previous literary world (now gone from us as Nineveh and Tyre) before cyber, this kind of thing was known as "faction." Given Web power, this has now become mythological engineering of a kind we have not seen before. The designers are interested in launching a Matrix-style information meme in order to form new patterns and programmes of belief-manipulation gaming. We should not be deceived; SERPO was a very crude prototype, CHAD, by comparison is a very advanced multi-media operation, and it is highly probable that there is much more of this kind of thing to come. "

The above has also been stated often by Ray - in that these stories are part of information system warfare. Where the intended purpose is to either create a new mythology (like the mythology of big-headed aliens and saucers so prevalent within our cultural consciousness now). And in addition to that - information system testing, where these ideas are distributed for the purpose of network nodal analysis.

Don't you find it at all relevant that your own mentor utilizes some of the most powerful information systems analysis software available to the government - the Analyst's Notebook? He knows what he's dealing with here, and is using a tool meant to do analysis on complex information systems.

Does he deliberately ignore the historical context?

That's a good point, although I believe considering the length of Part I - he's likely saving that for part II. It is also intended to be a part of our upcoming report. But I just want to say that the ideas Colin has put forth in this particular article - I agree with wholeheartedly. I believe he's closer to the answer concerning motive than just about anyone else at the moment.

Perhaps he does not wish to confront or disclose what makes Intelligence tick.

Sure he has - information systems analysis....dissecting nodal networks and uncovering the intricate connection between hundreds, thousands, and hundreds of thousands of nodes.

But that's only one aspect - the other aspect Colin has described involves the active process of injecting these stories in order to mold "facts" and control ideas in a slow and powerful process of creating cultural mythology that lives on long after we're gone.

It's an amazing thing. And the people who've been doing it for this long are brilliant and very, very good at what they do. And they've been very, very successful at it for a long time. We can thank them for Close Encounters, Independence Day, and those little plastic alien keychains that you can pick up at any local carnival.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Ry,

This is all fine and dandy……..BUT…..

Where is the 800 lb Gorilla in this story?

Who the heck is calling all these shots?

Who is behind the curtain pulling the strings……surely its not all just Ron and the Aviary!

Where is the Piper who calls the Tune?

For how long has the Piper been calling this (these?) Tune(s)???

That is the Question that is being so astutely begged, with every new paragraph. When is the Punch line? I have been following Colin for many years. I have yet to see a Punch line.

Is he now, finally, going to get to the Point……..or will he leave us twisting in his erudition as always before??

But we don’t really care who the Piper is, or not even who pays the Piper.

There is only one real mystery. What is the Tune? Nay. Where is the Piper leading us? Is this just another Scheherazade Act? Or is there some rhyme or reason behind it?

---
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:10 pm

Colin has done a wonderful job of setting the stage.

But now it must be populated.

Yes….stage center is the CIA….read ‘global intelligence community’. On stage right are the Powers that Be! Bilderbergs…Illuminati….Kiwanis Club(?)……..etc…etc. Wonderful!

Is this the 800 lb Gorilla?

But, Ry, I ask you and Colin…..Is there no one on stage left?

Stage Left is Empty!?

Rack your brain, Ry…….!!

Who is on Stage Left????????

Am I going to have to give you a hint…..or do you think you can figure this out all by your lonesome???

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:36 pm

What a load of.....noise :roll:

Not being picky or anything Dan, but who says your interpretation of "The Stage" is even correct? How can you ask someone a question regarding something, when the parameters for that "something" exist only inside your own head?

Bit odd if you ask me!

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:53 pm

Zep,
How can you ask someone a question regarding something, when the parameters for that "something" exist only inside your own head?

Ok, obviously it is time for a head count…………..!

How many of us here are scientific materialists?

How many people in the world subscribe to a strict scientific materialist account of reality??

When I last checked, it was about 0.0001%…..

So what about the other 99.99999...% of us?

What about you, Zep?

Now, let’s get back to populating our little stage here……

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:13 pm

I'm more interested in the stage conductor rather than the players performing on it, Dan.

As for what I think wrt Reality, my thoughts on it change with the weather. At the moment I would say I'm somewhere between the simulation theory and the holographic universe. I certainly do not think this is the "Best Possible World" - I am pretty sure the great programmer in the sky could have devised a far better and healthier system for removing human waste products from the body...

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby caryn » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:26 pm

But poo doesn't really exist - it's all just the materialist dream. Odd thing to dream about I grant you ;-)

The Dan Smith BPW won't have poo after the eschaton - but then again, it won't have sex or chocolate either ...
caryn
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Zep,
I am pretty sure the great programmer in the sky could have devised a far better and healthier system for removing human waste products from the body...

Ah, yes, and how many diapers have you had to change today??

There are at least two ways to look at the diaper problem…….

The genius who invented Pampers is now fabulously wealthy! He gives every spare penny to feeding the hungry….or so we should suppose….kinda like Robin Hood, don’t you think, except that now you‘re part of the hood that is being robbed?

Nature comes in cycles. All the cycles cohere…..miraculously…some think!

You personally don’t like aspects of the metabolic cycle. Would you have God interfere with that cycle and thereby utterly destroy the Coherence of Nature?

If nature weren’t so coherent we would not have science. If we only ever farted, and farts were only ever perfume, why would Al Gore have bothered to invent the Internet??

I ask you??

I trust, Zep, that you will address your response to the spirit of this question, and not start logic chopping with the superficial silliness of it. This is a serious business, and I struggle to lighten the load….on occasion.....ok...caryn might say it is a perfumed fart.....but I insist there is some substance.....can you deal with it........I know you can!!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:52 pm

Caryn,
The Dan Smith BPW won't have poo after the eschaton - but then again, it won't have sex or chocolate either ...

If only you knew how I struggle with this question…….!!! And you more than most.

But all I really need to do is point out that the laws of physics are almost certain to be a lot less lawful in heaven.

By the time we get to Phoenix, we won’t need such a short leash….now will we?? We might not even need Pampers or Attends!

And, hey, anytime you want a ticket back in time, back to before the big E, I'm sure it can be arranged. Look at me! Do I have a ticket to ride.....or not? Or am I just a day-tripper?

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:46 pm

dan wrote:Or am I just a day-tripper?

Certainly "tripping"....

Dan's future epitaph:

"Here I lie six feet in the ground
searched my whole life for the answer, and this is what I've found:

The end of the world is impossible for me to foresee
But clouds do turn to animals if you smoke enough weed.
Aliens manifest after wine and hallucinogens,
But now I know - six feet under is where the world really ends."
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:51 pm

No....here it is...

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:35 pm

You know we're just teasin' ya Dan. This place just wouldn't be the same without your perspective.

You yourself are a phenomenon - Ron couldn't have chosen a better agent for "unconventional collections". You get people thinking, and talking. And you roll with every punch like Muhammad Ali.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:04 pm

Hush my mouth.....or not!
dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to UFOs