Colin Bennett Article at RU

General UFO stories

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Postby wetsystems » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:33 pm

ryguy wrote:You know we're just teasin' ya Dan. This place just wouldn't be the same without your perspective.

You yourself are a phenomenon - Ron couldn't have chosen a better agent for "unconventional collections". You get people thinking, and talking. And you roll with every punch like Muhammad Ali.

-Ry

But has he learned the rope-a-dope?
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:42 pm

Part Two of Colin's excellent essay has been released and can be viewed from the RU homepage.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 am

Fantastic work Colin.

Also - my apologies for not responding to your email promptly at all. As you likely know, I've been a little swamped lately - but it sure is nice to see Part 2 published...your articles are quite popular by the way!

Talk to you soon,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dan » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 pm

----- Caution....Spoiler--------

Colin analyzes the drone/Isaac incidents from the perspective of Fort, Borges and postmodernism. He concludes:

Already the “alien” is “breaking through” or “being constructed” in the manner of an object from Tlön. Perhaps gung-ho “alien base” believers are not right or wrong, but have seen too far too soon.

Thus the proper answer to Fermi’s question “where are they?” is that "they" are in the wings. They are being costumed for that wonderful cultural pantomime (the final stage of the psycho-social equation ignored completely by its protagonists) called Factual Solidity, which is the greatest star prime-time performer of all. This is the final stage of a program before the “system” is forced to change its paradigm from billiard-ball atoms through molecules and quarks to the “arrival” of the alien form itself, the perfection of Alchemical consumerism.

Is there a near-term prognosis contained therein?

This is the final stage of a program…

If he is referring specifically to the drones, about which he waxes ebullient, then the paradigm shift can only be a few years out, at most. One can almost hear the heavy breathing over the strip tease and the ‘eroticism’ of the anticipation.

The significant but implicit question in these two articles is clearly: who’s running the show?

Allow me to answer for Colin: We are, but we haven’t figured that out yet.

These tricksterish archetypes are emerging from our collective unconscious.

Unbidden?? Or, bidden by whom?

They are a time-capsule buried by us, long ago and far away. Set to be triggered at the appropriate time.

And exactly what time is that? Why now?

Hmmm…….

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 pm

It's become a pop cliche to attribute 'the damned' to one scurrilous meme or other. Very unsatisfying. Charlie Fort is rolling in his grave.

There are, in fact, highly strange events, in reality- like it or not. Easy solutions, e.g. manipulations of ordinary apperception, are simply paranoid exegeses that beg the larger issue. Fort would never have been guilty of this manner of thinking.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:10 pm

Wet,

It's become a pop cliche to attribute 'the damned' to one scurrilous meme or other. Very unsatisfying. Charlie Fort is rolling in his grave.

There are, in fact, highly strange events, in reality- like it or not. Easy solutions, e.g. manipulations of ordinary apperception, are simply paranoid exegeses that beg the larger issue. Fort would never have been guilty of this manner of thinking.

I don’t see where Colin denies that there are such actual events. It’s just that he and I and many others happen to agree that the act of observation necessarily contributes to their actuality!

Ever hear of that before??

It’s kind’a like clapping for Tinkerbelle!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby wetsystems » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Ayup, heard about that alchemy before, Father Smith. But as Orthon was so fond of saying: the truth of this hypothesis is not quite as cerebrally trivial as you'd have us believe.

I'm tired and bored with Berkeley and Jung. I'm a Fort guy all the way. Gimme a good old rain of frogs spilt from the bladder of a parallel-universe-airship to ponder any day.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby dan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:09 pm

I don't perceive that either Colin or I is standing between you and your frogs!

dan
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby wetsystems » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:20 pm

dan wrote:I don't perceive that either Colin or I is standing between you and your frogs!

Nothing can stand between me and my frogs.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to UFOs