A warning posted on OM

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 am

murnut wrote:I am trying to raise my critical thinking game.

It may take time, and I might fall off the wagon, but I am trying.

That's all I can do.

I will personally attest to the fact that murnut is a trustworthy and honorable guy who is truly interested in understanding the truth....he just wants to see evidence from each side, both the believer side and the skeptic side, as we all do.

Recently murnut has brought some issues to our attention at RU, unrelated to all of this being discussed here in this thread (on another matter entirely), and has helped tremendously in understanding certain aspects of a case that we weren't aware of before. For that I am very grateful and I believe that if he stays interested in this field and stays on the path he's currently on - he's going to be a fantastic addition to the ranks of folks who are truly searching and interested in the *real* truth....regardless of where it leads.

That's the real question isn't it? When the truth leads you down a path that you didn't expect, and you didn't want to go down....do you refuse? Do you turn your back on the truth and try to find the path that is more in the direction you *wanted* it to be....or do you have faith that the evidence will lead the way to the closest representation of "truth" as you can get....and keep walking in the direction it has led, regardless of your own biases and feelings?

I think that murnut has seen a lot over the last few weeks, and I believe he now knows how to recognize and follow the right path.

And as I think a lot of the folks here will attest to...once you *see* it...once you understand that approach....your field of vision instantly becomes much wider, and you start to see and recognize things and patterns that you had overlooked so often before.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby caleban » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 am

By the way...the word of the day is: intransigence

As a means to inculcate or indoctrinate ?
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:18 am

murnut wrote:I did defy Chris's warning knowingly.

True but ultimately the choice was his... he chose to shoot the messenger *and* suppress the message by deleting it. Typical cult behavior...
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby IgnoreTheFacts » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am

Wait, now I'm confused. Is murnut a woo woo or not?
IgnoreTheFacts
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:22 pm

IgnoreTheFacts wrote:Wait, now I'm confused. Is murnut a woo woo or not?

He was originally headed toward that unfortunate demise of the "woo woo" crowd...the cliff was approaching, he had the accelerator pegged and was well on his way toward plunging into the same depths of paranoia, confusion, and ignorance as the rest of the millions of wind-tunnel jammed-open minded believers.

Thankfully, he was saved by a shameless act of facist censorship of reason and sanity against himself and one or two other folks who had woken temporarily from their foggy slumber.

They caught a glimpse of the outside world...and the shadowmasters standing behind the ignorant huddled masses...and opened their mouths to alert the others of the "reality" of their horrible situation. Another of the ignorant attempted to shout down their alerting the others to this new awareness...but thankfully murnut and shad (and I think one or two others) escaped with their sanity intact.

Take special note of Shadow's repeated observation: "something changed about OM...something changed about OM..."

Little does he know that what has changed is not OM, but instead he is the one who has changed. Let's hope that they stay on this brave new path...

:)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Well considering Jeddyi chose to come here and bleat about why I was booted, hes a bit sheepish in coming forwards now?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Jeddyhi made his opinion known on the main thread at OM before it was locked:

Jeddyhi at OM wrote:James has been as professional as can be. I am appalled by the way he is being treated. Elevenaugust's refusal to share anything with a "case closed" statement just stinks. I am ashamed of some of the behavior I have seen in here.

OMRT's purpose was to research and find answers, not to be belligerent to an International Director of Mufon.

I apologize not just to James, but to all the guests and members that are witnessing this unfold.

I must say I find the attitude of some of the OMRT members somewhat bewildering and offensive. But then again, I guess they would say the same about us!

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Maybe I should be happy I was banned then !

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Banned with integrity.

I loved that quote.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I believe if you are to be a good research team you can't let your feet be placed too firmly on one side of the fence. Don't get locked into a certain mind set before you begin your research. Let the path open in front of you and don't be afraid to make changes in directions if new paths are seen in the headlights.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Chorlton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:41 pm

murnut wrote:Banned with integrity.
I loved that quote.

Its the British way Old Boy, Stiff upper lip in front of the executioner y'know
Pip Pip

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:50 pm

ryguy wrote:[
Take special note of Shadow's repeated observation: "something changed about OM...something changed about OM..."

Little does he know that what has changed is not OM, but instead he is the one who has changed. Let's hope that they stay on this brave new path...

-Ry

I disagree Ry,
My attitude remains as it always has. If you are dealing with drones...odds are you are dealing with a non existent phenomenon! I was free to post these thoughts at OM for the majority of my 2 year stint there....until recently (when the OMRT became the voice of OM)
I was the token skeptic for much of my time there.....skepticism wrapped in a little comic relief.....but you gotta know when dealing with the subject of UFOs (or Serpo or any other strange phenomena) I am one that wants serious research and irrifutable proof......I enjoy the subject and do believe we are not alone......but i aint no "woo woo" (is that the term used??)
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 pm

TheShadow wrote:
ryguy wrote:[

-Ry

I disagree Ry,
My attitude remains as it always has. If you are dealing with drones...odds are you are dealing with a non existent phenomenon! I was free to post these thoughts at OM for the majority of my 2 year stint there....until recently (when the OMRT became the voice of OM)

I know...it's hard to see it within yourself, and I certainly didn't expect you to agree with me.

On the other hand, I have to admit that I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are back there again within a month or so.

Alas...

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

I am sure ill lurk there....as i tend to do at many forums.....but i do not think my account will ever be recreated.....unless and until their forum returns to being at least semi open minded
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:23 pm

I want to go back so that I can re-post my deleted post.

I doubt that will be allowed.

I still have received no official communication from OM regarding my ban.

I would have thought I would have by now.

Maybe they don't like my opinion or criticism.

That is their prerogative, but that is not exactly "open minded"
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames