A warning posted on OM

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:45 pm

TheShadow wrote:I am sure ill lurk there....as i tend to do at many forums.....but i do not think my account will ever be recreated.....unless and until their forum returns to being at least semi open minded

IT NEVER WAS

ffs....

Seriously...I'm appalled at your inability to see it when it has happened to others starting a LONG time ago. Now that it happens to you...suddenly it's "different".

Unbelievable.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:03 pm

I have to respectfully disagree........there was a time when OM allowed (although maybe not encouraged) skepticism. It's not as though i am some naive kid that couldnt see they leaned towards believerism (is that a word?) but i (and others) was never warned with bannishment unless i crossed the line and became crude and obnoxious ( a few of my more likeable traits!!) Skeptics were allowed to voice their opinion as long as proper decorum was maintained. I know you see it differently and i respect that...but something there has changed recently...and i remain my old skeptical self!!
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:32 pm

TheShadow wrote: Skeptics were allowed to voice their opinion as long as proper decorum was maintained.

erm.....ok then... LOL

Could you do me a favor? Could you search through the OM forum and provide a single post of Steve's on OM that would justify his banning a LONG time ago (when OM supposedly allowed skeptics to voice their opinion).

I know you see it differently and i respect that...but something there has changed recently...and i remain my old skeptical self!!

I shall resist the urge to write a 10-page diatribe...actually, I already wrote it...got it out of my system...and then trashed it.

It's just not worth the headache to argue about it.

Anyway...I promised myself I'd never waste time / energy on this topic again... arrgghh.....

I need to get to the gym and burn this off... before I break something. lol

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 pm

Really, you both are right.

It has been that way and it has gotten worse.

I just can't believe that they are above criticism.

Banning me and deleting my opinion does not change anything.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Jakereason has told me that your post [murnut] was archived, not deleted.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 pm

As long as we are on the subject on banning, I propose that we eliminate all bannings here at RU and repeal them all.

Bring back Toon!

:party: :rockerdude: :trstme:
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:28 pm

ryguy wrote:[
Could you do me a favor? Could you search through the OM forum and provide a single post of Steve's on OM that would justify his banning a LONG time ago (when OM supposedly allowed skeptics to voice their opinion).

Well as long as we are being so forthright here lets be totally honest.......perhaps Steves banning had something to do with the fact that y'all lied and manipulated your way into moderatorship over there before starting this forum. You guys arent exactly blameless in the fact that you are despised by many over there......... there was much underhanded BS going on in the early days........may well still be for all we know! Your methods are not exactly always the most scrupulous and straightforward.....remember Tacitus??

For all the head bashing these two forums do.....they are two sides of the same coin!! Where OM is die hard believers RU is die hard skeptics...... perhaps somewhere there is a middle ground forum?

I came here in good faith....but if all im gonna get is beat on because i was a member of OM then give the word and ill split!!

I stand by what i said before.......most of those banned at OM were banned for good reason (myself included the many times i was banned) and for the record i was not banned this time I left of my own accord!
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:40 pm

ScaRZ wrote:Jakereason has told me that your post [murnut] was archived, not deleted.

Thank-you for all you did ScaRZ.

I wonder if at some point they post it?

I won't hold my breath.
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:59 pm

Murnut just sit back and let it all slide down your backside. Don't let something like this get the best of you. Stay true to yourself and don't let others influence you. Respect is something that most of the time is hard to gain but can be lost very quickly. Be who YOU ARE and don't ever leave that behind for anybody or anything. :wink:
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:02 pm

TheShadow wrote:Well as long as we are being so forthright here lets be totally honest.......

Damn straight. Let's do it.

perhaps Steves banning had something to do with the fact that y'all lied and manipulated your way into moderatorship over there before starting this forum.

Oh really Mr. "Skeptic"? Care to describe what you base that oh-so-well-researched conclusion on? Got some supporting evidence? Were you aware that I was approached by Bren initially to join OM? Not exactly a pro-active approach of someone trying to "manipulate" their way into a top-secret fraternity that has all of the amazing answers to life the universe and everything.

Maybe it's based on some spiteful rumor-mill b.s. writeup based on speculation...and of course since it fits your little tiny "I-believe-everything-I'm-told" belief-system...you accept it as true.

There are a hell of a lot of folks out there who believe strongly in their personal "morality"...but have a hell of a lot of skeletons in their own closets. And if you think I'm going to back down from some moronic and ill-informed accusations from someone like you who has no clue how to ask hard questions before **buying** the propaganda you've read over there - you've got another thing coming.

You guys arent exactly blameless in the fact that you are despised by many over there......... there was much underhanded BS going on in the early days........may well still be for all we know! Your methods are not exactly always the most scrupulous and straightforward.....remember Tacitus??

Hey...he rocks. Without Tacitus you'd still be eating the cream off of Rick Doty's Serpo Sunday.

By the way..."the many"? Why don't you take a poll. Except...one requirement is that in order to qualify to vote you have to provide your real identity with name and residential address included. You'll find your "many members" dwindle down to a pathetic few, who are just as clueless about what really took place in the past as you are.

For all the head bashing these two forums do.....they are two sides of the same coin!! Where OM is die hard believers RU is die hard skeptics...... perhaps somewhere there is a middle ground forum?

You don't know the meaning of the word "skepticism"....and you can barely even see the ground, let alone know where the damn middle is.

I came here in good faith....but if all im gonna get is beat on because i was a member of OM then give the word and ill split!!

The WORD.

I stand by what i said before.......most of those banned at OM were banned for good reason (myself included the many times i was banned) and for the record i was not banned this time I left of my own accord!

Good..then go stand with the rest of the folks who are wrong, and remain clueless with the rest of them.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby TheShadow » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Been fun......or not!! See ya!

You think with the few posters this forum has you'd quit chasing away the new ones that come along!

Coming soon........Reality of the Open Minds Uncovered forum...check your google listing!! LMAO
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:16 pm

TheShadow wrote:You think with the few posters this forum has you'd quit chasing away the new ones that come along!

Nope...quality over quantity. This isn't Wal-Mart.

See ya.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 pm

ScaRZ wrote:Murnut just sit back and let it all slide down your backside. Don't let something like this get the best of you. Stay true to yourself and don't let others influence you. Respect is something that most of the time is hard to gain but can be lost very quickly. Be who YOU ARE and don't ever leave that behind for anybody or anything. :wink:

I will, I am good.

I have received emails from good people who are my friends.

I will get by with a little help from them.
:partytime:
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 pm

People really should stop believing the fantasy b.s. that has been posted about our moderatorship at Open Minds. It has been said, both over there and elsewhere that "we only joined to see what information we could get our grubby little hands on". That is the biggest, steamiest, smelliest pile of claptrap that has ever been said about our time there, and there have been enough.

As Ry said above, he was INVITED by Bren to become a moderator at OM, I followed shortly after. Those comments that a certain someone posted on a certain website early last year were only true from that person's perspective. The reality of the situaton was that both Ry and I thought it would be a good idea to pool resources with those at OM in order to help us all get closer to the truth. We didn't tell that certain someone the whole story because of that persons intense dislike of everything about OM and nor did we want our own "collusion" with them to further taint our already strained relationship.

The fact of the matter is Ryan and I shared a hell of a lot of information with the OM guys, information that they nor anyone else had. We TOLD them about the fake anonymous episode (long before it was "exposed" in public by Victor and the OM mods) and all of the information we had received from it as a result. They knew about that story for weeks, but went on the attack in public after we both resigned and setup RU - while all the time trying to create the totally false impression that they knew nothing about it. They knew all the IP information, they knew all about Doty not being a lawyer and they knew a lot of other little dirty secrets we had learned from Bill. We had given them information and for the most part while we were there they kept it confidential. That is unless your name is Rick Davis. Bren actually banned him at one point for breaking a confidentiality but foolishly he was let back in shortly thereafter . If Rick Davis hadn't been a mod at OM, there is a very high probability that Ryan and I may never have left. To say we lied and manipulated our way into OM is a complete and utter lie in itself. I still have the complete archive from the mod forum which shows everything exactly as it happened and anyone who would compare the archive with the posts that subsequently appeared on the public OM forum would receive quite an eye-opener. I did mention all of this back then on their forum, but they did a marvellous job of completely ignoring every point I was making and instead tried to drown out the argument with strawmen and other such niceties. I haven't checked in ages whether or not everything is still there, but I made sure I had my own backups in any case.

As for the Tacitus thing, given that Rick Davis and Chris Iversen were running to Victor with everything we were giving them, yeah- course I was going to admit to being Tacitus! :roll:

Anyway, all of that is old news but sometimes these things have to be said, lest the lies and bs be believed.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:Anyway, all of that is old news but sometimes these things have to be said, lest the lies and bs be believed.

A lot of people have given their perspectives on past events - and have built themselves up little pedestals they can stand on, sweep all of the nasty things they did and said into their padlocked closet and pretend that their own actions were moral and spotless. I've kept quiet through most of those retellings of history, I see no good from correcting the stories. I know that in every situation I've personally tried to do the right thing throughout this history. Although I have surely tripped up, as every single person has, and if anyone denies they have ever tripped, they're lying.

But I'm not ashamed of a single effort, because at it's core it was always based on understanding the truth. In fact I'm proud of many things we've done, especially from the collective efforts of many folks, even the efforts of friends long gone. I'm not afraid to face anything straight on, because in every single situation I tried to do the right thing, and can rest at night because I know that, even though others sometimes don't know the whole story and probably never will. But I don't care to tell them, because I don't care to expose things others have done that really have no value seeing the light of day.

I've instead tried to simply move forward and choose friends and associates much more wisely and carefully in the future.

But I swear...if there are many more of these perversions of history and lies put out there like what Shadow alluded to...

Ever see those news stories where some factory employee flips out and leaves a bloody trail of bodies...and the witnesses always say, "He was so quiet and reserved...we just never expected...."

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames