A warning posted on OM

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 am

murnut wrote:As long as we are on the subject on banning, I propose that we eliminate all bannings here at RU and repeal them all.

Bring back Toon!

I like Toon's mind...I just can't handle his mouth. And he's attacked us (and lied about us) worse than just about anyone. We used to be fairly good friends until he turned into an evil freak on the attack.

The day he comes back will be the day a UFO lands on the White House lawn.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:18 am

That whole episode pre-dates my arrival on the scene.

I had heard many stories...I dont know whats true and what is not, so I make no judgments.

I have made plenty of mistakes, but I stand up to them everytime.
You can judge me on that.

Shads is a good guy, The OM spin is anti RU, I have been pm'ed many times in the past about what a bad place this was.

Obviously that is not the case.

So what about Toon?

Edit...whoops posting at the same time

Breaking News Aliens Landing at White House lawn tomorrow...I saw it on GLP
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:57 am

Murnut......you are correct that this does pre-date your arrival. Don't even attempt to be a peace maker,I've gone down that road before and it will only lead to utter failure. Some things are better if left alone,and I believe this is one that stands at the front of the line.
Once something has been fractured this severely,no amount of glue will be sufficient.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:04 am

I'm just thankful there are people who are willing to ignore the propaganda, and actually talk to me personally before judging based on what they've heard from others who don't even know me.

Again...the lesson learned is to choose friends very, very carefully...but also, the benefit of that is once chosen - appreciate them that much more.

Cheers guys,
-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:20 am

I agree.

I am over my hurt, anger, embarrassment or what ever it was.

No more Latrine for me.

Onward, Upward and Forward.

Keep moving forward, not looking backwards.
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby sandman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm

As for saying all here are hard skeptics.

I'm a believer that wants hard proof.
I will not be spoon fed something with no evidence though I would love for it to be true.
sandman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:15 pm

ryguy wrote:Ever see those news stories where some factory employee flips out and leaves a bloody trail of bodies...and the witnesses always say, "He was so quiet and reserved...we just never expected...."

"He seemed like such a nice boy." :lol:

ryguy wrote:Nope...quality over quantity. This isn't Wal-Mart.

Man are you on a roll.... you're killing me! :D

To that end I wanted to let folks know we're currently working on a revised set of board rules that will hopefully make the signal to noise ratio on RU even higher... i.e. create an environment where what we just witnessed happening at OM for example won’t be tolerated happening to established researchers and other interested folks who understand the importance of using a more scientific evidence based approach when it comes to discussing alternative topics and advancing/defending theories… no matter how “out there” they may be.

If there’s any progress to be made in this field one thing seems certain to me… the current practice of preaching to the choir isn’t going to get anybody anywhere.

[unless of course you're in it solely for the money or self effigy in which case you’re on your own… there are any number of outlets available elsewhere for you to ply your wares in competition with the rest of the snake-oil salesmen]

sandman wrote:I'm a believer that wants hard proof.
I will not be spoon fed something with no evidence though I would love for it to be true.

Now that’s what we like to hear!
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:44 pm

sandman wrote:As for saying all here are hard skeptics.

My daily prayer sir !!

BTW did this site fart this morning??
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby murnut » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:59 pm

sandman wrote:As for saying all here are hard skeptics.

I whole heartedly support this.
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Contrary to what others may have you believe, just because I say I do not believe we are being visited by ET's, does not imply I would not like it to be so - I most certainly would love confirmation of ET life!

As for the site fart this morning, that was due to the webhost disabling the account because of an issue with spamming on a different site housed on the same server. They disabled all accounts which is what they tend to do in those situations. Fascists ;)

If more people clicked on the donate button we'd move the site to a dedicated server ;)

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ryguy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:55 pm

And contrary to what people say, I do believe we are being visited by "aliens", but that they aren't material, nor are they as easily explained as beings from other planets...but instead....of a nature that our science doesn't yet comprehend. I don't believe they come from within, but instead come from forces external to us that can tap our own consciousness. Unfortunately most sightings/contacts/experiences are a result of mental problems, so it's hard to hear the "good" stories from people with their senses intact but experiencing things they can't explain.

I also have a personal opinion as to what the entities are, but that goes into the realm of blatant speculation (even more than the above comment), so I won't go there.

Obviously we all have differences of opinion about some aspects of these subjects - but as AD pointed out very well, when people can approach differences of opinion in a mature and understanding way - there's no reason a very tight and cooperative effort can't still succeed, where so many others have failed.

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Previous

Google

Return to OM Flames