IS OM the new ATS

Any discussion related to OM goes here

IS OM the new ATS

Postby Chorlton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 am

Ive just taken a look over at Empty Minds and the amount of self important nut jobs there is astounding.
IMHO its is becoming the home of the REAL nut jobs now.
Posts like:
Nordic Aliens, How common are they? I read they are more common in GB than in the US, but thats all. How come I rarely hear of them?.
ERRRRR Maybe cause they dont exist? did that thought ever enter the pea you call a brain?

I also see Norio Hayakawawawawa is now pontificating on Chinese Lanterns over there. Not content on doing little except reposting news items he finds around the web on his ATS 'Conspiracy master' forum (how sad is that) he's now going to Empty Minds to educate the unwashed.
I found him rather rude. When I joined ATS I contacted him 3 times, yet never once receievd even an acknowledgement of my emails to him.

The Old Hoaxer Gridkeeper/John Lenard Walson/Simon Anderson is still over there posting his rubbish, but he hasnt posted anything new for many many months now, merely re-editting his old stuff and zooming in etc etc etc and calling it new stuff, but the mindless are still doing their 'OH WOW' thats so real, crap.

Barry King also seems to be keeping his head down and mouth shut now. He used to be all mouth and trousers, even referring to himself as "The UK's Bob Lazar" (yep another liar) but for a few years now he's kept a very low profile since BIG inconsistencies have appeared in his 'Peasmore DUMB' Hoax, and the arrival of The Internet.
Its also fascinating to see that 'Mr Paranoia', James Casbolt, has now started declaring that he himself was taken to this non existant base. Prior to this year he had only ever mentioned Peasmore when he and his daft mate Gridkeeper/James Lenard Walson/Simon Anderson drove around the Village, but since the demise of King, Casbolt has taken up the Hoax.

Looks like Zorgon has, to all intents and purposes taken over John Lear's forum. Are these two joined at the hip or is there something a little.....errr......cosier here?

Weird world aint it ?
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: IS OM the new ATS

Postby ryguy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Chorlton wrote:Ive just taken a look over at Empty Minds and the amount of self important nut jobs there is astounding.
IMHO its is becoming the home of the REAL nut jobs now.

It's no different than the hundreds of other similar small-time amateur nutjob sites scattered throughout the internet.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:57 am

*bursts out Laughing!!!*

Okay Ry... I just Have to bite:

and RU is better than them other sites because...?

Let's face it; we're ALL bozos on this bus.

RU isn't "better" than ATS or Open Minds or (fill in the blank), it's just Different. *shrugs*

Il mondo è bello perchè è vario.

Viva la différence!
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:59 pm

torbjon wrote:and RU is better than them other sites because...?

Straw man… Ryan never said RU was better.

If we were better than ATS we would have more than the 100 threads they have about Blossom Goodchild instead of only one.

If we were better than OM we would have more than the 1000 threads they have about the Drones instead of only one.

If we were better than (fill in the blank) we would have more than 10 active threads.

torbjon wrote:Let's face it; we're ALL bozos on this bus.

Now THAT is Reality Uncovered.

torbjon wrote:Viva la différence!

Amen.

Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby mojo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:00 am

visited OM once after leaving ats....didn't like it at all, appeared to be lacking even the minimal credibility of ats. :D
like torbjon though i say good luck to them....amkon isnt everyones cup of tea either, just ask chorlton, lol.
i like going to glp occasionally and having a laugh, you even manage to find a few little gems there sometimes.
i'll also visit ghmb to argue with some of the loons there.
its what i love about the net, variety.
it would be pretty stale and unappetizing if all "alternative" sites were the same imo.
what is needed is balance, ive managed to find and be comfortable on sites now that are polar opposites as far as ideology is concerned, i think thats a good thing.
having said all that, OM isn't one of the ones i'd visit again. lol.
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:21 pm

torbjon wrote:and RU is better than them other sites because...?

Shall I count the ways...? lol

RU isn't "better" than ATS or Open Minds or (fill in the blank), it's just Different. *shrugs*

For anyone interested in ultimately uncovering the true story about an event, a phenomenon, a story, a scam artist, etc... yes, RU is far better than any other site I've been able to find out there. I've found individual people who are brilliant researchers with an ability to dive into a situation where most others would start screaming "ghost!!!" or "alien!!!" - and come out at the other end with a scientific investigation that produces documents, photos and evidence revealing the true story. But I've yet to find a website focused on these unknown phenomenon that brings those legitimate experts together and keeps out the wackjobs as well as we've been able to manage to here. If there was one, I never would have been interested in personally founding RU with Steve.

You keep saying - hey, we're all whackjobs in our own way. Not really man...there's certainly an abnormal level of interest in the paranormal, and then there are classic diagnosed cases of schitzophrenia, delusion, and countless disorders...and for whatever reason, people with those diagnosed disorders are also drawn to these topics. Allowing them at the same table simply isn't productive and it destroys any hope of getting to any sort of truth.

The other sites that cover the paranormal simply have too much nutjob "noise," so a productive environment just can't be fostered, and the truth always gets lost in the insanity. The mission of RU is to produce that kind of environment where ultimately the truth can finally be revealed. Do I think we're "better" at that? You're damn right I do.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Ry:

I Totally agree with your assessment of RU. I guess what I was getting at with the "we're all whackjobs" thing was this:

Intended Purpose / Intended Use, (A little concept I picked up at the Culinary Institute of America) and that's where the rub is.

In the case of forums, intended purpose would be the "mission statement", intended use is what really goes on. Here at RU purpose and use seem to closely reflect each other. There's very little "clutter" here, very little "noise"... sure, we all go off on tangents from time to time, but for the most part it's a tight ship. This facilitates research greatly.

A site like ATS, on the other hand, has a very similar mission statement as RU... They claim to be seeking the truth in regards to alternative topics, that they deny ignorance, they are serious, grown up, etc. but the actual Use doesn't really reflect that very well.

It's like... opening a Haute Cuisine restaurant and seeking a five star rating in Zaggat... you have a good location, a good staff, a good menu, everything is fancy and high class... but your clientèle is blue collar folks in work clothes, families with small children, the geriatric crowd... it's a noisy environment full of people who don't really appreciate or understand the setting or the cuisine. NOT the kind of place you want to take your date to after the opera, ya know?

The owners basically have two choices:

Deny admittance to certain types of people (either through over pricing or a thug at the door) This carries the very real risk of being run out of business.

or

Alter your "mission statement" (storefront, staff, menu) to reflect the needs and desires of your clientèle. This carries the very real risk of losing or not obtaining that five star Zaggat rating.

ATS seems to be a primarily Entertainment driven environment now. People go their to be entertained, have a good time, hang out... which is Great, but that's not what the sign on the door says. ATS reminds me very much of a place I used to hang out at about 15 years ago: the Interactive Fantasy Network. At IF.net "mission statement" and actual use closely reflected each other so it was cool...

If purpose and use are in harmony, then there's no problems... you may not get that five star rating or make a lot of money (or even be able to stay in business) but everything is on the level, on the up and up... it's Real and honest and true...

Purpose and Use do not seem to be in harmony at ATS, ergo I watch them *shrugs*

As far as the "whackjob" thingy goes, hey, we ARE all bozos on this bus. You, me, everybody. Just embrace that... it's make life easier *grins*

laters
twj
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Chorlton » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:54 pm

What I loved at OM was when I questioned the Hoaxer Gridkeeper about his FAST hoaxes *I* was asked to provide evidence that they were hoaxes instead of him providing proof they werent ! Bloody classic.
I also fronted the Hoaxer Barry King for evidence of his alleged, non existant Peasmore base and watched him blub and blub then fail to produce anything, yet the mods still asked me to provide counter evidence proving a negative!
Hilarious.

The main thing that peeved me about Amkon was Toon. You just cant argue or reason with an idiot. There was another halfwit there that decided to take a poke at me but he got it all back. Apart from which John Lear is there spreading his lies, hallucinations and hoaxes and I wont go to any site that allows him to post.
Theres also a lot of "my balls are bigger than yours", Harley Davidson owner type posts which dont amuse me that much (then again I used to own a Harley untill I re-discovered classic Brit bikes)

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby mojo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 am

Chorlton wrote:The main thing that peeved me about Amkon was Toon. You just cant argue or reason with an idiot. There was another halfwit there that decided to take a poke at me but he got it all back. Apart from which John Lear is there spreading his lies, hallucinations and hoaxes and I wont go to any site that allows him to post.
Theres also a lot of "my balls are bigger than yours", Harley Davidson owner type posts which dont amuse me that much (then again I used to own a Harley untill I re-discovered classic Brit bikes)

and thats what i love about it, weird huh. :)

mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:41 am

mojo wrote:
Chorlton wrote:The main thing that peeved me about Amkon was Toon. You just cant argue or reason with an idiot. There was another halfwit there that decided to take a poke at me but he got it all back. Apart from which John Lear is there spreading his lies, hallucinations and hoaxes and I wont go to any site that allows him to post.

and thats what i love about it, weird huh. :)

To each their own. Ive never denigrated Amkon as theres some good stuff there =D> . It just isnt for me. Give me a shout when Loony Lear leaves (or dies)

And, Ahhh you showed a video of AC/DC and my old mate Bon Scott. Bon was a VERY good friend of mine, though I preferred him much earlier when he was in The Valentines. His voice was wasted in AC/DC. He was a damned good drummer too.
RIP mate.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby mojo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:15 am

Chorlton wrote:And, Ahhh you showed a video of AC/DC and my old mate Bon Scott. Bon was a VERY good friend of mine, though I preferred him much earlier when he was in The Valentines. His voice was wasted in AC/DC. He was a damned good drummer too.
RIP mate.

theres hardly an aussie male alive who doesn't love the bloke.
i know every lyric to every song off "dirty deeds" "tnt" "high voltage" "highway to hell"......a true rock legend and living proof (unintended) that charisma shits all over good looks imho.
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:00 pm

mojo wrote:
Chorlton wrote:And, Ahhh you showed a video of AC/DC and my old mate Bon Scott. Bon was a VERY good friend of mine, though I preferred him much earlier when he was in The Valentines. His voice was wasted in AC/DC. He was a damned good drummer too.
RIP mate.

theres hardly an aussie male alive who doesn't love the bloke.
i know every lyric to every song off "dirty deeds" "tnt" "high voltage" "highway to hell"......a true rock legend and living proof (unintended) that charisma shits all over good looks imho.

Bon had both. He was a good looking little bugger and had that air of charisma and 'Little boy' charm that girls loved.
In the Valentines though, with Vinny Lovegrove and another old mate of mine Warwick Findlay, they were incredible and unstoppable.
But in those days Oz was changing musically, Max Merrit and Billy thorpe had gone relatively hardcore Rock as were other bands like Doug Parkinson (what a great Voice) and Chain, so Bons move to the Eastern States was pretty sure to happen. Wendy Saddington was a girl vocalist with such talent it made you tingle, many people including myself begged her to come to London to record but she got religion and refused
Bon and I drank a lot of booze together both in Oz and in London and as a personal friend I miss him and his insane laugh.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Access Denied » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:41 am

Chorlton wrote:"my balls are bigger than yours", Harley Davidson owner type posts

Now wait a minute, what are you trying to say? I own a Harley…

Does it look like I’ve got big balls to you?

[putting aside for the moment I’m riding around in the snow at 7,000 ft. in a tank top]

Don’t shoot me I’m only the piano player…

[when I’m not playing guitar]

Chorlton wrote:(then again I used to own a Harley untill I re-discovered classic Brit bikes)

Sorry to hear that. :lol:
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Google

Return to OM Flames