OM and Mouse Trace

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Re: OM and Mouse Trace

Postby Smersh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am

FYI guys, I just made a post in the OM thread querying the "deleting posts after cancelling an account" issue and also JonCurcio's apparent banning after he cancelled his account there. Please see my Reply #84 here.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby jeddyhi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Sounds like more lies from Garuda. Seems he went and submitted a false problem to Proboards support to cover their ass. The date of his submission to proboards is a few days after Jon was banned. And curiously, there is no thread on OM of anyone talking about having been banned erroneously and wanting to know what happened. He states that 'racoon' was a victim of this 'banning' error, but yet racoon hasn't posted anything since the 20th of July. I wouldn't be surprised if racoon is a sock of a staff member anyway. Bren has/had about 15 socks I believe.

Nice how the erroneous banning problem fixed itself. Now if their ethics problem and lies and BS problem could just fix themselves lol

The lies and BS they spew over there is sickening....it really is.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me either Jedd. And I still can't understand how users can delete posts after they've cancelled their accounts, when they then no longer have a login ...

I'll see how it develops then might make another post over there (unless I've been banned by then of course. :lol: )
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:32 pm

philliman wrote:
I fear that they will ignore it in hope that none of the OM-members is still reading this thread. Besides Scarz of course.

Even if they don't do that if they would read that thread at OM carefully they would notice that the admins still haven't explained why they've installed it in first place. No real explanation has been given why that program was running. All just lies and deflection. Well, the usual stuff we are used to get from the OM-admins.

I know from past discussions it will do no good to post comments from this forum and place them at OM.

Whatever the reason was for installing Mouse Trace,the response that was given at OM from the Staff will close the curtain on the issue there.

In my opinion the "Main Staff" was dead wrong in banning members over speaking their minds over Mouse Trace. I thought it was a wrong move and I spoke up.

In my opinion Mouse Trace or any other software that could be used, or is being used to spy should have no place on any open forum.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:19 pm

bewildered wrote:
No argument there. If the issue is not post deletion but editing instead (in the interests of "thread integrity"), why allow members the ability to edit their posts at all? Members "in good standing" perform that operation constantly, some more than others as I'm sure you know. We've seen entire swaths of threads go "poof" due to editing. It's a scurrilous justification to ban a member, one that has no merit: "They left in what we state was a huff. Quick, ban 'em so they don't go crazy with the edit button!" :shock:

Out of curiosity, what do they do about members who are there and not in a huff, who go crazy with the edit button? Ban them so they stop? :D

I think the edit or modify button is a great thing to have. Many times I go back and find errors in my post. Sometimes it's nothing more than spacing being too close for eyes to read with comfort. I have noticed at times I've placed a scripture verse in the wrong topic line. And of coarse an incorrect spelling. This option allows me to correct the problem without me having to contact a Mod or leaving it as it is.

I personally would never start removing all my post over getting mad,or deciding it's time for me to leave.

On a couple occasions another member and I have gotten into a very heated war of words and a Mod would send me a PM asking me if I would remove the parts that were over the top and went against forum rules. Every time I would tell them If the other party will agree to remove theirs I will remove mine using the modify button. As far as my knowledge they have never deleted a post or any words of mine without bringing it to my attention first. Anything that was removed,either I modified it myself or I ask them to go ahead and delete the whole thing.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby JonCurcio » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Smersh wrote:Doesn't seem to make much sense to me either Jedd. And I still can't understand how users can delete posts after they've cancelled their accounts, when they then no longer have a login ...

Exactly. I'm still banned, if anyone is curious. I don't want them to lift the ban, either. I just want them to be honest, which for them seems to be painfully difficult.
JonCurcio

Postby jeddyhi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm

JonCurcio wrote:
Smersh wrote:Doesn't seem to make much sense to me either Jedd. And I still can't understand how users can delete posts after they've cancelled their accounts, when they then no longer have a login ...

Exactly. I'm still banned, if anyone is curious. I don't want them to lift the ban, either. I just want them to be honest, which for them seems to be painfully difficult.

I wouldn't go back even if they rolled out the red carpet, offered to give me a pedicure, waxed my car and mowed my lawn. I do have to live with being a former staff member though I believe during my time there I learned a lot. I'm talking about stuff you won't find in any text book but stuff you have to go through and experience in order to form a better understanding.

Ivo and Jake are actually pretty good guys when you remove the Ufology aspect and just view them as people. Jake is a little on the eccentric side though lol. They are really the only two I ever got to know well at all.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby bewildered » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:15 pm

JonCurcio wrote:Exactly. I'm still banned, if anyone is curious. I don't want them to lift the ban, either. I just want them to be honest, which for them seems to be painfully difficult.

Ditto, Jon. Considering their track record, I doubt that honesty will ever happen. This MouseTrace fracas is but one in a series of incidents where these jokers appear to do nothing but lie through their teeth. I loathe making assumptions about anyone or anything, but they really leave you with little choice in the matter. They've fudged so much and so often it's likely they end up believing their own histrionics.
bewildered

Postby philliman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:20 pm

ScaRZ wrote:I know from past discussions it will do no good to post comments from this forum and place them at OM.

Whatever the reason was for installing Mouse Trace,the response that was given at OM from the Staff will close the curtain on the issue there.

In my opinion the "Main Staff" was dead wrong in banning members over speaking their minds over Mouse Trace. I thought it was a wrong move and I spoke up.

In my opinion Mouse Trace or any other software that could be used, or is being used to spy should have no place on any open forum.

Fully agree here. They may believe that the average members there won't bother to check out the link to this discussion since they already labeled us as being just revengeful ex-members or something like that. Which is plain wrong. If I would be still a member there I would pose the same questions I'm posing here. And I'm sure everyone else here would do the same too. Because this is not about revenge but about to get to the bottom of all this. Why has Mouse Trace been installed, Bren, Lee, Garuda, Doc??? Still no answer yet.

And, yes, a responsible admin wouldn't have installed such a kind of software on his board when knowing that it could violate the privacy of its members.
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby murnut » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 pm

jeddyhi wrote:Sounds like more lies from Garuda. Seems he went and submitted a false problem to Proboards support to cover their ass. The date of his submission to proboards is a few days after Jon was banned. And curiously, there is no thread on OM of anyone talking about having been banned erroneously and wanting to know what happened. He states that 'racoon' was a victim of this 'banning' error, but yet racoon hasn't posted anything since the 20th of July. I wouldn't be surprised if racoon is a sock of a staff member anyway. Bren has/had about 15 socks I believe.

Nice how the erroneous banning problem fixed itself. Now if their ethics problem and lies and BS problem could just fix themselves lol

The lies and BS they spew over there is sickening....it really is.

hahaha....Quote for Truth

edit spelling
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Smersh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:22 pm

Oh that's a bit odd. The problem OM were having with people showing as suddenly banned seems to have resolved itself already.

First of all, the problem now seems to be solved for this user as well: he now can get in again.

But he had the problem from several connections, meaning he tried from home, from work, ... and everywhere got the same error message, i.e. that he was banned.

Only now, in the last minutes did he regain access when he tried on his work computer (from which he had tried before, today).

Anyway... the problem seems to have resolved itself.

Thanks

http://support.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 653&page=1

I wonder what went wrong there then? :shock:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 am

Smersh wrote:I wonder what went wrong there then? :shock:

http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index. ... e=4#314315

Garuda wrote:Since you say you'd rather stick to other forums, I'll grant you your wish...

bye, bye

http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index. ... e=6#314467

Lee wrote:And for the record, joncurcio deleted his own account and was not banned by any member of staff.

Oops…

[smilie=to funny.gif]
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby suspicioso » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am

Wow, I go on holiday for a bit and OM starts to implode again!

Thanks for the heads up on MouseTrace guys - yet another entry for my /etc/hosts file :(
Too Dangerous For Open Minds Forum!
suspicioso
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby jeddyhi » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:54 am

New post in the OMF Mouse trace thread.

Just wanted to make everyone aware of another tracking software that comes with Google Analytics that is also not a nice program. keep your eye out for Kissmetrics.

Read more: http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=10480&page=6#314924

Why does anubus30 say that Kissmetrics is from Google Analytics? It is not as far as I can tell. Neither was Mouse Trace. There is so much misinformation going on at OMF. By the way, as of yet no response from the Google help forum or from Mouse Trace owner Dan Field
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:19 pm

jeddyhi wrote: ... Why does anubus30 say that Kissmetrics is from Google Analytics? It is not as far as I can tell. Neither was Mouse Trace ...

Here's the homepage of the Kissmetrics website. Kissmetrics also has a "marketing blog" here entitled "50 Resources for Getting the Most Out of Google Analytics."

However, as you said there doesn't seem to be anything indicating it is actually part of the Google Analytics package, so I guess it's like Mouse Trace and can be integrated with it (as mentioned about Mouse Trace on their website.) I suppose there are all kinds of third-party software applications out there which can be used in conjunction with Google Analytics, which are nothing to do with Google and not included with Google Analytics.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames