OM and Mouse Trace

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Re: OM and Mouse Trace

Postby bewildered » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:08 am

It should come as no surprise to anyone possessed of a discerning mind that the MouseTrace issue has faded into the background of the Open Minds Forum. Little wonder considering the overwhelming noise generated by the membership. It effectively drowns out rational discourse when it dares to rear its unwelcome head above the morass of delusion and nonsense one finds there. It's a case study in how pathological personalities ply their trade: they plant the seeds, and the vulnerable take over the task of tending their sick little garden. The internet is perhaps the best thing ever to happen to these predators, for it presents a golden opportunity to play "make believe" in a manner that many people find themselves completely vulnerable to. It's a turkey shoot for cyberpaths.

This might have something to do with a lack of critical thinking on the part of the average person. Conditioning delivered to us from a myriad of sources leads us to attach undue significance to what feels right, what feels good, and what makes us feel important and special. We are emotional creatures at the core, and nothing fires up the engines quite like the fuel of emotion (and nothing gives it a destination to reach quite like "Gratification"). Yet we also possess an entirely different capacity - rationality - that at times stands in direct opposition to the thrust of those biochemical engines. It resists, and tries to speak. Unfortunately the voice of rationality is rather meek in comparison to the primal roar of body chemistry, and it is typically swallowed in the din of impulse and gratification. In my personal opinion, this very thing is the penultimate challenge faced by our race. We must learn how to embrace our emotional nature whilst developing our rational capacity - a fusion of the heart and mind, if you will.

An acquaintance of mine, a psychologist and the gentleman who introduced me to Neurolinguistic Programming, put forth an amusing illustration of our cognitive reality some years ago. He likened our rational capacity to a nerdy cubicle-dweller seated in front of a computer. He then introduced the subconscious as "an 800 pound gorilla named Fred." Fred and the 90 pound cubicle-dweller share space. The nerd is a brain and is typically always correct, while Fred...well, Fred doesn't care whether he is "right" about anything. He is quite persuasive and is not bashful about bashing. Might makes right for Fred. :D The nerd will never get anywhere with Fred and end the beatings as long as he remains ignorant of what makes Fred "tick." He needs to learn Fred's language and understand how to communicate with him. The nerd is perfectly equipped to do it, he just needs to "man up" and start pumping iron. :mrgreen:

That was somewhat of a rabbit trail, but it leads right back to agents of pathology (such as the crowd at OMF) and the power they can exercise over the average person whose "inner nerd" is constantly thrashed and trashed by their own "inner gorilla." These cyberpaths speak the language of the subconscious and do not behave according to rational discourse nor objective concepts. They light the fuses of emotional powder-kegs and thus set off cognitive bombs that destroy centers of belief. Those few who have developed their "inner nerd" by sending them to the Mental 24 hour Fitness Center find themselves the enemy of these cyberpaths because of one very simple but elemental truth: these few are trying to expose the cyberpath and their schemes. Exposure is what the pathologicals fear most of all, for exposure denies them the opportunity to prey on people. Would you willingly continue in a con, if you discovered it for what it was?

Naturally, rational discourse is avoided like the plague at OMF. Such a thing is not in their best interests. Business as usual there, until the next scheme rises from the muck, leaving them vulnerable to exposure once again.
bewildered

Postby jeddyhi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:09 am

Slightly off topic but do the staff at OMF even realize that their forum is set to maintenance mode? I bet they don't realize it lol. Only staff members can currently see the forum, all guests, registered members and banned ex-members see the maintenance mode page......either they are being ridiculously stupid or somebody really jacked up the forum and it has taken all day and night and they still can't fix it.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Smersh » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:55 pm

jeddyhi wrote:Slightly off topic but do the staff at OMF even realize that their forum is set to maintenance mode? I bet they don't realize it lol. Only staff members can currently see the forum, all guests, registered members and banned ex-members see the maintenance mode page......either they are being ridiculously stupid or somebody really jacked up the forum and it has taken all day and night and they still can't fix it.

Seems to be working again now. The following message now appears on the login page:

Welcome to our forum!

We had to shut down yesterday when a heroic warrior of the internet nearly toppled the evil empire by bravely breaking free from the oppression of his mothers apron strings,(and the 'kids b safe' parental controls, presumably) and exploding a virtual tantrum in the name of shameful pity. So we apologise for the inconvenience of having clean up the mess. Thank you for your patience. If you are an existing member, please login below. Otherwise, please register.

Hard to imagine why anyone would want to do something like that to such a nice evil empire. :shock:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby philliman » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm

The message was slightly different before. They claimed that the board got hacked by a revengeful ex-member. But am not sure about that because as we know they use lie a lot.

Dove's post in this thread indicates that they've changed something and possibly added new features:

Dove wrote:
Can we be a little less vague on what happened here yesterday, besides "someone got away from their mother's purse strings"? I knew something was wrong when I came here and saw it was in maintenance mode. Was the forum hacked? By whom? Is the information safe now? Was anything defiled?

What's with the new box at the top of our screen telling us which threads we have posted in lately? Is that needed when we can click on our profile to see which threads we've posted in?

As I saw that the board was in maintenance mode I've suspected that they would change something again. Just a feeling. Maybe another new "feature" other than Mouse Trace has been added. Image
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby philliman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:23 pm

BTW JonCurcio is still banned. No error here at all. If it would have been some glitch then this would have been already resolved because in all those months his IP has been changed numerous times and I'm sure he also has deleted his cookies several times now. So in short just another lie which is not surprising at all.
philliman
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Previous

Google

Return to OM Flames