OM and Mouse Trace

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Re: OM and Mouse Trace

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 am

Access Denied wrote:if you don't mind me asking what stuff running on amkon worries you AD?

Hey Mojo, long time no see... packetghost. :wink:
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby JonCurcio » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 am

"On behalf of the staff here I would like to say that we are saddened to see members leave over what is essentially a misunderstanding."

That's why they ban members after they leave...

Contrary to what Agent99 thinks, I couldn't come back if I wanted to.
JonCurcio

Postby Fin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:24 am

I've just come across all of this today and I had to join up here to thank you guys on yet another bit of research. I watched the "Source A" drama unfold and was seriously impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness with which you exposed the nonsense and the roles various players played.

I just want to give a quick overview of what the OM forum looked like to me as a total "noob" as I think it may be useful to someone.

I came to the UFO scene several years ago after seeing some of the more compelling evidence and then within a year had couple of incredible experiences of my own that confirmed the ufo reality. Interestingly, on my search for a place to share my story the "Open Minds" forum was my first, and eventually my only port of call (apart from a small local UK forum). I wish I could remember how I stumbled upon it but suffice to say the main reason I chose it as the place to share my story was because I thought it looked like a quality forum, well presented, it also appeared to have plenty of visitors, (so people would actually read what I had to say), and there were even a few well known researchers with their own boards. It looked like the perfect place, but I must admit I didn't spend any time checking up on the forum's history. I had been lurking there for a while but never saw anything suspect except for an apparent interest in what to me was the obvious HOAX drone case. I have since learnt that there was alot more to be suspicious of, and I wish there had been a better place for me to go. I just say this to remind us all how many people probably end up at OM. It appears to the untrained eye like a great place. Its name, its look, etc.

jeddyhi wrote:Now whatever the reason for the installation, the simple fact remains that this programs allows an Administrator (whoever has the Mouse Trace Account) to view Private Messages. Whether this was a 'known benefit' and guiding reason for the installation, we may never truthfully know because I doubt that OMF is going to admit to spying and privacy breaches. But their response and actions since the discovery only further the suspicion that has been cast upon them.

An interesting question is why, oh why in a "conspiracy theory" based forum would any admin in their right minds install a thing like this and not expect one of the more eagle-eyed users to flag it? It could be (a) pure innocence, and they just didn't know its full capabilities, and were genuinely just interested in using it for some innocent purpose. But really, are they that inept that they didn't learn all about it before implementing it?... OR maybe its (b) that they knew of its capabilities, but then surely they would also know that they would eventually get spotted; specially with you guys here are RU keeping a close eye on them. So I'm still at a loss to understand what they could possibly have been thinking when they implemented mousetrace. :? Am I missing something?
Fin

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 am

Nice bit of irony.

http://mousetrace.com/about.aspx

MouseTrace is a privately held company, based in the United Kingdom.
Founded by Dan Field in 2010 to solve the need for a better understanding of how potential customers where using his other business websites.
Dan Field currently manages 3 Internet Startups:
MouseTrace - Website visitor tracing
MailSuite - Unified inbox with email management, Twitter integration and mobile technologies
ClearMyMail - Market leading, 100% Guaranteed Spam Filter

dan field also manages Mailsuite and Clearmymail!!

:lol:
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby murnut » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:47 am

Welcome Fin

My story with OMF isn't that much different from yours.
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:26 am

mojo wrote:
Access Denied wrote:if you don't mind me asking what stuff running on amkon worries you AD?

Hey Mojo, long time no see... packetghost. :wink:

Damn it, I hate when I do that, hit edit on your post instead of reply so lost some of your post. :oops:

Sorry about that...

ETA: I recall you were lol at my "problem child" comment in the first sentence, not sure about the last part.
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 am

lol. pack is long gone, stockholm apparently. :)
and i wouldn't believe everything BE says about packs haxor skills either. :)

glad to see you to.
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:39 am

mojo wrote:lol. pack is long gone, stockholm apparently. :)
and i wouldn't believe everything BE says about packs haxor skills either. :)

So... safe to remove now? :lol:

mojo wrote:glad to see you to.

Miss 'ya man... hope all is well, I trust you're staying out of still making trouble. 8)
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 am

Fin wrote:Am I missing something?

A credible explanation from the staff? :)

Welcome Fin, nice intro. Feel free to stick around and jump right in…

Tom
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby murnut » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 am

Garuda just banned Fin

Hi Mojo

I wouldn't discount Pack either
"The Conformers are hard to read. They are rocks."
murnut
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby mojo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 am

Access Denied wrote:[Miss 'ya man... hope all is well, I trust you're staying out of still making trouble. 8)

is there any other way. ;) life is way too boring to stay out of the s**t.

hey mur, won't stink up RU arguing about pack, i just find it deliciously funny the rep he has for l33t haxor skillz.

anyways. nice work with the mousetrace stuff guy's ( i was half hoping i might find a tenuous connection to in-q-tel or accel but sadly no. :) )
mojo
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby jeddyhi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 am

Garuda quote:
Since you say you'd rather stick to other forums, I'll grant you your wish...

bye, bye

Read more: http://lucianarchy.proboards.com/index. ... z1THKGuQRY

So typical it is not even shocking anymore. These spiteful and ridiculous bans only seem to cement the idea that something is not right at OM. Instead of focusing on a real and honest response to the Mouse Trace dilemma that offers some sense of a reasonable answer, they instead ban the folks they have offended or that have already left of their own accord.

That is some sad stuff.....really.
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 am

murnut wrote:Garuda just banned Fin

Seriously? For what, posting here?

ATS used do to that... cult style.

ETA: OM isn't the only game in town... nor is RU. Who cares where all people post? I post elsewhere too, perhaps I should ban myself? :lol:
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Access Denied » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:10 am

mojo wrote:anyways. nice work with the mousetrace stuff guy's ( i was half hoping i might find a tenuous connection to in-q-tel or accel but sadly no. :) )

The CIA NSA is way more subtle than that, check for connections to the Russian mafia… :D

ETA: Note all the screenshots are stored on MouseTraces's servers, credit card numbers anyone?
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby Fin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 am

Oh dear. It's pretty childish stuff isn't it? I guess Garuda was insulted by something I said? :lol: If I thought the guys running OMF were respectable I may have found being banned a little upsetting; but really, their response is so childish I'm glad I don't have the option of posting there any more. I was going to hang around just to see how the thread I was involved in progressed - maybe to get an answer to my 2 simple questions - but I was also looking forward to making a point at the end by ending my account. So either way we both win =D>
Fin

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames