Strange PMs from OM admins

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Strange PMs from OM admins

Postby cerebcat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:41 pm

Dec 5 I received a PM from DOC about admins leaving OM and starting a new forum

Yesterday, I received a strange Global PM from the co-administrator

Global PM please read and be informed
« Message sent Yesterday at 5:46am »
I still have NO idea what this is about. I welcome an explanation and you all deserve one. I dont care what anyone thinks about me - its 6000 members being kept in the dark, i want to assure you i am resolved and will honour this community the truth - i am not running - i have never stood so strong and the stronger the resolve the more i realise the reach and implications of this 'thing' that no words could describe - it' is not the work of rats, or shady MIB, nor any non human force, just humans - and that is a far more disturbing message that is a concern for everyone.

I made a post yesterday - it makes the statement of fact that i owned both the forum account and the domain www.openmindsforum.com i created and own BOTH

Check the registrant history. I had reg with 1&1

Before Serpo, and waay before Christopher Iversen had even joined and waay before i made him a Co-admin.

Check the membership dates , it's not even stupid, it is unbelievably dishonest AND stupid.

I GAVE the domain name in TRUST to Christopher Iversen so he would make good on his word to register the domaim as a 4 way cooperative - i GAVE in Trust

I postef this yesterday in more detail in anther thread.

But now it has 'gone'

OK?

Nil desperandum.

Softlee softlee ... Catchee monkey and all that

Shamefull though, not a problem , just shamefull.

But outweighed by the honour of thie 99.99% who i assure will be honoured.

Thank you for your faith and courage it will be soon answered in kind. And the truth will be where it should be - in the open and free to access by the people who can handle it without running away or covering it up, or destroying so no one else knows what becomes then a secret. But i don't blame cowards or dishonourable grown men. I don't think anything about them. I don't want to or need to. It's the damage and trust that needs repairing and the people of OM being informec and build openmess and transparency into the issue of 'Disclosure' and lead by example.

More asap there's a LOT to disclose and a lot to do atm - but it needs doing.

Thank you, Bren Burton - Admin & Founder of Open Minds Forum

"it's All Good"

I haven't been at OM for a while, so I guess I must have missed something.
cerebcat

Re: Strange PMs from OM admins

Postby cerebcat » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:21 pm

Post by Dan with some information of the parting

Jake and I have received a lengthy email from Admin/Bren. It is mostly a composite of emails that he had sent to Doc, Ivo, Manuel, NY Lily, back in the first week of October.

By etiquette, he does not include their emails, to which he is responding, so it is difficult to get a full picture of what was going on.

One of the issues concerned Fore, who appeared to be intimidating at least two members who had been attempting to describe their experiences. Bren was unable to get the other admins to restrain him. I, too, have been subjected to the unwanted and, I thought, unhelpful attentions of same.

Then there were several instances of Bren's posts being deleted and his account being temporarily blocked, all without explanation. This naturally raised legal issues. The legal fact is that ProBoards requires that each one of their forums have a single account holder who retains the ultimate responsibility and liability for each forum. In the case of OMF, the account holder is Bren. It seems that the irreconcilable differences amongst the admins, left him with no choice but to act unilaterally. At that point he did not have the option to only remove some of the other admins. The only remaining option, as I understand it, was to designate himself as the sole administrator of OMF. This is the action that he finally took, a couple days ago. And that is where things stand, at present.

I have not yet been presented with any compelling reason to discontinue my posting on OMF, and, so, here I still am. It seems unlikely that this unfortunate matter could ever be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. For Bren to publish all of the emails and posts that led up to this impasse, would possibly constitute a breach of his legal obligations.

And from Jake

Well this is unfortunate. But predictable.

I am disheartened that Doc, Chris, Lee and Manuel could not find it within themselves to personally speak to the forum about what has happened, before leaving. It's just common decency, no? I see that you have maintained the same policy on their new forum. - nothing happened here folks - move along.

Yes ScaRZ, you are right on. For the first few years this forum was openly moderated, but then it changed to 'Policed'. Members used to feel they knew the moderators and Admins. They had a sense of understanding their positions, views and character. This place had the feel of a true Open Forum. A country club atmosphere in cyberspace. Were everyone was real and down to earth.

But then that all morphed when the forum changed the rules of staff conduct from Moderating to Policing. The staff, for the most part, became recluse form the forum. Often only showing up to give a stern authoritarian word of disapproval. Click the staff names and see how many posts they have made on the forum in the past year.

People grew afraid to ask why another member wasn't here anymore. And when they did, a co-Admin would tell them it is solely a private matter.

Even special guests were treated unrespectfully and disingenuously. I saw it happen to several of them. They PM'd me after I had stepped down from staff and ask me to help them. But there was little I could do for them. Even when I PM the Admins to pass on some information and/or help out with an issue that someone had asked of me, I'd most often get NO response. Nil, not even a "Thanks Jake", let alone at least a short note like: "I'll be in contact with them and let you know how it turns out." Nothing, not a word from any one of the five admins. As if my PMs didn't get to anyone of them. Meanwhile the Special Guest is PM'ing me for feed-back, and I had none to offer. I found myself apologizing for and offering excuses from the Admin team's behavior, or lack of.

I tried to remain diplomatic and helpful to the forum I help build. But that didn't work either. The admins had grown to act like bureaucrats who don't have time for the peons. And lost their ability to effectively relate to people. Which was very difficult to watch happen, as each one of them are fine people and have a lot of good qualities. But there “group way” went of kilter.

And sooo, I'm saddened by what has happened here. But I am not surprised. It was predictable. They created a new atmosphere, it began forming just a couple months before I stepped away from the staff. Rule #12 was the pivot. Like a meme that seeds. It was then inevitable the place would crumble within.

I don't know all of what has transpired between Bren and the other co-admins relationships. But it is common in these situations that someone would take a stand to reverse the errors that have festered and brewed for several years. And when one does stand for change, it can often be difficult for others to understand why they are acting a certain way. That's the problem with bureaucratic committee-style policing that separates themselves form the membership. People get so caught up in their station that they are unable to see how their system looks from the outside looking in. When one or more of them does figure it out, the rest can be very resistive to change. Break-up is almost always the result.

Ironically in this case, the leaving parties often reestablish themselves with the same failed policies that seeded their demise. They remain oblivious to what really happened. They make all kinds of enthusiastic claims of starting new, shedding the old and making things better, easier, fresher a new place like home. But this is usually only short lived. There is a temporary enthusiasm while people curiously check out the new digs. But if they still harbor the same philosophy, it doesn't matter if they put on a new dress.

cerebcat

Postby ryguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Ironically in this case, the leaving parties often reestablish themselves with the same failed policies that seeded their demise. They remain oblivious to what really happened. They make all kinds of enthusiastic claims of starting new, shedding the old and making things better, easier, fresher a new place like home. But this is usually only short lived. There is a temporary enthusiasm while people curiously check out the new digs. But if they still harbor the same philosophy, it doesn't matter if they put on a new dress.

Sounds like a press release you would read from the Communist Party. Like this one:

http://www.allmoldova.com/en/moldova-ne ... 51738.html

"The political consequences of this betrayal might severely harm the Moldovan statehood. The outcomes of this treason are obvious: the Alliance for European Integration already has the number of votes needed to elect the president and more than a half of the Moldovan society is fully ignored," the statement said.

The press release also said that the former Communist MPs' decision to quit the party was a surprise for the PCRM, as both Igor Dodon and Zinaida Greceanii have been actively promoted over the past years. The so-called "modernization" of the party proposed by Dodon was nothing but an excuse for this treason, the statement concluded.

On 4 November, three MPs of the strongest opposition Party of Communists - Igor Dodon, Zinaida Greceanii and Veronica Abramciuc - defected from the party, reasoning their decision by "the obsolete way of thinking" of the PCRM leadership and "the existence of occult groups" in the decision-making mechanisms of this political formation.

Where the truth lies, no one knows - but you will know them by their fruits.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby cerebcat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 am

S
ounds like a press release you would read from the Communist Party.

Yes, LOL, this is how it struck me also.

Cere
cerebcat

Google

Return to OM Flames