More OM stuff

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby I.P.Freely » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Well I for one don,t know if your a sock puppet or a sock jockey for that matter. Nor do I really care. ....But I do have one thing about your post that kind of jumped out and made me wonder.. That is for someone who just joined OM so recently how
is it you know peoples real first names that I don,t when I,ve been a member over there for more then a year. Just though that was strange and knew no one would notice behind while cheering the OM bashing .
And I wouldn,t worry to much about being called a sock puppet. That happened to me too and we get along fine now no damage done.


P.S. It was here I was called a sock puppet not there. Point being everyone makes mistakes.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm


Postby ScaRZ » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:49 pm

I think MAX could very well know the real names by just reading the articles on RU. I sent MAX a link to RU on the 3rd of December and if he has been reading them it wouldn't take long.
Image
User avatar
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: U.S.A.

Postby Max » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:45 pm

Well I.P.Freely, fair enough question. Let's see if I can relieve your fear that I am a plant. In the letter that I referenced where Victor replies to greatwaller about his request, all you have to do is look at the top of the letter and you will see it is addressed to Isaac. And as far as Chris, I had many PM's and several emails concerning my posts over there and on several of them the real names of the OM players were mentioned.

Also, I am not 100% sure but almost, in reading posts here, at ATS and at OM, I believe there are mentions of real names in several places. Happy?
Last edited by Max on Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
User avatar
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Postby Max » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:50 pm

Oh, I forgot. The vitriolic attack on Shawnna by greatwaller that I referenced in my "OM Bashing", was that a "mistake" also? Just curious.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
User avatar
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:41 am

You missed the point and I don,t feel frighted in anyway . Matters not a bit to me if your a plant , a rock , or the jolly green giant . But what I was saying is when I first came here I was accussed of being a sock puppet. So I showed they were wrong and that was that . So get over it (which I,m sure you have) like what they think of matters antways.. And knowing thier names I just though strange thats all. T guess its cause I could care less about names and you do.\

So I don,t mean to imply your anything . But you are wrong if you believe the members and staff at OM are bad people just as wrong as those there that think members and staff here are bad. Just your evertday people . IMO
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby Max » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:22 am

I really had hoped that I could avoid a p***ng contest on this site. I don't know why you feel the need to come across like a sledge hammer and then tell people that THEY are rude and that "it's not nice" to be that way.

Here is how you opened your first post:

"Well I for one don,t know if your a sock puppet or a sock jockey for that matter. Nor do I really care."

Now what is one to draw from that?

Then you say:

"But I do have one thing about your post that kind of jumped out and made me wonder."

Something about MY post made you WONDER.

So, I answered your question so you wouldn't have to wonder....

You come back and say I missed the point.......I thought I was helping you by not having to wonder.

Your reply is:..............." Matters not a bit to me if your a plant , a rock , or the jolly green giant "

Wow, back to that again.

AND

"T guess its cause I could care less about names and you do.\ "

Wait a minute, aren't YOU the one that brought up the names and why you didn't know them after a year? Here are your words:

"for someone who just joined OM so recently how
is it you know peoples real first names that I don,t"

So the names are important to ME? Not YOU? That's funny.

I'll tell you exactly what I think of those people "Over There".

Are they bad people? Depends on how you define "bad". Evil? I don't think they're evil.
Is having no integrity or honor being bad? Maybe not to some, maybe not to you, but it's pretty slimy to me. So for your benefit I won't call them bad. They're slimy. Like snakes.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
User avatar
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:56 am

Whatever think as you wish about OM seems to be turning into the Hatfields and McCoys now anyways. And as far as the way I say things thats just me . Best to take what I say with a grain of salt . Sorry If I upset you.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby Max » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:34 pm

No worries here, mate.
View my Blog

You can't photoshop logic.
User avatar
Max
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Postby Springer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:50 pm

I.P.Freely wrote:Whatever think as you wish about OM seems to be turning into the Hatfields and McCoys now anyways. And as far as the way I say things thats just me . Best to take what I say with a grain of salt . Sorry If I upset you.


You have a point there IPF, It is like the Hatfields and McCoys I wonder if it will ever end. I thought there was a "Meeting of the minds" one our site a month ago when Ry was exchanging info with Jeddyhi and it seemed as though it was congenial.

I can't imagine how that went south so fast. I have been slammed elsewhere and didn't keep up with the goings on here so I don't know what happened but it must've been interesting at least.

S...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Springer wrote:I thought there was a "Meeting of the minds" one our site a month ago when Ry was exchanging info with Jeddyhi and it seemed as though it was congenial.

I can't imagine how that went south so fast. I have been slammed elsewhere and didn't keep up with the goings on here so I don't know what happened but it must've been interesting at least.

S...


I thought so too... then just days ago I learn that our buddy John was feeding Toon the Troll info on Dankk, in order to get all Toon all worked up to cause trouble in this forum for Dankk.

Why? Oh...probably because I made a simple statement that I had verified Dankk's medical credentials - so John started foaming at the mouth. I'm sure he was thinking "If I can just discredit one thing they've 'verified', I can call everything else into question."

It's a typical tactic they've taken time and time again - and I had assumed, up until now, we had all moved beyond that. It's obvious to me now that John's "middle-of-the road skeptic" persona (jeddyhi) on ATS is a farce.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby Springer » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:18 am

ryguy wrote:It's a typical tactic they've taken time and time again - and I had assumed, up until now, we had all moved beyond that. It's obvious to me now that John's "middle-of-the road skeptic" persona (jeddyhi) on ATS is a farce.

-Ry


Well seeing it in that light, it would certainly seem so. However, to be fair to jeddyhi, he did say that if someone proved "Dankk" had a degree in a medical field he would post a public apology.

It seems as though the word "degree", as in an accredited university diploma, is the hang up here. I can see how someone with many years experience and several technical medical courses under his belt could make the statement "I hold a degree in medicine" (or whatever he actually wrote) in a heated moment relative to someone questioning his authority on a subject he is authoritative on.

If that's all this is, well, the time invested on this matter could've been MUCH BETTER spent by certain people trying to pin a "lack of integrity" on semantics, IMHO.

I mean this IS the internet and people type stuff in the "heat of battle" they wish they could redact if only to avoid messy time killers like this. That doesn't equate to a breakdown in integrity in my eyes. It does equate to sloppy attention to detail and a very slight effort to elevate one's "standing" in the eyes of the discussants, but should not equate to a systemic breakdown of integrity on the part of the individual and certainly NOT on the group, that just doesn't make sense...

All of that however goes out the window if he does in fact hold a degree in the Medical Sciences AND if he did in fact, say exactly that he "hold a degree" on OM.

From what I've gathered from your posts in this, you have established Dankk does in deed hold "credentials" but not necessarily a degree, OR he does hold a degree and you just won't give them the satisfaction of doing their research for them. :D

Either way, it appears as though a mountain has been made out of a mole hill and one wonders how or why that could possibly be worth doing. ;)

Springer...
Never argue with an idiot. He'll only take you DOWN to his level and beat you with experience!
Springer
Member
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Indian Territory

Postby ryguy » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:51 am

Springer wrote:
Well seeing it in that light, it would certainly seem so. However, to be fair to jeddyhi, he did say that if someone proved "Dankk" had a degree in a medical field he would post a public apology.


He owes Dankk an apology regardless, with or without the "proof". And the only reason he's made a mountain out of this molehill is because Dankk became a mod here. Think about it.

All of that however goes out the window if he does in fact hold a degree in the Medical Sciences AND if he did in fact, say exactly that he "hold a degree" on OM.


There's the window - oh look, and there it all goes.

From what I've gathered from your posts in this, you have established Dankk does in deed hold "credentials" but not necessarily a degree, OR he does hold a degree and you just won't give them the satisfaction of doing their research for them. :D


They can do their own research if they see this issue as that important.

Either way, it appears as though a mountain has been made out of a mole hill and one wonders how or why that could possibly be worth doing. ;)


LOL...do ya think?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
User avatar
ryguy
1 of the RU3
 
Posts: 4920
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:49 am
Location: Another Dimension

Postby I.P.Freely » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:26 am

Damn I knew I should have buddied up to dank to find outt from him myself but alas we weere to much a like and I can.t stand people like that . I,d give researching this a try If you could help me with a hint seems only fair since he showed you hs proof.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 pm

Postby Shawnna » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:22 pm

IPF - why do you want to get involved in this kindergarten game? Frankly, I think it reflects negatively on all who continue to beat this non-issue over and over.

And to anyone considering revealing any personal information, DON'T DO IT!

VM and jakereason went to great lengths to obtain personal information about me - and publish it willy nilly.

I admire dankk for keeping this information within a safe circle of trustworthy individuals. It would be much easier for him to just 'prove himself' - which is exactly what these guys want him to do. Then they can really investigate his background.

It is shameful what some individuals will stoop to when they are confronted with their own lies.

Always,
Shawnna
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
User avatar
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality
 
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:30 pm

Postby Hidden Hand » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:18 pm

Shawnna wrote:And to anyone considering revealing any personal information, DON'T DO IT!



Dankk (and Ry to some extent also) appears caught in a classic catch-22:
* If you don't reveal irrelevent personal information, you will forever be barraged with accusations of lying (or inadequate investigation, as the case may be).
* If you do reveal irrelevent personal information, you open yourself up for the kinds of personal attacks Shawnna faced (like, say, having your credit report spread around the net).
It is a lose-lose situation :( but, frankly, imo, one option is a bit more lossy than the other.


And just imagine, all that time spent wasted arguing, in essence, over whether a myspace profile constitutes evidence of.. well, of anything, could have been used instead for something constructive and worthwhile. It is sad.
User avatar
Hidden Hand
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:46 am

Next

Google

Return to OM Flames

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron