GreatWaller.. HAHAHAHAHA

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby Shawnna » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:36 am

The flames will stop when the bigger individual stops reacting and/or flaming.

:(

As long as individuals feel they must respond to whatever it is the other does - it will be never ending.

An eye for an eye leaves both blind.

:wink:

I will no longer engage in this kind of activity - period.

They can do, say and write whatever they want - I am not going to engage in this kind of pissing contest any longer.

I stopped reading their forum quite a while back - perhaps everyone should try it.

Why bother if all it is going to do is continue the unproductive - and in fact - destructive drama?

:shakeshead:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Shadow Watcher » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:20 am

When RU opened it's doors to us, I dumped OM & have not been back since. Deleting the address from my favorites list helped a lot. I find that their words have NO power if you never go there.

As for GW, I remember the day that was bestowed upon him. It was for his rough life years ago. I believe the phrase was 'life experience'.
wondering what the next serpo will be in 07.
Shadow Watcher
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby I.P.Freely » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:35 am

Shawnna wrote:The flames will stop when the bigger individual stops reacting and/or flaming.

:(

As long as individuals feel they must respond to whatever it is the other does - it will be never ending.

An eye for an eye leaves both blind.

:wink:

I will no longer engage in this kind of activity - period.

They can do, say and write whatever they want - I am not going to engage in this kind of pissing contest any longer.

I stopped reading their forum quite a while back - perhaps everyone should try it.

Why bother if all it is going to do is continue the unproductive - and in fact - destructive drama?

:shakeshead:

I want to second this great post Miss
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:19 pm

ScaRZ wrote:I believe it's time for ALL of us to just move ahead and let it go. I see no need dragging up this mess to play it out time after time. I don't care who did or didn't start it. Time for the real men and the real women to take a giant step forward. You can't control what the other guy does but you certainly can control what you do.

Scarz,

Thanks for this. I just want to quickly mention that the one thing I've noticed from beginning to end is that there's only one person I know of who has conducted himself properly from beginning to end as a true unbiased peacemaker. That person is Scarz. Unlike some who condemn negative comments here and cheer them on elsewhere against us, or vice versa - Scarz is the only person, from start to present of both forums, I've seen make posts in both places condemning negative comments. That, to me, speaks volumes.

I noticed in the PM to Dankk that GW attacked even Scarz...which really surprised me. What surprised me, and pleased me even more, was that Scarz kept his fists to his sides, even when posting in a dialog directly with GW.

Such a peacemaker deserves notice and respect, in my humble opinion.

Great idea Shadow...I've removed them from my cache, history, favorites, and every other trace of them on my computer. I won't be back there again. We have far too much work and far too many great things planned for the future - to be wasting energy on this nonsense.

Cheers,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:59 pm

ryguy wrote: We have far too much work and far too many great things planned for the future - to be wasting energy on this nonsense.

Your statement says it all. Great words my friend.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby MikeJamieson » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:17 pm

I was wondering when someone was going to express that.
(Turned out to be Shawnna.)

I was going to start posting recaps of As The World Turns to
see which show evoked the highest ratings. Glad to see
the OM/RU show cancelled (half way through the first season?).

BTW, anyone have a favorite new TV show? (premeiring this last
season). I got kinda stuck on Jericho.
MikeJamieson
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:17 pm

MikeJamieson wrote: I got kinda stuck on Jericho.

Oooh...Jericho...great show, I love that one too.

Unfortunately I'm a reality show addict...so Survivor, Big Brother, Amazing Race...etc...

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby dudediducthat » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:58 pm

dankk wrote:I wont apologize to Paul tho. It's not my fault that he has a friend that will tell such secrets...

~Dankk

Dankk,
Posting the PMs from GW to prove a point was no big deal. You proved your point XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I don't want or expect an apology from you. It may not be your fault i have friends that gave out persoanl info, but it is YOUR fault that info was released to the public!
You have shown everyone here your true colors and any one with half a brain cell will never trust you with personal info again, as they are now well aware of the type of person you are. You have shown everyone here that you can not be trusted. You may have got my name from GW, but he is not the one that released it to the public. YOU DID! And my friend that was LOW and uncalled for!

My apology to Shawnna was heartfelt and long overdue IMO. Again miss I am sorry and you are truly a person of grace and character.

As far as Ry's suggestion about Zep and I having a phone conversation....I would do that. Although if you read the thread where that quote was taken from you will see that i did back off a bit when i looked into the law and saw the age of consent was indeed 16 in England. I stand by my statement. though ..i see a 30some year old man leaving his wife and children for a 16 year old wrong. It is my opinion and i am entitled to it.

I'm done with this nasty little flame war. I simply came back to make this last statement and respond to what has been said.

Last little note to Dankk: Dankk, Shawnna was attacked because she was a SERIOUS RESEARCHER in the Serpo debacle. You are not! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You claim that now OM has decided to target you. That is not the case at all. You are not being attacked at all as a matter of fact. Ry was under attack for claiming to have researched your non existant medical DEGREE.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Flame off
TheShadows Sockpuppet

P.S. Im sure I'll be banned once again (although i am hoping to be blessed with a latrine only designation)

***MOD edit*** - removed very inflamatory statements consisting of name calling.

MOD note to all - RU rule # 1. Bringing up old fights or arguments with other forum members into this forum will not be tolerated.
dudediducthat

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:22 am

dudediducthat wrote:
dankk wrote:I wont apologize to Paul tho. It's not my fault that he has a friend that will tell such secrets...

~Dankk

Dankk,
Posting the PMs from GW to prove a point was no big deal. You proved your point XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I'm done with this nasty little flame war. I simply came back to make this last statement and respond to what has been said.

Noted.

Last little note to Dankk: Dankk, Shawnna was attacked because she was a SERIOUS RESEARCHER in the Serpo debacle. You are not! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You claim that now OM has decided to target you. That is not the case at all. You are not being attacked at all as a matter of fact. Ry was under attack for claiming to have researched your non existant medical DEGREE.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Both Ryan and I have personally seen the medical degree in question, as well as verifying his medical credentials at the appropriate website. Whatever, that is not the issue here.

Flame off
TheShadows Sockpuppet

P.S. Im sure I'll be banned once again (although i am hoping to be blessed with a latrine only designation)

You were banned yesterday because of your inflammatory remarks directed at another member which have continued today in the same vein through your sock puppet. Banned is banned, irrespective of the "handle" posting.

Should you wish to continue to participate in the forum, I will reconsider your membership in 5 days. Let me know via email.

Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby dankk » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:32 am

TheShadow,

You are welcome to your opinions. I have no problem with that whatsoever. And I don't think anyone here would either. But I need to tell you this one thing. I saw your post regarding my getting your real name from an ftp login. I would like for you to show everyone what I said to you before you ever logged into the ftp that I hosted. Yes, that means to take the PM I sent you to show everyone what I told you as a warning and as a show of good will on my part. You were warned about what could be ascertained from your log-in before you ever logged in. I did not do anything that would lead to your contrary thoughts that you posted over at OM.

I did not get your full name from a simple ftp login. Actually I had forgotten all about that. The only thing I did get was your IP address. That address, even if you had a semi-static IP from a broadband company would certainly be different now X months later. Broadband internet companies have something known as a "pool." This is where IP addresses are given to customers that are looking to log into the server that allows for access to the internet. It is a random action. Thus, I could not have gained your name from such and I think that you don't have enough knowledge about these things to produce an accurate portrayal of what happens when computers talk to each other.

However, yes there are people that CAN gain access to your name, address, and nearly everything else about you from this IP address that I was given by your access X months ago to my simple ftp server. Mind you, I mentioned that my degree was in medicine. NOT governmental agencies that seek out information that look for such information to satisfy purposes that I have no clue about. On the flip side, you also had MY IP address. Or did you know that?

So, you say I obtained your real name via an ftp login. I have proof that this is not the case. Will you believe me? Probably not, but please understand that I don't make claims about myself or others without proof that can be verified.

If you would like to see the PM that I took that snippet from, and if you aren't banned from RU, simply send me a PM requesting the proof. I will then show you the PM from GW in its entirety to show you that I did not get your name from anyone other than the "member of honour," greatwaller.

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby Shawnna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:52 am

Didn't anyone read the MOD Note to all above???

MOD note to all - RU rule # 1. Bringing up old fights or arguments with other forum members into this forum will not be tolerated.

Please dankk - stop.
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby dankk » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:01 am

This isn't an old fight Shawnna. This is new and this is the exact place to place such content.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to bring things to a close. It is appreciated. I find your efforts to be in line with saints. I am no saint. But I am no liar either.

I have the right to prove that I am not what is being told about me. Believe me when I offer this to you:

This is a forum that allows for such talk. This forum seems to be more of a defense mechanism to show that the OM forum makes up things about the members here. There simply isn't one shred of proof to show that someone is not what they claim to be. And to wit, I have not posted ONE lie about anyone from the OM forum. Not ONE. I have simply provided their own words without any alteration whatsoever. OM's biggest enemy is their members.

The lies seem to over-run from that forum however. Not about just myself, but that of many people that endeavor to learn from this board. Is it such a bad thing that those that are being lied about try to prove their innocence? I think not.

You may feel differently, but I can quote many posts that you have made that will show that you are not so different in your reactions to such treatment. Maybe you are above such accusations now. But I didn't see anyone telling you how to act when it was all about you.

~Dankk
dankk
Banned

Postby Shawnna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:57 am

dankk wrote:This isn't an old fight Shawnna. This is new and this is the exact place to place such content.

Why does there have to be any fight at all? It is pointless and destructive.

And if you think I am mistaken in my interpretation of the RU forum rules, perhaps you can share what you believe RU rule # 1 means, dankk?

dankk wrote:This is a forum that allows for such talk. This forum seems to be more of a defense mechanism to show that the OM forum makes up things about the members here. There simply isn't one shred of proof to show that someone is not what they claim to be. And to wit, I have not posted ONE lie about anyone from the OM forum. Not ONE. I have simply provided their own words without any alteration whatsoever. OM's biggest enemy is their members.

I disagree dankk. The Latrine was specifically created because this kind of juvenile dialog was a huge distraction to the quality members who do not engage in this kind of activity.

I should know - The Latrine was my idea and creation.

dankk wrote:The lies seem to over-run from that forum however. Not about just myself, but that of many people that endeavor to learn from this board. Is it such a bad thing that those that are being lied about try to prove their innocence? I think not.

You may feel differently, but I can quote many posts that you have made that will show that you are not so different in your reactions to such treatment. Maybe you are above such accusations now. But I didn't see anyone telling you how to act when it was all about you.

~Dankk

As you can see, I do feel quite differently. This kind of pissing contest reflects very negatively on all involved, but more importantly, it reflects negatively on RU as a whole. We are better than this - at least I'd like to think we are.

:roll:

And with that, I am done trying to raise the bar of behavior in this end of the RU sandbox.

:?

Always,
Shawnna

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby TheShadow » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:32 pm

dankk wrote:TheShadow,

You are welcome to your opinions. I have no problem with that whatsoever. And I don't think anyone here would either. But I need to tell you this one thing. I saw your post regarding my getting your real name from an ftp login. I would like for you to show everyone what I said to you before you ever logged into the ftp that I hosted. Yes, that means to take the PM I sent you to show everyone what I told you as a warning and as a show of good will on my part. You were warned about what could be ascertained from your log-in before you ever logged in. I did not do anything that would lead to your contrary thoughts that you posted over at OM.

I did not get your full name from a simple ftp login. Actually I had forgotten all about that. The only thing I did get was your IP address. That address, even if you had a semi-static IP from a broadband company would certainly be different now X months later. Broadband internet companies have something known as a "pool." This is where IP addresses are given to customers that are looking to log into the server that allows for access to the internet. It is a random action. Thus, I could not have gained your name from such and I think that you don't have enough knowledge about these things to produce an accurate portrayal of what happens when computers talk to each other.

However, yes there are people that CAN gain access to your name, address, and nearly everything else about you from this IP address that I was given by your access X months ago to my simple ftp server. Mind you, I mentioned that my degree was in medicine. NOT governmental agencies that seek out information that look for such information to satisfy purposes that I have no clue about. On the flip side, you also had MY IP address. Or did you know that?

So, you say I obtained your real name via an ftp login. I have proof that this is not the case. Will you believe me? Probably not, but please understand that I don't make claims about myself or others without proof that can be verified.

If you would like to see the PM that I took that snippet from, and if you aren't banned from RU, simply send me a PM requesting the proof. I will then show you the PM from GW in its entirety to show you that I did not get your name from anyone other than the "member of honour," greatwaller.

~Dankk

Dankk,
I actually do believe y0u in this instance. While making that post i simply remembered you mentioning that you would have my IP addy if i connected to your ftp site. To be honest i have no idea what info can be ascertained from such a log in.....not my forte.
I am willing to put all the BS and flame crap behind us........are you?

On another note.......i am going to defend poor ole GW. He is an older gentleman that wants to believe. Yes he is a bit crotchety but given his years IMO he has earned it. How many of us know some old person that is extremely set in their ways and not willing to budge an inch on any issue? Im betting most, if not all, of us.
Yes he takes his stars seriously......but so what....who cares....let the old timer have his bit of glory. I see no harm in playing along when i talk to him even though i don't think as he does...... he just wants to believe so badly!

Alright ive said my peace....thanks to the mods for re-instating me and lifting the ban......and KUDOS on ending this nasty little flame war and locking this thread.
TheShadow
TheShadow
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Shawnna » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:45 pm

TheShadow wrote:On another note.......i am going to defend poor ole GW. He is an older gentleman that wants to believe. Yes he is a bit crotchety but given his years IMO he has earned it. How many of us know some old person that is extremely set in their ways and not willing to budge an inch on any issue? Im betting most, if not all, of us.
Yes he takes his stars seriously......but so what....who cares....let the old timer have his bit of glory. I see no harm in playing along when i talk to him even though i don't think as he does...... he just wants to believe so badly!

TheShadow

Hi TS - can you help me understand how you know that GW is an older gentleman? Have you met him or vetted his personal information?

Just curious..... my sense is that this is exactly what GW and others at OM want you to believe so they've done their best to instill this "knowledge" within their environment.

Am always open to being wrong so please set me straight. Oh and if you haven't already done so, I highly suggest you read our article # 3 where we try to lay out our analysis of GW based on information obtained in the course of discovering the originator of the Serpo releases.

Thanks!

Always,
Shawnna

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames