OM flame! Breaking News!!

Any discussion related to OM goes here

Postby ScaRZ » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Ryan and Zep I didn't see this post until I had already sent Ryan a PM.
I'm just glad both sides were able to get to the bottom of this and settle it.
Good to see you come forward and admitt you were wrong.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby wetsystems » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:31 pm

ScaRZ wrote:Ryan and Zep I didn't see this post until I had already sent Ryan a PM.
Good to see you come forward and admit you were wrong.

I'd still like to hear from Max on this unraveling. I continue to regard him as a good guy with an interesting point of view. I've always enjoyed our hot reparte'. In any case, congratulations to John Hicks and Steve Broadbent for putting this all to bed- with an appropriate mea culpa and a commendable lack of gloating. Now we all ought to support Max's comeback. (...as soon as we finish clearing the Jello from our hair.)

It was only a tempest in a teapot , after-all.

Kim
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:54 pm

Max was just leaving for a trip as all this was starting to take place. That's the only reason we haven't been hearing from him. However he wasn't pleased when he was heading out, he didn't indicate when he would be back, nor did he comment on whether he intends to come back here.

One thing I did learn during the process of comparing OM IP addresses to RU IP addresses - I had a chance to review his posts, and during his time here, Max made an enormous contribution to RU's efforts - and he made great efforts to go above and beyond in support and defense of RU. Negative comments made against us made him furious - and he had no personal reason to be furious except for his respect, friendship, and appreciation of RU and what we strive for and stand for. I can't fault him for that. Sometimes we believe in a noble cause so much, and so deeply we all, at times, find ourselves going to extremes now and again. None of us are immune - it's human nature to falter (and hopefully learn).

And I agree with you, if he chooses not to return, I for one will really miss his perspective (and research). He's older than everyone I've met during my time here, both inside and outside of RU - and he brought a great deal of personal experience and wisdom to the table.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:20 pm

He's older than everyone I've met during my time here, both inside and outside of RU

To me he's just a kid! I have 6 years on him. (surprised?) But then again- age is a matter of the mind.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:22 pm

wetsystems wrote:
ScaRZ wrote:Ryan and Zep I didn't see this post until I had already sent Ryan a PM.

I'd still like to hear from Max on this unraveling. I continue to regard him as a good guy with an interesting point of view. I've always enjoyed our hot reparte'. In any case, congratulations to John Hicks and Steve Broadbent for putting this all to bed- with an appropriate mea culpa and a commendable lack of gloating. Now we all ought to support Max's comeback. (...as soon as we finish clearing the Jello from our hair.)

Thank you Toon, though I would like to say it was in fact Ryan that worked with John on getting this resolved.

I agree very much with what you said about Max. I agree he is a good guy and hope he returns to RU as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Steve
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby jazzed2bhere » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:40 pm

Well done boys. I am glad the dead skunk has been picked up.

I look forward to you guys dropping in and going through the technical.

I am also conducting a test. PSI Thread. I think IP has got the package tonight.

Look forward to seeing you soon.

I will be back!
jazzed2bhere

Postby wetsystems » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 pm

Zep Tepi wrote:
wetsystems wrote:

Thank you Toon, though I would like to say it was in fact Ryan that worked with John on getting this resolved.

I agree very much with what you said about Max. I agree he is a good guy and hope he returns to RU as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Steve

I never wanted to marginalize Ryan's contribution here. My point was simply that your mea culpa put an end to this nonsense. That was exceedingly difficult to do. And it has been duly recognized by those with eyes.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:49 am

I too am very impressed Zep it really shows how genuine a person truely is when they can admit a mistake. And I agree with the feeling regarding Max I feel he just let his emotions get the better then himself which is a very human thing to do. I,m fairly confendent he has it within himself to apologize which IMO is all that should be asked.

Sometimes what looks like a negative ends up being a positive, our mistakes provide our greatest lessons. If in the end this helps to foster friendship rather fued with OM and RU. Well then we will really have to thank Max then won,t we.
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:44 am

Well, if events today are any indication...it appears things aren't all as they seem. I've learned a bit more about what has transpired over yonder at the "largest ufo forum on the internet"....and alarm bells have started sounding.

I'm in the process of contacting Wiki to determine who attempted to defame us by editing the drone entry of the Wiki page in an extremely debunking manner, at this URL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO under Current Controversies

...and signing off using our organizational name without our express permission.

Tonight I've contacted Wiki administration and reported the attempted defamation and misuse of our organizational LLC (UK) name, and asked for assistance in identifying all edit IP's within the last 5 months. If legal action is required I'm willing to pay for it out of my pocket personally.

Once I hear back from Wiki regarding who the culprit was in that particular edit, I will post an update here and we'll determine then if further action is required.

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 am

has it already been edited because besides the links to RU and OM I can,t find what your upset about .
"You can either trust people or not. I choose to trust what people say and sometimes I get lied to. If I were to trust no one I would never hear the truth." - James (IPF) Martell
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 am

I.P.Freely wrote:has it already been edited because besides the links to RU and OM I can,t find what your upset about .

Yes it has, by OM (according to UFOCasebook).
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:55 am

Here is the missing information from Wikipedia, along with the details of the person who made those original edits.

The comments in question are:
There have been two major elaborate UFO hoaxes in 2006 and 2007 one called SERPO the other called CHAD Drone/CARET with faked photos and videos that fooled investigative journalist Linda Moulton Howe at Earthfiles. Both hoaxes have been discussed extensively on Coast to Coast AM Talk Radio by Art Bell and George Noory. However, they have not decided they are hoaxes at the time of this report. What makes these two hoaxes noteworthy is claims that US intelligence agents, past and present are involved. Investigative reporter Gus Russo has written about these connections as has Sharon Weinberger (author of "Imaginary Weapons") on the Wired Danger Room Blog. Using Google will yield more details on these still emerging sophisticated hoaxes. See also Colin Bennett's online "Combat Diaries" from London on his investigations of them. Links to these documents and others are at
http://www.realityuncovered.com/index.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... on=history

The first edit to include the CARET & SERPO information in Hoaxes section of the Wiki UFO article is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =141929501
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by SamuelJohnson714 (Talk | contribs) at 02:49, 2 July 2007.

On the same day, the same user added the link to RU.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =141938597
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by SamuelJohnson714 (Talk | contribs) at 03:53, 2 July 2007

SamuelJohnson714's contributions can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Co ... Johnson714

03:53, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Hoaxes)
03:46, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Technology)
03:45, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Technology)
03:43, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Fringe Physicists and UFOs)
03:40, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Fringe Physicists and UFOs)
03:37, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) Uri Geller (→Media - new major movie with Geller)
03:29, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Uri Geller (→Fair use rationale for Image:Secrets of the PsychicsVideo.jpg)
03:11, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) Unidentified flying object (→Fringe Physicists and UFOs)
03:06, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) Unidentified flying object (→Physics - credentialed physicists with US Intelligence links studying UFOs)
02:51, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Unidentified flying object (→Hoaxes)
02:49, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) Unidentified flying object (→Hoaxes - SERPO & CHAD Drone/CARET UFO hoaxes)
02:34, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Howcheng/Archive10 (→Deleting Jack Sarfatti)
02:23, 2 July 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Calton (→Missed the Point)
18:16, 1 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Jack Sarfatti (→Broadcast)
18:13, 1 July 2007 (hist) (diff) m Jack Sarfatti (→Broadcast)
18:05, 1 July 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:TenOfAllTrades (/Personal Attacks*/)
17:56, 1 July 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Howcheng/Archive10 (→Deleting Jack Sarfatti)

The reason for posting this information is because "Atrueoriginall" of UFOcasebook accused RU of editing Wikipedia in order to show LMH in a bad light and to declare the Drone/CARET stuff a hoax.

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am

ryguy wrote:
I.P.Freely wrote:has it already been edited because besides the links to RU and OM I can,t find what your upset about .

Yes it has, by OM (according to UFOCasebook).

The bad news is that Wiki has been subverted by advocates and propagandists. The good news is that most people realize that. Used wisely, Wiki is a remarkable resource. But it can also be a weapon of mass deception. The solution lies in discretion rather than lawsuits.

Who the hell is SamuelJohnson714?
Last edited by wetsystems on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm

The one thing I could not find was any reference whatsoever to the section quoted above being signed off by "Reality Uncovered", as alleged by "Atrueoriginall".

Know what else is funny? Neither could the Wikimedia Support Team.

Do you think we'll get an apology now? :evil:

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby I.P.Freely » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 pm

Seems like the guy from ufocasebook ain,t too bright to assume that no where does it say you did that a link is not enough to yhink that what a maroon. So now are you saying you think OM is at fault or you know. Because it does not make sense to me. but oh well where is the real harm anyways.
I.P.Freely
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

PreviousNext

Google

Return to OM Flames