latrine only?

latrine only?

Postby jeddyhi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi all. Greetings from Northern Ohio. I appear to be able to only post in the Latrine, which is fine by the way considering all the past hostilities. I 'm surprised that I'm even allowed to register since many of you have been banned over at OM.

Let me start by saying that I just read the mission statement. I had to search a little to find it though. You might want to sticky it to the top lol. I like it and agree with it. With that said, I would like to state that I am not here to argue, flame, cause problems, or anything else of that nature. Truth be told, I read here a lot. Sometimes I read something and wanted to chime in, but couldn't. So today, after posting an assumption about RU at OM, I felt compelled to join. The assumtion was that you guys did not believe in off world cultures. I've been corrected and apologize for the misunderstanding.

Now on to me! As you all probably already know, I am a co-Administrator at OM.
I am also a true skeptic at heart. I refuse to believe what is spoon fed to me without knowing who is holding the spoon. I have believed in the reality of UFOs and Aliens for many years. Some of my favorite cases are Shag Harbour, Rendlesham, and Roswell.

I agree with you guys in so far as people need to be careful about what they accept as information relating to Ufology. Skepticism is a good safegaurd to have when dealing with this kind of information. If everything is to be believed then we fall victim to the dis-info agents. And anyone who thinks they are not out there doing their job is simply naive.

I won't be posting much, rather lurking and reading like I always do. But when I see and opportunity to chime in, I will, albeit in the latrine lol!

Thanks for having me. I have no hard feelings towards anyone here. I am good at letting bygones be bygones. I wish everyone was.

Jeddyhi
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Hey John!

I haven't had a chance to read your whole post yet, but saw your subject. Didn't realize you were limited - I will be opening you up to the whole forum shortly.

Welcome. :)

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:11 pm

I am good at letting bygones be bygones. I wish everyone was.

Apparently that is not the case with OM in general. I find myself yet again banned there. The reason? None offered. But let me guess: for questioning Scarz on his ridiculous 'faith' in angels and pins? For noticing that Fore is a moron? For holding Dan Smith's feet to the fire? For being a general pain in the ass? OK. Then let 'bygones be bygones' and let freedom ring. Is that too much to ask? ...Apparently so at the forum of the open minds. 'Shameless' comes to mind. I don't lay this nonsense on you. It has to do with the basic mindset of every forum of this nature- including RU. It's 'the weeding-out of troublemakers syndrome.' I've been banned here as many times as I've been banned there. There is a certain similarity between the attitudes of Bren and Steve towards 'subversives.' Decorum rules at the expense of truth, so it seems.

The' Latrine' was originally established by Shawnna for the posts of Cartoonsyndicate and IP Freely- both of whom she despised. Of course we all know what happened to that goddess in the end! It is the place given over to the 'difficult,' i.e. those who refuse to tote the party line. That would be you as well. I gladly join you here once more, tovarich.

Best,

Toon
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Re: latrine only?

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:15 pm

Okay...the forum defaults new members to latrine-only access until they're added to the "regular" group, which I've just added for you.

By the way, we didn't even have to think twice about accepting your membership here. One constant, starting way back in 2005 over at ATS, is that your perspective has always most closely matched our own. We got caught up in the drama surrounding OM, but I've never really held that against you personally. You are one who is willing to call a spade a spade, and that tells me that you shoot straight when provided with all of the information. So that should be our starting point here. Not as an RU admin and an OM admin, but as two very open-minded skeptics. And I actually believe, in time, possibly friends.

You can consider RU a safe place to vent whatever perspectives you have for or against any alleged disclosure - and our discussions on all of the issues here are only going to be elevated tremendously by your feedback. I probably wouldn't be so welcoming to a few others...but I trust that you are truly open-minded to all perspectives, and so you are more than welcome here. Actually - I consider you a member of honor...considering everything we've all been through. Trial by fire I guess. I encourage everyone to treat John with a certain level of respect - as a fellow researcher here...he's certainly earned it.

The upcoming few months should provide a great deal of insights, I hope, and I'll very much be looking forward to your perspective John. Welcome to RU, finally....

Cheers,
-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:36 pm

he forum defaults new members to latrine-only access until they're added to the "regular" group,

That is not true. I've seen the posts of many new members in any thread they wish to post in. Can we be honest for a change?

Recent members not defaulted to the Latrine: Mark Pilkington, George, mimus, Becker44, Mister Time Bomb, wetsystems (last 6 members added)

Recent members defaulted to the latrine: John Hicks

FLUSHHHHHH!
Last edited by wetsystems on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 pm

wetsystems wrote:
he forum defaults new members to latrine-only access until they're added to the "regular" group,

That is not true. I've seen the posts of many new members in any thread they wish to post in. Can we be honest for a change?

Excuse me? Why would I lie about something so insigificant and stupid? Or is your intent here simply to lower yet another thread down into the gutter yet again?

Recent members not defaulted to the Latrine: Mark Pilkington, George, mimus, Becker44, Mister Time Bomb, wetsystems (last 6 members added)

Recent members defaulted to the latrine: John Hicks

Recent members added to the "regular group" before posting: Mark Pilkington, George, mimus, Becker44, Mister Time Bomb, wetsystems (last 6 members added)

Recent members who posted before being added to "regular": John Hicks

Think before opening that trap for once.

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:51 pm

ryguy wrote:
wetsystems wrote:

Excuse me? Why would I lie about something so insigificant and stupid?

I asked myself that same question. Why did you?
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 pm

Were these last 6 joiners relegated first to the latrine?
Mark Pilkington, George, mimus, Becker44, Mister Time Bomb, wetsystems

I remind you that you said this:
(t)he forum defaults new members to latrine-only access until they're added to the "regular" group,
Last edited by wetsystems on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

wetsystems wrote:Were these last 6 joiners relegated first to the latrine?

I don't know...why don't we do a test. How about I ban you, and then in 6 months or so, you can attempt to re-register and then we can find out?

And by the way, I was only guessing as to why he couldn't access the wider forum, because no one limited his account to the latrine. Is there a reason you're trying to make trouble here?

-Ry
Last edited by ryguy on Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:58 pm

ryguy wrote:
wetsystems wrote:Were these last 6 joiners relegated first to the latrine?

I don't know...why don't we do a test. How about I ban you, and then in 6 months or so, you can attempt to re-register and then we can find out?

-Ry

Now wouldn't that be fitting...
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:33 pm

I aproved John's membership and I was pretty sure I added him to the correct group also, clearly I didn't and Ry quickly rectified that.

Whenever a new member registers, I approve the account and add the user to the regular group so they can post in any forum. A couple of times in the past I have forgotten the second part or added them to the wrong group - nothing more nefarious than that. No one has been "banished" to the latrine in I don't know how long.

toon wrote:There is a certain similarity between the attitudes of Bren and Steve towards 'subversives.' Decorum rules at the expense of truth, so it seems.

Everytime you have been banned here has been because you have been disrespectful to other members and/or downright insulting. If you acted like you sometimes did here in a bar or on the street you would more than likely end up having your face rearranged. I think a simple banning is far less harsh...

Cheers,
Zep
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:34 pm

Almost forgot, welcome to the forum John :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 pm

wetsystems wrote:for questioning Scarz on his ridiculous 'faith' in angels and pins? For noticing that Fore is a moron? For being a general pain in the ass?

Well let me thank you once again for not only calling me a moron in the past, but now letting me know my faith is ridiculous. Coming from you Toon I'm grateful I'm a moron and glad you think my faith is ridiculous in your eyes.

As far as [Fore] he's not around that I know of, so I will speak up for him. I guess he would be proud to sit in that old moron boat with me and the other members at OM.

Your last comment.....For being a general pain in the ass? My answer would be a two thumbs way up..."YES"! :bgthbup:
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:07 am

I happen to share Scarz' faith in Angels - and other aspects of his faith as well. In fact, a new part of the forum will be opening shortly to allow people to discuss all of these phenomenon from a "faith" perspective. That includes analysis of end-times, abductions, sightings, contactee experiences, new-age concepts, etc...

Should be pretty interesting!

-Ry
---

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:37 am

ryguy wrote:I happen to share Scarz' faith in Angels - and other aspects of his faith as well. In fact, a new part of the forum will be opening shortly to allow people to discuss all of these phenomenon from a "faith" perspective. That includes analysis of end-times, abductions, sightings, contactee experiences, new-age concepts, etc...

Should be pretty interesting!

-Ry

Ryan....I look forward to that new section opening. I believe you guys can have a winner if true RESPECT is shown from everyone. If people only feel they are being made fun of, and insults are thrown their direction, they will never speak up and share their thinking,faith,beliefs and encounters.

For many people believing in something or someone begins in the mouth and ends in the mouth. In other words, it's really only a WORD.
This is much like the word love,that I feel is the most misused word that comes from our mouths. True love and a deep belief in something or someone burns in the heart. It's no longer a word of mouth it's branded in the heart.
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Next

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else