latrine only?

Postby ScaRZ » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:47 am

Looks like you guys were way ahead of me in my above comments.
I just noticed the new section after I made my post and must say Ryan answered all my concerns. :wink:
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:52 am

ScaRZ wrote:Ryan....I look forward to that new section opening. I believe you guys can have a winner if true RESPECT is shown from everyone. If people only feel they are being made fun of, and insults are thrown their direction, they will never speak up and share their thinking,faith,beliefs and encounters.

Scarz - I couldn't agree more. That forum in particular will have much tighter controls. Typically we've allowed a certain degree of sarcasm, joking, etc...throughout the forum. But with faith - it's too sensitive of a subject and too important to far too many people to joke about.

I'll personally watch it closely, and will participate quite a bit - first order of business actually is to publish an interview within the month with a person who a number of people within ufology will recognize...a guy with a unique perspective on the paranormal related to faith. His experience that I hope he'll share in detail with us provides a tremendous lesson for anyone interested in the paranormal, or having these kinds of experiences.

I hope that we can help bring people some understanding about what might be happening in their lives.

I'd also like to formally ask you to help me head it up - with topic ideas, some links, data, articles...whatever you might have that you think would help people understand the spiritual aspects of these phenomenon. I know you have a great background in theology and have studied this area a bit. So if you're willing to help - I'd really appreciate it Scarz.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 am

Zep Tepi wrote:
toon wrote:There is a certain similarity between the attitudes of Bren and Steve towards 'subversives.' Decorum rules at the expense of truth, so it seems.

Everytime you have been banned here has been because you have been disrespectful to other members and/or downright insulting. If you acted like you sometimes did here in a bar or on the street you would more than likely end up having your face rearranged. I think a simple banning is far less harsh...

No doubt, Steve. And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. The way I look at it, I have not even received ONE warning, much less even a single banning from you fine guys at RU. Therefore, if you are normative across members in how you execute the rules of the road, we can expect that we would be treated no worse than Toon.

As I told Dan Smith, I am completely transparant in my approach. I telegraph everything. And Toon, I am just letting you know... be ready to pucker your sphincter, for there will come a time when you will get a dose of your own mediciine... right when you need it the most. ;)

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby jeddyhi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:57 am

Guys, I hope the last line of my first post wasn't taken the wrong way. It wasn't directed to anyone or any forum inparticular. I just meant that thoughout the Serpo ordeal, bad things were said by many people ( including myself ) and some aren't so willing to let go and forget. I'm truly not into forging life long enemies. Life is way to short for that.

And I did try to post almost immediately after being approved so I understand about the latrine thing....no biggy at all. I was even thinking that after a certain amount of posts, I would get upgraded. I certainly did not mean to get anyone fired up over it. Anyhow, thanks for the welcome guys.

Take it easy, Kim, don't get banned just as I get here. I have admired your posting in the Evidentiary thread. Chill out and stay awhile, would ya?
jeddyhi
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Postby Access Denied » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:27 am

ryguy wrote:That forum in particular will have much tighter controls. Typically we've allowed a certain degree of sarcasm, joking, etc...throughout the forum. But with faith - it's too sensitive of a subject and too important to far too many people to joke about.

Great idea Ry! I was just thinking the other day RU needs a forum like that. I don't think I'll have much to contribute to the topic but I do look forward to learning more about the subject from different viewpoints.

Welcome to RU jeddyhi!

{edit to add}

You Can Call Me Ray wrote:The way I look at it, I have not even received ONE warning, much less even a single banning from you fine guys at RU.

Err… maybe not from Ry and Zep but you did get one from me (a warning to stay on topic that I gave to both you and Toon) and then I almost gave you another one (I forget what you called him now) but then things seemed to settle down. :)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby wetsystems » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:54 am

And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation.

hahahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!

And- hey John. Just wanna add my 'welcome aboard' as well. For years you've been the control rod in that incipient explosion over there at OM. Whenever I go there I always look first for your posts and read backwards from there. And don't worry about me. I'll survive despite having to flick the occasional gnat off my soft, white underbelly.

Best,
Kim :foxsheep:
And I should remark that I am saving my insults for Toon for "just the right time" when I will strike at his soft, white underbelly for maximum damage and humiliation. Ray Hudson 2007
wetsystems
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Previous

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else