dam

dam

Postby torbjon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:58 am

I gotta say, nice place. I Should be working, instead I got sucked in... there's some brains here...

not sure to praise or curse *laughs*

dam

three a.m., where does the time go?
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby caleban » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:28 am

not sure to praise or curse *laughs*

Sounds like you belong here to me. You didn't mention "talent" but the way you got here is a demonstration that probably eludes the notice of others. The probability of that happening was evident from the contents of the private page Shawnna posted. Your attention to detail suggested a little "fishing expedition" might work. My Apology, you took the "bait". But at least you have someone to blame for the distraction.

three a.m., where does the time go?

Read at your leisure, this place is relaxed and time is not crucial. Don't take much
to keep up either. I would say Welcome ! But as you already realize, you may have
regrets.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby torbjon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:45 am

thanks comrade, good to be here... I've opted to forgo sleep tonight, will recalibrate the internal chronometer later, been outta whack for a while now anyway *shrugs* do me some good to get back on schedule again....

that page has been up for a year now, it gets hit every now and then, here and there... (but never from ATS *laughs*) I always check it out, see who is curious about it, where they are at...

the way things float around the internet fascinates me... what's hot and what's not...

if you've poked around my site you may have noticed that I make goofy little movies... mostly of my daughter but there are others. A few have really taken off, world wide kinda thing, (kinda freeky, actually) Gig is, it's Never the ones I would think would be the popular ones, ya know?

Anyway, that page, it'll be very interesting to see what happens with it once I open it up, it's very spider friendly and there's a lotta good buzz words in it...

you know what the hilarious thing is? I could give a rats tail about the o'hare fiasco, I don't care how much money marky marc and his girly boys scam offa the sheeple, I don't care how pricky they wanna be in their little sandbox (after all, it IS their sandbox)

nawww..

it was the cruddy customer service.

I jumped through the little hoops, I pressed the officially sanctioned buttons, I filled out the little forms and politely asked the correct questions and I didn't even get a reach around, ya know? Just wham bam sodomized with a chainsaw and booted out the door. mmph.

Just a word or two about what a jerk I am and chances are I'd still be over there, runnin' up their post count and earning them money...

you guys got ads, I'll make you money instead.

Okay, time for something mindless... you know CBS shows the ol' star treks online? how cool is that? *laughs*

later mater
twj
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby ryguy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 pm

torbjon,

I've followed you on ATS since the first day I joined up. I love your no-nonsense, kick *ss writing style (and logic).

I think you might have been the guy who once wrote to me on ATS and told me that you've never seen such a freakin flippin-an-floppin in one single post in your life. Not sure you realize how much that PM exchange with you taught me...lol

Anyway - I'm honored to have you here at RU... I pulled an all-nighter a couple nights ago too - but not because of distractions, just trying to survive. I'm going to dedicate some time this weekend to come up to speed with the events that you guys have gone through. I confess I haven't followed more of the finer points of what went on, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

It does, however, sound significant. Your tone gives me the impression that I won't really like what I learn about ATS from the drama? lol

Also - I'm looking forward to learning more about the site you're putting up. If the events would have some significance, I'd be honored to write a news-like blurb linking to your site and distributing it to all of the public news contacts I've made in my (non-UFO) work over the last several months.

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:17 am

ryguy,

oh ya, I'll hit you up for some advertising, you betcha. I'm gonna need it big time. A lot of stuff is going to go down this summer... good, bad, ugly, not sure which yet (probably all three *laughs*)

Ya, the PM conversation you refer to sure sounds like me, I tend to be me and not really care what others think about me as a person as I know who and what I am and am cool with it *shrugs* Sooo few folks are cool with who they are, ya know? They Gotta have someone elses approval to justify their existence. Bah. It's sad but I don't have the time nor patience to pity them. Screw 'em. Waste of freekin' space if you ask me.

For the record (and fair warning) I've been BANNED from two out of three forums... ATS and OM being the two, RU being the one that has yet to ban me (it's early sitll *shrugs*)

ATS was chicken poop about it... Shawnna called it a 'wet willie' I think... Very childish and immature but whatever, it's their sandbox...

As much as I dislike OM I gotta give them massive brownie points, Lucy at least had the balls and dignity to tell me (basically) 'we just don't like you' and I gotta tell ya, that earned a lotta respect from me.

Anyway, Folks? If I cross the line here just whack me with a wet fish, tell me I'm a jerk and say git lost. I'll split and there will be No hard feelings. I just don't have the time for the namby pamby nutty crunchy politically correct thing, ya know?

*ponders*

here's the gig... I'm on a roll and I don't wanna go do what needs to be done now so here we go...

I don't believe in "equality for all human beings" because my life experiences have taught me that when put into practice what that concept tends to do is drag everybody down to the lowest common denominator and that's not Healthy.

It's not healthy for the individual, for society, and for the whole freekin' planet.

Too many people blow off the old Star Trek as a lame show, and tha's Fine, it IS a lame show, BUT

there's that ONE episode (and only one) where Spock is wearing a funky Vulcan symbol on his uniform called an IDIC

IDIC stands for Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations and man oh man what a beautifully simplistic yet divinely deep concept.

Don't FEAR our differences, EMBRACE them! Relish them, cherish them, Learn and Grow from them, but don't Fear them and for gods sake don't hammer someone else into your mold or stuff yourself into theirs.

If you can't be cool with who you are then yer Never gonna be cool at all, ya know?

Well, ya, sure, YOU know, but Them? bah.

The other gig is Expectations... So many folks lay expectations on you then get ticked when YOU don't live up them *rolls eyes* How messed up is That? And who is to blame in that scenario? more bah.

*ponders*

hey, I'm philosophizing, huh? *laughs*

sorry

I go code pages now...

laters
twj
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby uberarcanist » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 am

Torj, myself and Chorlton have been banned from ATS and probably some other people I know. Chorlton has also been banned from OM and I think I would doubtless, DOUBTLESS get banned from there if I ever didn't think it was a waste of my time to register.

I believe if ATS doesn't change their whole mantra of "the bottom line is the bottom line", they are sunk. The readership there, as a whole, doesn't trust the man, and, as ATS continues going down this path of commercialization, the conclusion that ATS *is* the man will become more and more inescapable. Oh, and I'm finally going to let this hang out-I think ATS is complicit in hoaxing and Mark and Bill should turn the reins over to someone else for their role in that.
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby torbjon » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:39 am

uberarcanist;

nice avatar... Tell me tha's Your cat and not a stock photo... I'm big on cats.

I'm willing to wager that Many folks here feel as you do, that the ATS powers that be have done some less than ethical things in order to make a buck...

many are hell bent on leather to Prove it (more power to 'em and good luck with that, bub *laughs*)

For a time I was one of those people... but I was just ticked at the chicken poop way marky marc and them treated me as a human being and Not at them trying to make a buck. If they wanna sell drugs, run guns, pimp whores and white slave kids for Money, hey, Rock On ATS! Go For It! More power to you and best of luck with that.

It IS their sandbox and if they wanna use it for kitty litter tha's fine by me *shrugs*

See, here's my take on it and why I don't give a rats tail what they do over there anymore:

ATS has become the new USSR. A huge global Super Power with nuclear launch capability, a solid space program, and more KGB than McDonald's hamburgers sold.

Definitely a force to be feared and reckoned with, sure... But no outside force Ever beat the Soviets... America couldn't do it, the Chinese, the Afghans, nobody...

Only people that could kill the Soviets were the Soviets themselves.

ATS is killing itself without any help from anybody... in fact, some of the crap we do like poking around over there and linking to them only helps them... it's like giving them foreign aid, ya know? *laughs*

Okay, so marky marc and the gang bang of three make a billion bucks, go to Fiji and get skin cancer, so what? Stalin did okay too before he snuffed it... the wall Still came down.

I'm all for personal vendettas, some truly wonderful (and truly ugly) things spring from the passions of the heart, but the chambers of the heart know no logic.

I'm not afraid to say that I had some really good times at ATS... I'm sure we all did, that's why we were there, yes? And we're TICKED OFF because the place changed and stopped being fun for us...

Well, whose fault is That, hmm? *laughs*

IF the place is Evil (and I am firmly convinced that it is) then sooner or later it will get snuffed out and some Other Evil will take its place.. That seems to be the way the world works...

But like so many other people I am Really Impatient and I hope that it happens Soon *grins*

laters
twj
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby uberarcanist » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Well, let's be fair...ATS is really not *that* bad. Its a breeding ground for hoaxers but most of the posters over there have wised up and don't believe them.

However, Mark has told me that ATS is planning on doing a radio show, a prospect I am not thrilled about. I hope it's not a means to spread outright bunkdom to Americans who haven't been exposed to the reality of hoaxers.

Oh...the cat? Not mine; stock photo, it's a relic of the NEDM internet fad.

http://wiki.ytmnd.com/NEDM
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Access Denied » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:37 am

torbjon wrote:there's some brains here...

huh?

torbjon wrote:it was the cruddy customer service

lol... what do you expect for free?

torbjon wrote:I don't believe in "equality for all human beings" because my life experiences have taught me that when put into practice what that concept tends to do is drag everybody down to the lowest common denominator and that's not Healthy.

Amen... f*ck PC!!!

torbjon wrote:hey, I'm philosophizing, huh? *laughs*

No worries. Rock on man... welcome to RU!

I like your style and I look forward to reading more of your posts... even if at some point your wrath gets directed at me lol.

Hey, if you're right you're right... I think we all can (and should) learn from each other. As I’ve said before… I think everybody has a little piece of the puzzle. Well OK that’s a lie… there’s some unbelievably clueless people out there (I should know... I've been there) and it pisses me off to no end lol.

<spank>

A toast to the clue by four!

AD
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby torbjon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:19 am

uberarcanist:

HAPPY CAT!! Man I love them Ruskies... too cool...

"not that bad" is also "not that good" ... no biggy, I'm splitting hairs.

The online version of ATS has already expanded into audio and video presentations, basically their own little multi media network (which is fine)

Expanding into radio and television will put them in another world... a world fulla straight jackets... I feel an expansion into that direction will result in some rather boring dribble (not until after marky marc and gang make a nice buck though)

Radio and Television have a LOT of very serious rules and many agencies and watchdog groups keeping the collar on them.

For example, No More "War of the Worlds" type broadcasts or guys with guns Will show up at your station and shut you down and haul your sorry butt away.

Online forums are under no such regulations. People can (and do) say whatever they want on forums, be as Crazy as you want, it's JUST a silly little sandbox, ya know?

The online version of ATS Thrives on "War of the Worlds" type dung. Stuff that has the look and feel of authenticity, the excitement of 'breaking news', SERPO type stuff, yes? (wow, was that exciting or what?)

And they are Totally within their rights to create and or perpetuate fantasies like that, it's just a silly little sandbox, after all, Not an officially sanctioned, licensed, regulated News Outlet (they only pretend to be)

It's the Pretending to be something that they aren't that I find particularly Evil.

And they are Very Good at pretending. The slick 'official' looking site, easy access to owners and mods, the (seemingly) up and up honesty, a nice collection of specialized brainiacs... all the trappings of JPL or CERN or any big cutting edge brain tank you love and trust...

But there are no Edward R. Murrows there... THOSE type of 'object' observers tend to get banned

Anybody that attempts to organize an internal independent Watchdog group gets the boot too...

They claim that the members are the watchdogs... but we all know what happens to members who voice concerns over ethical issues... boot.

okay... AD here I come...
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:27 am

Welcome to RU Torbjon, good to see you here.

Excellent post :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby uberarcanist » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:28 am

Who woulda thunk I'd ever defend ATS. Does the ATS brass have ethical failings? In my opinion-resounding yes. However, I'm very proud of the posting community over there...in my experience hoaxes are short-lived, with the occasional exception of CGI hoaxes...which I expect a new one to emerge this summer. It's only a matter of time, however, before people start getting justifiably cynical about that form of tomfoolery, as well.
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby torbjon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:45 am

Access Denied:

"huh?"

wha'? *laughs*

"what do you expect for free?"

Ya, I've had that one tossed in my face before, here's my reply:

IT AIN'T FREE!!!

WE the Users of ATS Give Time, Energy, and Content to the ATS domain, increasing their pageviews / pagecount, which generates revenue via advertising.

I don't know what you think of yourself, but MY time and energy has Value.

Just READING the site generates revenue for them.

They NEED users to stay alive.

so, in exchange for MY services I expect one simple thing from them:

Generic Customer Service.

If you read through the data set that Shawwna posted you will see that I spent a great deal of time following the Official ATS instructions trying to obtain the answer to two very simple questions and made it quite clear that I would be More than Happy with ANY human generated response... (the questions were 'was I banned and if so why')

All I ever got was auto responders telling me that a human being would get back to me soon...

Defenders claim that they are just really really busy (it's been a year now) and or are too busy to deal with a bozo like me (very insulting)

My freeking Congressman, whom I would suspect is just as busy as marky marc and receives just as many 'crack pot' letters as marky marc does doesn't seem to have a problem Promptly Replying to my inquiries, and all that numbnut gets outta me is One lousy vote come election day.

No

Those bozos misinterpreted what I was doing, reacted Emotionally to their own mistake, punished ME for Their blunder, and then didn't have the balls to fess up to it.

Ergo, cruddy customer service *shrugs*

and to 'ell with 'em.

And thanks for the warm Welcome, good to be here... don't worry about my electronic wrath too much, it's just words on a screen, ya know?

Now then, should you tick me off in real life, well, I got a crowbar and a crabpot with yer name on it bub *winks* he hee heee. Alaska, gotta love it.

laters
twj

edits to correct a few typos
Last edited by torbjon on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:02 am

uberarcanist wrote:Who woulda thunk I'd ever defend ATS. Does the ATS brass have ethical failings? In my opinion-resounding yes. However, I'm very proud of the posting community over there...in my experience hoaxes are short-lived, with the occasional exception of CGI hoaxes...which I expect a new one to emerge this summer. It's only a matter of time, however, before people start getting justifiably cynical about that form of tomfoolery, as well.

There's nothing wrong or weird about attacking and defending at the same time, it's called the duality of reality. As much as alla the hard core logical brainiac scientist types would like us to believe, the world just ain't a Black and White place, ya know?

ATS is a Great Place. Atomic power is Spiffy. Taxes are Good.

And they are not *shrugs*

It really Can go both ways, it's not an oxymoron or a paradox. It's just the way things are. Mark is a Great Person. He's a loving husband and a caring father and a hard worker... He's also a lotta negitive things I don't think I'm allowed to post here *laughs*

Just like you and me and everybody else... we are good And evil, ya know?

It's not an all or nothing kind of thing...

YES, there is "good" at ATS... there is also "evil" *shrugs*

A balance between the two makes for a healthy whole...

My PERSONAL opinion is that that site is out of balance leaning towards the Evil side... Eliminating the evil over there is just as bad as supporting it, the site would be out of balance again...

My personal feeling is that a small handful of people over there have been bitten by the Greed bug and are allowing the Evil side to grow in order to fulfill some future Good purpose...

But we all know what generally happens in that scenario; the 'future time' never comes *shrugs*
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby torbjon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 pm

So I just took my first peek at the forum rules here, and I do believe that I've broken about half of them already... and I haven't even been here a week yet!

I am such a miscreant.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Next

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else