Alternate latrine forum rules list

Alternate latrine forum rules list

Postby caleban » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 am

In the spirit of humorous diversion, meaningless drivel, good humor, and even
letting off steam, a place to propose rules where there are none and hopefully
won't be. The proposed rule should relate to member's posting-trait in some way,
be humorous, and not a personal jab. If you have a doubt about the latter,
apologize in advance.

I will use ScaRZ first, since I have doubt about whether or not this type of humor
will be offensive to him. I apologize as it isn't intended that way. Of the members
on this site, I instinctively trust ScaRZ. He tries to LIVE to a higher standard, and
it shines through him. I also know he will not zing me either way, but I do not want to offend.

The challenge is to make a latrine play-rule using a posting trait in a
humorous manner. If it is intended to be insulting it doesn't belong.
If a posting trait in and of itself seems insulting, it is probably educational.

Alternate latrine forum rules list - begin:

(For ScaRZ) Not allowed to brandish crucifixes at other members to see if they are "vamped".
(Use a mirror for that)

(for myself) Not allowed to chew gum when everyone else has run out.

(for AD) Not allowed to compose mission reports using only song lyrics.

(for Zep Tepi) Not allowed to distribute naked photos of command staff. (I see you replaced the old avatar)

(for ryguy) Not allowed to post such that when printed and bound, thrown down the stairs, will damage the floor tiles.

(for Ray) Not allowed to tell members they will be "first against the wall when the revolution comes." (even if its true)

(for uberarcanist) Not allowed to announce "all your base are belong to me!" when you think you have a winning, insiteful observation.

(for lost_shaman) Not allowed to issue safety procedures regarding zombie or UAP attacks.

(for Shawnna) Not allowed to abduct, anally probe, and return naked any fellow member. (takes NO prisoners)

(for Gary) Not allowed to claim "Back to the Future" was scientifically accurate.

(for torbjon) Not allowed to throw water balloons through the Stargate.

(for Chorlton) That also applies for "mooning" thru the Stargate.

(2nd for Gary) Not allowed to run naked through the corridors screaming, "Heisenberg was wrong!"

Just for starters. If you don't have a rule yet, keep posting. It will happen.
Almost forgot. Guess who this is:

(Guess) Not allowed to taunt using Shakespearean insults.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby uberarcanist » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:39 pm

Ah, but what's the fun in that?
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ryguy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm

rofl....I love it. I really want to post a list - but I can't think straight...my eyes are streaming from laughing so hard....

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Kinda fun. But I admit to being pretty dense sometimes....I don't get mine. :?

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Alternate latrine forum rules list

Postby ryguy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:28 pm

This could definitely be borderline offensive...so we'll need to be really careful with these lists...lol

Alternate latrine forum rules list:

(For ScaRZ) Not allowed to conduct battle with the Nephilim in the hallways.

(for myself) Not allowed to disagree with himself more than a maximum of 4 times in one paragraph.

(for AD) Not allowed to work on advanced space propulsion systems during RU company time.

(for Zep Tepi) In conducting all RU email correspondence with outside sources, must write responses longer than a minimum of three sentences.

(for Caleban) Not allowed to point out illogical posts more than 3 times in one week.

(for Ray) Not allowed to conduct Masonic Tree-of-Life rituals in RU common rooms.

(for uberarcanist) When pointing out obvious flaws-of-reasoning to new RU members, must also provide novicane and/or painkillers to said members to ease the pain.

(for lost_shaman) Not allowed to monitor nightime UAP sightings without RU staff supervision.

(for Shawnna) Not allowed to have a delete button. :)

(for Gary) Not allowed to read any more Isaac Asimov novels.

(for Caryn) - Not allowed to concentrate too hard, it interferes with RU television and cellphone reception.

(for torbjon) Not allowed to handle any explosive or flammable devices anywhere on or near RU premises.

(for Chorlton) Not allowed to be in possession of any deadly weapon or firearms when Casbolt or Lear is on or near RU premises.

(Guess) Not allowed to quote the same greek philosopher more than 3 times in a month.
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby uberarcanist » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey if you don't like me, just remember I come from a broken home (livejournal). :lol:
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Alternate latrine forum rules list

Postby Shawnna » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:21 pm

caleban wrote:(for Shawnna) Not allowed to abduct, anally probe, and return naked any fellow member. (takes NO prisoners)

:sigh:

NOTE TO SELF: It is easier to push a nuclear lawnmower on Serpo than it is to overcome a cyber-reputation once established.

ryguy wrote:(for Shawnna) Not allowed to have a delete button. :)

:oops:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby caleban » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:05 am

This could definitely be borderline offensive...so we'll need to be really careful with these lists...lol

Oh, yes ! Thats the reason for the long preamble to the thread. But the "payoff" can be impressive and well worth the risk. For example, take another look at your rule for Shawnna and her response. It has been my experience that no grievance is immune to neutralization when confronted from both sides with humor. When you reach the point that both sides can laugh and joke about it......all's well that ends well. That is my understanding of "burying the hatchet"...for good !

Kinda fun. But I admit to being pretty dense sometimes....I don't get mine.

My apology Ray. If you try something this borderline, be sure to err on the
side of humor, not accuracy. So read yours again with that in mind and see a few of your latest posts regarding your demonstrated "canary in the mine-shaft" affinity for a certain cartoon character from the past.

Hey if you don't like me, just remember I come from a broken home (livejournal).

And on the 14th of Nov. you went to ANOTHER one. But here, the breaks are light and structural. Properly done, a little carpenter shop in here can make it better than before. But everyone needs to pitch in and sand and repaint.

Would have answered sooner but I was caught off guard when ryguy caught on so quick. Fell out of my chair and got logged off when my head hit the key board from HIS humor. He even "downloaded" the cheat-code on why you include yourself.

OK, now I will try for a "two-fer" this time

(for dazdude) Not allowed ____________________________________________.

Only dazdude can see that I think....but he needs to either RV it, use the Force, or a
bottle of wine, whichever works best. If nothing works, ask MikeJamieson who
prolly has a copy of it in his "stack of stuff".
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Access Denied » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 am

[DISCLAIMER: This IS personal!]

(for caleban) Not allowed to tell anyone that somebody got “a nice little present from NASA” when asked to keep it to yourself. (loose lips sink ships and could lead to all of somebody’s hard work being “inadvertently” deleted)

(for lost_shaman) Not allowed to let anyone or anything keep you from reaching your full potential on your own.

(for Shawnna) Not allowed to delete “PlayerFour.pdf”. (just in case somebody else didn’t keep an extra copy or two)

(for torbjon) Not allowed to refuse delivery of large refrigerated packages with no return address and marked with the following international symbol…

[END DISCLAIMER]

(for everyone 1) Not allowed to trust anything or anyone intimately associated with ATS. (trust me it’s a VERY bad place)

(for everyone 2) Not allowed to let our individual differences and quirks discourage us from collaborating in the Neverending Quest for Truth…

(for everyone 3) [redacted]

(as long as I’m making wishes I figure it’s wise to save the last one for myself just in case the other two come true)
Men go and come but Earth abides.
Access Denied
1 of the RU3

Postby You Can Call Me Ray » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:59 pm

caleban wrote:My apology Ray.

No worries, Caleban. I wasn't offended. I just plain didn't get it! :)

So read yours again with that in mind and see a few of your latest posts regarding your demonstrated "canary in the mine-shaft" affinity for a certain cartoon character from the past.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh....... :oops: Now I REALLY feel stupid, cuz I still don't get it. I suppose at this point I should tell you that I was not allowed to watch cartoons as a child, so this latest allusion is lost on me. However, my childhood cartoon ban would probably explain why my favorite shows these days are ones like South Park, Family Guy, the Simpsons, and American Dad. 8)

Ray
The Universe is an Integrated System. Operational, Functional, and Physical.
You Can Call Me Ray
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby caleban » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:56 am

No worries, Caleban. I wasn't offended. I just plain didn't get it!

I know. I worked on yours a bit more than others. I suspect you share a
"real" trait with me and was looking for correlation. I sometimes dig too
deep and overlook the obvious as a result.

Now I REALLY feel stupid, cuz I still don't get it.

That is the reason for the apology. See how deep you went digging ?
Look at your recent exchange with alantree and then look at my rule
for you. Did I snapshot your "reaction" accurately ? I think the right
"feel" is humorously described, but only you can really tell.
caleban
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby torbjon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:07 am

AD, if it's refridgerated it's cool. "Keep 'em cool, Keep 'em moving" Where do I sign?

I don't throw waterballoons, I chuck fish.

No things that go boom boom? *pouts* awwww... me like to make boom boom.

*snuggles close to crowbar*

*possesively* I KEEP my play pretty... my precious precious play pretty.

he hee heeee
Expendable Guy. The show is no good without them.
torbjon
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby uberarcanist » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:44 am

Torb, they probably couldn't throw you out of the Army (assuming you were in it) for being crazy, because you are so crazy even YOU probably realize it. :lol:

Catch-22
867-5309
uberarcanist
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby ScaRZ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:00 pm

I just noticed this thread this morning. We need a little humor and don't worry about me,I can take it.

The best one was Shawnna and the delete button. :P :P
ScaRZ
Clearly Discerns Reality
Clearly Discerns Reality

Postby Shawnna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 pm

ScaRZ wrote:I just noticed this thread this morning. We need a little humor and don't worry about me,I can take it.

The best one was Shawnna and the delete button. :P :P

:oops:

I'm actually surprised they let me even edit my own posts now.

:bgovrhd:
"The only thing we found that makes the emptiness bearable is................... each other."

From the movie "Contact"

Shawnna's Reality
Shawnna
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Next

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else