Playground: FIGHT!

Playground: FIGHT!

Postby m0r1arty » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 am

Since we are all well mastered characters that aren't easily stepped upon but are also sensitive to our reflective practises I thought that a thread where we can outright vent might be in order.

I hope that within this thread we can call out character traits of other members which we find disagreeable and contain any potentially embarrassments to our nature here rather than in threads appropriated for specific learnings.

This way we may approach each new puzzle with a fresh mind stripped of our personal vendettas or bias towards other members.

The concept is that if we are brutally honest about our feelings here then we shouldn't need to be whilst we are studying the individual aspects of our research and musings.

I've found critically constructive feedback upon my character to be most esteeming and worthwhile. It's certainly a good thing to hear how a like-minded individual views you across the pane of the internet and allows for ponderings that are otherwise inaccessible.

Please - whilst venting and explaining do have the goodwill to keep within the terms and conditions of this site.

This is a playground and as such is for insults, put downs and goading.

Please give it as much attention as you would in your adult life.

Pick your fights but know that all fights are in themselves silly.

I hope this works.

-m0r
Thanks to BIAD for the avatar!
m0r1arty
Reality Is In Sight
Reality Is In Sight

Re: Playground: FIGHT!

Postby Slippery Jim » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 am

This really isn't a good idea, m0r!

People who have slight recriminations about other members will only cause those people to become defensive and respond with counterattacks.

Its a very devisive policy.

Danny.
You couldn't find your own arse with two hands, a map and Google!
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 am

Slippery Jim wrote:Its a very devisive policy.

Is NOT. {shove}

:lol:

actually, while it's a cute idea, I think I agree with LJ..

Added PS... By LJ, I mean, of course, Slippery Jim.
???

[explain]Well, every time I see Slip posting, I think of the Goon's 'Little Jim'.[/explain]

"He's fallen in da water"

You might have to be an old codger to understand..
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Slippery Jim » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

chrLz wrote:Is NOT. {shove}

:P

chrLz wrote:actually, while it's a cute idea, I think I agree with LJ..

Added PS... By LJ, I mean, of course, Slippery Jim.
???

Little Jim? Pistols at dawn chrlz! Pistols at dawn! :D

chrLz wrote:Well, every time I see Slip posting, I think of the Goon's 'Little Jim'.

"He's fallen in da water"

One of my favourite Goons quotes but I'm still confused. I honestly don't know what you're saying here! :shock:

chrLz wrote:You might have to be an old codger to understand..

I am an old codger but I still don't get the reference! :(

I'm probably being a bit thick. :oops:
Last edited by Access Denied on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quotes :)
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Slippery Jim » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:48 pm

So thick i messed up the quotes and now can't put it right! :roll:
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:10 am

Oohkay... I'm not exackerly sure what it is you don't understand.. but as most will know, I don't let such trivialities prevent me from posting a lengthy, analytical, definitive answer... :D

In my first post, I made reference to 'LJ'.

I was actually referring to you, Slippery Jim. So i should have typed SJ, not LJ.

The reason I typed LJ was that whenever I see your posts, I immediately think of Little Jim from the Goons (your avatar helps!). To the point that I simply typed LJ as your initials without thinking.

Noticing my error, and not wishing to confuse folks (who might spend months searching to find out who LJ was) I had two obvious options.

1. Simply edit the thread and change LJ to SJ.

2. Explain in excruciating and completely needless detail about why I typed LJ and waffle on about my comedy heroes, thereby confusing people even more..

The choice, my dear boy, was obvious!

Now as for that duel.. [blunebottle]Just you wait while I go and get my cardboard sword and mum's old drawers...If I'm not back in an hour, you can start without me.[/blunebottle]

And of course, now no-one escapes without some obligatory goon humour:

Lastly... I won't add another youtube embed, but if anyone desperately wishes to hear Little Jim's catchphrase, it can be found at 7:00 minutes into ... watch?v=GoVlfYhfUjU
"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Slippery Jim » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 pm

:lol:

Sorry, I thought there was some relation to the actual quote by Little Jim of "He's fallen in the water!" to something I had said.

I didn't realise you were just equating the 'Jim' part of both of our names.

Loved the "What time is it Eccles?" vid btw! :lol: Spike Milligan is the most comedic genius of all time as far as I'm concerned. Have you read his memoirs of his time in WW2? Every time I read them I almost cough up a lung laughing.

Danny.
Slippery Jim
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 am

Completely offtopic, but this is where that is supposed to be ok, I'm guessing..

Slippery Jim wrote::lol:
Loved the "What time is it Eccles?" vid btw! :lol: Spike Milligan is the most comedic genius of all time as far as I'm concerned. Have you read his memoirs of his time in WW2? Every time I read them I almost cough up a lung laughing.

Danny.

:lol: Don't start me on the Goons, and more particularly Spike. I have just two heroes, both sadly departed, and they are:
- Carl Sagan
- Spike Milligan

Yes, I've read "Adolf Hitler-My Part in His Downfall", and I agree, it's an extraordinary read - but shamefully I haven't got around to the other two. I might ask for them for Christmas, now that you've reminded me... BTW, back when I first discovered the Goons, I began to collect every episode on cassette tape (naughty me), and I still have those tapes... I think I'm only missing about ten or so episodes from the full set... (Yes, it's a LOT of tapes, but i currently have no tape deck..!) My favorite Goon show would probably be .. Napoleon's Piano. Brilliant!!!!

[eccles] Hey! I keep fallin' down.. [/eccles] :lol:
chrLz

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else