Nancy Lieder's Zetatalk - trash "Planet X" and get banned

Nancy Lieder's Zetatalk - trash "Planet X" and get banned

Postby Smersh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Nancy Lieder is I believe largely responsible for kicking off the Planet X / Nibiru hoax back in about the mid 1990s, supposedly because she "channels" with an alien race known as the "Zetas" and who have allegedly given her this information. As many here will know, this hoax has a life of its own and there are now a great many websites devoted to this nonsense and countless videos uploaded to Youtube, etc etc.

To this day, she still has pictures up on her website of "Planet X" taken in 2003 and 2004 here with the following comment at the top of the page:

... Planet X was tracked in the night sky up until 2003 when it moved within the orbit of the Earth, thus being close to the Sun and lost in the glare ...

In spite of it now being 2011, and the pictures on that page being very good examples of lens flare, she still has a legion of followers who post on her forum and blog pages about Planet X, pole shifts, Comet Elenin etc etc here. Anyone can join up to post and the first page of the signup procedure is here. (If anyone here wishes to join btw, the answer to the question about when Zetatalk first went online is 1995.) Once you've filled that in, you then come to the second page of the signup procedure here.

Note the final question at the bottom of that page which has to be agreed to before you can finally join:

Do you know that you will be suspended without explanation if you post anything that includes main establishment lies, disinformation or otherwise any material or links that try to obfuscate the truth about Planet X?

Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Re: Nancy Lieder's Zetatalk - trash "Planet X" and get banne

Postby Smersh » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:12 am

Further to above. There's a pretty good write-up about Nancy Lieder, the history of her website and her posts before that on the sci.astro newsgroup on Usenet here:

http://www.2012hoax.org/nancy-lieder

If anyone tries to debate her, she is never wrong because she always has the full authority of the Zetas behind her (or so she thinks, apparently.) Even when it's quite clear she has lost a debate, she doesn't realise it herself. For example, here's a snippet of a thread at sci.astro in 1995, 1997 and again in 2002 (!?!) about Hale Bopp:

NL (1995): Hale-Bopp is a hoax.
SA (1995): No, it's a comet. We can see it.
NL (1995): No, you can't, you're part of the hoax. It's an exploding star.
SA (1997): We have two years of tracking data. It's a comet.
NL (1997): No, NASA is slipping in tracking data to deceive you and align with a real comet.
SA (1997): Yes, it's a real comet!
NL (2002): You only think I was wrong, but really I was lying to you, so the Zetas were right again!
SA (2002): ???

In 2003 Phil Plait (the "Bad Astronomer,") had a debate with Nancy Lieder about Planet X on the Coast to Coast radio show hosted by George Noory. Although sadly, to my knowledge no recording of this debate exists anywhere online, Jigsaw, a BAUT forum member perfomed the admirable service of typing out a written transcript of the entire debate which he then posted:

Verbatim transcript of Phil/Nancy debate is here (whew!)

My family thinks I have flipped totally, but I don't care, the way I see it I'm performing a service to humanity. I may not even own a telescope, but I can type 60 wpm. Bottom line, the BA wiped the floor with her, but she was so far out in LaLa Land that she didn't even notice. I want some of whatever she's smoking...

During this debate, Nancy broke off at times to consult with the "Zetas." At one point, Phil was invited to ask a question to the Zetas himself but he declined ...

You can read all of it here. :shock:
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby chrLz » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:24 pm

It is sometimes said these people are 'harmless' and should be left free to have their delusions..

But she certainly wasn't harmless to her healthy dog..
(WARNING - if you like dogs and don't have a strong stomach, you should probably not listen to the following radio interview with Nancy Lieder..)

"To wear the mantle of Galileo, it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment. You must also be right." - Robert L. Park (..almost)
chrLz

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:54 am

chrLz wrote:It is sometimes said these people are 'harmless' and should be left free to have their delusions..

But she certainly wasn't harmless to her healthy dog..
(WARNING - if you like dogs and don't have a strong stomach, you should probably not listen to the following radio interview with Nancy Lieder..) ...

Yikes. :shock:

I hadn't seen that one before before chrLz. It begs the question I suppose that if she is going to drown her puppies to save them from the 2012 "Doomsday" (which as far as I can make out is the reason for her doing that) why does she go out out and buy the puppies in the first place? Just so she can drown them?

Seems to me that this woman is not only looney but as you suggested, positively dangerous. Remember the Heaven's Gate cult who's members commited suicide because of the alien spacecraft that was claimed to be following the Hale Bopp comet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_G ... ious_group)

I hope the same thing doesn't happen in 2012 or when Nibiru is next supposed to be arriving or whatever. As I mentioned earlier, you can't join her site to debunk all the nonsense because you will immediately get banned. All that can be done is to point it out on other sites such as here at RU.
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby RICH-ENGLAND » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 pm

@smersh.

yes, its always difficult to deal with these people because they wont allow open discussion on their sites and will stick to places where theyre in total control of content and posts, ive been through this with wayne herschel and judy faltskog and their silly claims.

it just proves they have absolutely no faith in their claims whatsoever, they snipe from afar and wont have no part of any open invite to neutral ground for debate, and if they do its usually just a hit and run job or a sock puppet fest...

thanks

rich
ATS HAS TURNED INTO A "BALLOONATIC" ASYLUM
RICH-ENGLAND
Focused on Reality
Focused on Reality

Postby Smersh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:32 am

Hi Rich, yes this happens on Youtube as well of course. As you probably know there are countless scaremongering videos on there about Elenin, Nibiru, 2012 etc etc with new ones being added every day, but because there is an option in Youtube for uploaders to use if they wish, to approve comments before they are displayed, in some cases any comment which states common sense and debunks the nonsense won't get approved and will never be displayed ...
Pobody's nerfect
Smersh
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Google

Return to The Latrine - Anything Else