Do you ever wonder?

Holographic Universe or Computer Simulation? Big Bang or God?

Moderators: ryguy, chrLz, Zep Tepi

Do you ever wonder?

Postby Chorlton » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Im a sceptic, no doubt about that, but that doesnt mean there arent still things that make me go HMMMMMM
Last night was one of those. No one home but me. Sitting watching TV when from the corner of my eye I see a shadow move across the hallway outside my door. It isnt the first time either and Im not the only one to have seen it. Considering we have only been in this house a matter of months, its curious.

But that brings me to other things that seem inconsequential.
Those things that you see from the corner of your eye. Those things that you thought you saw move, that sound you thought you heard. Are they all explainable by, say 'floaters' in the eye or hairs in your ears moving ?

Or am I just going slowly inexorably, mad :D
I have become that which I always despised and feared........Old !

My greatest wish, would be to own my own scrapyard.
Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Re: Do you ever wonder?

Postby ryguy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Chorlton wrote:But that brings me to other things that seem inconsequential.
Those things that you see from the corner of your eye. Those things that you thought you saw move, that sound you thought you heard. Are they all explainable by, say 'floaters' in the eye or hairs in your ears moving ?

Or am I just going slowly inexorably, mad :D

Those floaters, which are becoming worse as I get older, have actually made me jump once or twice during some of my late night 2am to 3am writing sessions. I see a shadow in the corner of the room just out of the corner of my eye, and it slowly moves toward the center of the room. My heart starts pounding (because I'd just finished writing an article about haunted hotels...LOL) and when I look up it disappears. After a few seconds I remember the floaters and my heart calms..lol.

For a few weeks at almost exactly 3am I started hearing a banging from the basement. Couldn't explain it and was starting to become convinced that some of the antiques I stored down there may be haunted - it seemed like it was 3am every night. I got so fed up the next time it happened I switched on the light and ran downstairs...to see the rabbit in its cage, in the corner of the room, cleaning itself and banging its cage. I forgot it was down there...lol.

Yeah...we tend to scare ourselves pretty easily don't we?

-Ry
---
"Only a fool of a scientist would dismiss the evidence and reports in front of him and substitute his own beliefs in their place." - Paul Kurtz

The RU Blog
Top Secret Writers
ryguy
1 of the RU3

Postby Crackajack » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 pm

Maybe it's the quantum world doing its thang. I sometimes wonder what happens in the world that is not observed. Of course at the time it is observed, it either happens differently or cannot happen at all.
Crackajack
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Postby Chorlton » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 am

Crakajack, thats the old "If a tree falls in a forest, does anyone hear" statement.

Ry. I dont mean the actual stuff we do know about, Floaters etc, but those little things we take little notice of, Like that little something you see from the corner of your eye but take no notice of, like going round a corner somewhere and recognising it instantly but never having been there before, like the shadow moving in my hall. Tried videoing it last night but nothing, he must have been out clubbing

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby Zep Tepi » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I'm a big fan of deja-vu being due to the brain misfiring theory. It has something to do with the brain storing current signals (images, sounds, smells etc.) in the wrong part of the brain, the part that is responsible for past memories. It only happens for a split second, but has a profound effect on the experiencer.

That's a sound argument for one type of deja-vu, but what about the other type?

I've had quite a few experiences which don't fit into that category. One of them involved knowing what was going to happen about a minute before the events actually did happen. The sequence was very specific, and not really something that you could put down to chance. Another involved a time-span which was much greater than that, a couple of weeks to be precise.

If anyone is interested I will relate the details, but right now I'm supposed to be enjoying the last day of my holiday :)
Zep Tepi
1 of the RU3

Postby Chorlton » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 am

Zep Tepi wrote:I'm a big fan of deja-vu being due to the brain misfiring theory. It has something to do with the brain storing current signals (images, sounds, smells etc.) in the wrong part of the brain, the part that is responsible for past memories. It only happens for a split second, but has a profound effect on the experiencer.

That's a sound argument for one type of deja-vu, but what about the other type?

I've had quite a few experiences which don't fit into that category. One of them involved knowing what was going to happen about a minute before the events actually did happen. The sequence was very specific, and not really something that you could put down to chance. Another involved a time-span which was much greater than that, a couple of weeks to be precise.

If anyone is interested I will relate the details, but right now I'm supposed to be enjoying the last day of my holiday :)

I would like to hear of it. Deja-Vu has always fascinated me. Ive always been of the opinion that memories and info could be somehow passed on by Sperm or Ova in the reproductive process.

Chorlton
Uncovers Reality
Uncovers Reality

Postby oboe » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

Nah, it's just a glitch in the Matrix. :)
oboe
On A Quest for Reality
On A Quest for Reality

Postby Nemo » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Assuming that this holiday ended sometime in 2006.....what are the details?
Nemo
In Search of Reality
In Search of Reality

Google

Return to Reality